Hi from Australia

Options

Replies

• tishpickle
    Options
    Hey - I am from Perth - and just started using this site - mainly through the iPhone app. I am in my 3rd week and 2kg are gone !
  • brianward81
    brianward81 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    I logged in my 50th day on Saturday and reached over my goal of 74kg to 73.5kg. I am now going to try the maintenance thing and see how I go! This stuff works for me will always use it and recommend to anyone who has not had luck with other methods.
  • thaidi007
    thaidi007 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Have you guys tried www.calorieking.com.au - its brilliant and I've been using it for 7 months now. All Oz food and in kgs, etc no converting from pounds & ounces.:smile:
  • joeygirl72
    Options
    Hey,

Another Aussie here. New to the site. Hoping to be smoking hot by my 40th in February. One week in and 2.7k loss in the first week.. Weigh in again on Monday so hoping for another good loss.
    Motivation is high so far.

Hope we can all motivate each other.

Feel free to add me. I'm in Melbourne....
  • mareez
    mareez Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Sounds like this site is keeping us Australians motivated so far! :0) I have just started using this but mainly as the iPhone app. This is the 1st time I have logged into the actual website. I am looking to add a few Australian people as motivation, if anyone is interested?? :0)
  • cathyblack179
    Options
    Hi

I used to live in Sydney for 20 years but have returned to Edinburgh 9years ago. Have one son still in Sydney and another ready to move to Perth. I have just started mfp as well and going to the gym. maybe we could try and motivate each other
  • jenni177
    Options
    Hey guys another Aussie here from western Sydney. I have been using mfp on and off for the last 2 months but tomorrow I am starting for good. Feel free to add me as a friend to keep me motivated.
  • BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    Options
    HERRO from canberra!
  • withoutaname
    withoutaname Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    G'day from Perth. :)
  • Littlemouse1973
    Littlemouse1973 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hi from Springfield Lakes! (QLD)

Aussie Aussie Aussie...
  • kirakaydawn
    Options
    Hello from Adelaide :)

Feel free to add me anyone..
  • harleigh67
    Options
    I would love to meet people in other countries also I am in Usa(Ohio) and used to have clients all over the world , no longer work and I have sleep issues would love some friends who will be up when others are cathing some zZZZZZZ's
  • cofakid
    cofakid Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Have you guys tried www.calorieking.com.au - its brilliant and I've been using it for 7 months now. All Oz food and in kgs, etc no converting from pounds & ounces.:smile:

That is what i use to use until i swapped to mfp at the start of october. I was getting an iphone and wanted one with an app to make it easier for me.

Love this site! the app is great and i dont have to get out my laptop after dinner every night, and i love the forums and the friends!

Even though theres less converting on calorieking i found the datatabase not as full or accurate - this for me has alll the foods i eat and i havent had to make as many custom foods. And the barcode scanner is AWESOME!

But thats just my opinion :)

I'm from Sydney and very glad to see so many aussies on here!

After falling off the wagon this site is helping me get my motivation back, and im working harder and feeling better about it all.
  • meeko_meerkat
    meeko_meerkat Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Hey! I'm from the Sunshine Coast. MFP has been the best site I've tried too. Feel free to add me! :)
  • brianward81
    brianward81 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    I've got an app called Pocket Cal/Kj that quickly converts into calories. It would be good if MFP would let you choose Calories or Kilojoules but it only takes a minute to check so no biggie.
  • Wallaby2
    Wallaby2 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I'm an Aussie too so feel free to add me :)
  • Quaters
    Quaters Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Hi there did not realise that there was an Auzzie group my mfpals are all from overseas. great site everyone is so motivational.
  • buggsybee
    buggsybee Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm from Adelaide and have been using the MFP diary for around 3 months, but have only just gotten around to joining the forums. I've still got 12kg to go to hit my goal weight, and would definitely welcome some inspiration/advice/encouragement! Feel free to add me! :)
  • PROJECTSEINI
    Options
    Hi, I'm from Sydney just discovered MFP last month so am still new but must say I LOVE THIS!!! I have ave lost 9KG since joining and 42kg more to go!!
  • PROJECTSEINI
    Options
    So GREAT to see many Aussies on this site:-) HAPPY HEALTHY LIVING AND MERRY CHRISTMAS:-)