Hi from Australia

Options
HI,
Im new on MFP, im from australia and i find this site better than any of the australian versions. Even if i do have to convert things to pounds and ounces haha.
I just started going to the gym and use this site to log in my fitness and food so i know all the hard work im doing is paying off.
Would love to make some friends on here
:)

Replies

• fxst78
    fxst78 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Hey! I am from Australia aswell. I have used nutridiary in the past but switched to MFP for the iPhone App. Once all your personal settings are adjusted you don't have to do much converting, except some of the foods are only listed in ounces. But just remember an ounce is 30g and your good to go!
    I have found that logging food and exercise is the only way to really make the correct lifestyle change. You can really see the effect different foods are having, you see that a really huge salad with chicken breast and all sorts of other goodies with a healthy dressing has less calories than a Mars Bar!
    Good luck with achieving your goals!
  • megsta21
    megsta21 Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    Im from the wonderful world of Oz too!! hahahaha =)

Ive never used anything like MFP before but I love it!! i found it via itunes app too!! =)

Welcome!

Feel free to add me as a friend iif you wanna! =)
  • MiekeJ
    MiekeJ Posts: 139
    Options
    I am Aussie too!

Welcome :-)
  • sara_m83
    sara_m83 Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    Hello from Brisbane!
    I've been using MFP since February and though the weight loss hasn't been as quick as the daily diary predicts, it has come. This site has really encouraged me to pay attention to what i eat and to exercise. I hope you find it as helpful as I have.
  • nicolab91
    Options
    hey there, this is my first post! i'm really excited about this website and hopefully it will help me achieve my goals. i'm recovering from glandular fever so i've put on quite a bit of weight but i want to get rid of it before summer!

nice to meet you :)
  • BradPrime
    Options
    WooHoo I'm Aussie too and MFP helps me track my calories heaps, it is awesome.
  • bigwilloz
    Options
    hello there fellow Aussies, i joined MFP 2 days ago and this app really makes you understand a lot more about what you're putting in your mouth and how important exersice is, good to see more people are trying to be healthy...Just like me.
  • georgiabridget
    Options
    hey im from victoria! <3<3

I agree, this sites so good! nothing compares :) x
  • MsLisaB
    MsLisaB Posts: 256
    Options
    Hello from Perth. I would say "Sunny Perth" but it's all overcast and stormy today. I'm just hoping I don't get wet during my run this afternoon.

Also found this place through the iPhone app and love it :smile:
  • anawigela
    Options
    Hi!
    I'm up in North Qld, loving MFP, and the "truths" it tells with my diet, i have given up stuff like, milo, softdrinks etc coz when i look up the cals, they are not worth it!
    So how is everybody been doing?
  • Lynn52
    Options
    Greetings,
    I'm from Sydney and found this site via the iphone app. I find it useful and thanks to the bloke who posted the conversion of the oz to 30grams. I will remember that one!

I have hashimoto's (a form of slow thryoid) and dont metabolise efficiently ie body temp is 35.6 instead of 36.5 - bummer but I am working at increasing my metabolism which will help me lose some of the weight I gained before my diagnosis. This app is useful in proving my intake as well as exercise - sort of I have a bit of trouble working out my output.
    cheers
    Lynn
  • Kendal_Sylvester
    Options
    Hello... i'm from little Ol' Tassie!

Its so good to find other people from the same country on here! I am useless with the converting so I really hope I have been doing things properly and not over eating :O

Anyway feel free to add me. The more support the better!
  • Alaska01
    Options
    Hey, I am in Newcastle NSW and just joined. It would be great to chat to anyone so drop me a line or however it works on here lol. i haven't mastered it yet.

Good luck to everyone and Happy Christmas if you celebrate it!!

Rod
  • vbhoj74
    vbhoj74 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Lot of peeps from Aus here, I'm sure you will feel at home already. :p

Welcome !
  • craig61
    Options
    me to i'm from Port Stephens been here for 1 month great place to be
  • ChantelleSlight
    Options
    Hi, I am in Brisbane, would love to add anyone who wants to be my friend as well. Have been using this site for awhile now, and I love it. The people on here really make a difference in keeping me motivated. Kind Regards, Chantelle
  • vonlew
    vonlew Posts: 5
    Options
    Hi there, I am from Australia too, love the app and find it great to use and it's free!!!!
  • Procrastinator
    Options
    Hi :) I'm from Australia too but my parents are from South Asia haha. Anyways, I'm new to this site as well but what's good is that you can use things in kilos and cm instead of pounds and inches.
    Good luck!
  • MsMonny
    MsMonny Posts: 183
    Options
    Hi from the nearly warm Adelaide Hills!!

I just joined a few days ago and I am loving it already. There isn't actually a site like it (and I've seen a few) and I am already feeling confident in my upcoming weight loss and how I log my food.

Add me as a friend if you need more encouraging and, hopefully, inspiration :wink:

cheers
    Monika
  • leaseylou
    Options
    Hi! I'm from Australia too!

I used this site a bit last year and found it really good, but about 4 months ago I stopped using the site, and then there was Christmas... weight started to creep on.....
    Anyway back on track now and just started my healthy eating plan again yesterday! The things I find hardest to give up are cheese and wine. Alcohol has just too many calories in it! To make this plan livable though, I'm allowing one wine per week and some low fat cheese in a wrap twice a week. Got to have some pleasures in life!

I've found that the more I use this site, I'm finding more and more Aussie foods, or I just add my own. Once you get the hang of it it's not to onerous, and online calorie converters (from kJ) really save time too.

Keep up the good work everyone!