Tattoos..do you have one? If not what would you get?

Options

Replies

• xX_PhoenixRising_Xx
    xX_PhoenixRising_Xx Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    I have two, I got them both 12 years ago. A butterfly and the Kanji symbol for "Dream". I was so overweight that I didn't want to get any more in case they stretched or looked strange when I lost weight, but once I'm at goal and have lost at least 74kg, I want to get this one:

299888335.jpg
  • JamieG8991
    JamieG8991 Posts: 1,203 Member
    Options
    I have 6 tattoos and I love every one!!! I definitely want one or two more.
  • livingmylegacy
    Options
    I've got one!

IMG_0448_zps591de819.jpg

The down arrow stands for the fall of man. No one's perfect, everyone has messed up and sinned in their lives. "For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God." (Romans 3:23).

It also stands for the fact that because of that sin, we have all earned a punishment and that punishment is Hell. "For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life." (Romans 6:23)

And that there is nothing we can do on our own to fix that problem. We can't save ourselves. "For it is by Grace you are saved, through Faith, not of yourself, but of gift of God." (Ephesians 2:8)

The fish symbol (or the ichthus) and the cross stand for Jesus coming to earth as a man, the Son of God, and living a sinless life so that he could die on the cross for our sins. But he did not stay dead! Three days later, he was raised.

"For I passed on to you as most important what I also received: that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, that He was buried, that He was raised on the third day according to the Scriptures." (1 Corinthians 15:3-4)

The fourth symbol is a "u-turn" arrow which stands for repentance. The gift of God is free, but it is not automatic. In order for us to accept this gift, we must repent, and all that really means is "to turn". So basically, we turn away from sin and ourselves, and we turn toward God.

The final symbol is a crown of thorns and it stands for the verse, "If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord, and believe if your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved." (Romans 10:9)

And that's it! It's my first tattoo, but most certainly not my last!
  • mdcjmom
    mdcjmom Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    I have one and I am going to reward myself with another one when I hit my 50 lbs lost again. It is going to be the autism butterfly I found...
  • EMTFreakGirl
    EMTFreakGirl Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    I have several and will be getting more.
    First one was done in college, I went to military school and my company was known as the "Zoo." All Zoobies in my Rook Class got them. Mine is a panther on my right hip bone.
    Next came my eagle/angel wings with a star of life that goes from nape of neck to just below my shoulder blades.
    Third was my "Granny Smith Apple" on my inner right forearm. My last name is Smith. When my granddaughter was born I decided that I could not ever be known as Granny Smith so my granddaughter calls me "Apples." (C'mon...BEST grandmother name EVER!!!!)
    My fourth is a white ink frog prince on my inner left wrist. (Oh, yes. There is definitely a story to THIS one.)
    Fifth is a summer mountain/river/backpacker scene on my left thigh. (I hike and backpack)
    Sixth (and current work in progress) is a Snowy Mountain/Alpine Glow/Swirling Snowflake scene on my Right Shoulder...nearly a 1/2 sleeve piece (I ski and help out with ski patrol on the local ski hill.)
    I am also working with my artist to add a wolf piece and an Alice in Wonderland piece. (both "in design" right now.)
    I'm sure that there will eventually be more.
  • GeminiBridget
    GeminiBridget Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    One? I've got 4! :) Plan on getting another one soon! :)
  • veggiemama81
    veggiemama81 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I have quite a few. I'm a few appointments away from finishing a full sleeve. After that I'm probably done. I have a couple from when I was younger that I'm getting removed and it is awful!
  • wendy_j441
    wendy_j441 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I have one. It's a hummingbird intertwining with a rose.
  • compass172
    compass172 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I've been inked 12 times, however I have 10 actual tattoos as one time was an addition and another was a cover up. When I was 18 I thought Atheist in Olde English was the best idea in the world, and while I have not suddenly started believing in anything, I am not a fan of labels- so it's a Tim Burtonesque scroll pattern that was free-handed.

My tattoos range from a tiny Angerthas Rune on my wrist, to a large custom drawn drow on my back. I also have a free handed shipwreck that was drawn by the artist looking at a black and white picture of the ship. The rest are less original- celtic knot, spiders, panther, SP heart logo, etc.

I plan to get more at some point, but it took years to accumulate what I have, and I can't see spending the money any time soon.

drowclosejpg.jpg

This is my favorite, the custom drawn drow.
  • Dave0403
    Options
    Dragon with Celtic symbol in the wing on my left peck. Though tempted for another one I some times regret getting even one.
  • _Fenrir_
    _Fenrir_ Posts: 471
    Options
    Kestrel head(Tribal Style) on my Right Delt
  • Tatonka_usn
    Tatonka_usn Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Have two.....one on my left hip, and the other on my right shoulder blade (in profile picture).
  • happysherri
    happysherri Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    Don't have any, guess I'm a rebel :-)

Wouldn't get one. I like my skin the way it is. Plus I change my mind a lot, so don't know what I would want forever (including kids initials).

I do think some of them are cool and consider most an art.
  • FreshKrisKreash
    FreshKrisKreash Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    I wanna get something on the back of my neck so it can be hidden but I can still show it to the people I want to see it. Don't know what I want it to be though.
  • rkehrberg123
    Options
    I have 32 and plan on getting more :)
  • Mountah
    Mountah Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    No tattoos currently and I will probably remain ink free. However, a tattoo of Lady Justice across my back would be pretty sweet.
  • shutyourpieholeandsquat
    Options
    I'd like one.

It probably sounds cheesy. But I was thinking of getting just the words "the pawprints left by you" somewhere, with little 'pawprints' to represent the dogs I've lost. So far, that would be two. I just love dogs so much that... eventually, that might be too many pawprints.

dear God I love you for this
    Options
    only the one at the moment - but when I make my goal weight I am planning a pawprint pattern on my foot with my doggie's name. Sad right?! But I like it :smile:

NOT sad. not at all. :)
    Options
    My original "goal weight" treat was to get this

IMG_2645_zps793ca658.jpg

But I do struggle back and forth with getting that or a paw print because I'm kinda the crazy dog lady and all.
  • Tydeclare44
    Tydeclare44 Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    I have a cross with moose antlers instead of angel wings on my thigh