Tattoos..do you have one? If not what would you get?

Options

Replies

• jjennyb4
    jjennyb4 Posts: 1,581 Member
    Options
    only the one at the moment - but when I make my goal weight I am planning a pawprint pattern on my foot with my doggie's name. Sad right?! But I like it :smile:

NOT sad. not at all. :)

I agree... I have each of my dogs prints on my hips. They were rotties so they are big paws. I also have their names under the paw print. Sadly they are no longer with me, but I still have 3 dogs and I will continue to get each of their prints tattooed on me.

In all I have 8 tattoos and 27 piercings :) and I want more!!!!!
  • GingerJenX3
    Options
    Right on lots of cool ideas....I love the personal selections...special meanings for everyone! Thanks for sharing!!
  • GiddyupTim
    GiddyupTim Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    I have one, a rather small yin-yang sign. Got it when a great friend passed away. Drank himself to death. Walked out of the emergency room in the middle of the night after the doctors told him he would not make it thru the rest of the night if he left.
    Back in those days, you actually had to go to the bad part of town, or down to the docks, to find a tattoo artist.
    Always wanted small wings on my ankles, like the god Mercury.
    But, tattoos are not so cool when you get older, and no one really needs to see your bare flesh except loved ones.
  • Eli716
    Eli716 Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    I want one badly, but I will wait until I reach 25-50 lbs near my weight goal. Since I've always had a thing for wolves and am probably the only person in the family that cherishes the fact that I have Native American blood, I'm thinking of a dream-catcher with woven braided band around a limb. The center piece would be two wolves, black and white, to symbolize the Cherokee legend that I've loved for years. :)
  • Andy_83
    Andy_83 Posts: 270
    Options
    Like the idea of one but given every time I consider it 12 months later I think of the design I would have is terrible and I'm relieved I didn't means I'll probably shy away from them.
  • Andy_83
    Andy_83 Posts: 270
    Options
    No tattoos. I have commitment issues. But I have 11 piercings.

11? Wow
  • BobMcCloskey
    Options
    I have 3. Got them when I was 16. First one was a "gang" tattoo on my left shoulder. Basically, it's the Harley wings, but on s skull. Everyone of us that hung together got it, but all in different places. The second one I got was an owl on my right arm. Seemed like everyone was getting an eagle tattoo and I wanted to be different. So I got the owl from "The Last Great Act of Definace" poster that was popular in the mid 70's. It's my favorite. 3rd one was black roses, two blooming and one bud on my right forearm. I thought it was cool looking, no other reason.

If I had to do it all over again, I would still have the owl but probably not the other two. Every so often, (like now, reading this thread), I think about getting the gang tattoo covered up with something else.
  • ra1williamson
    ra1williamson Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I dont have any :)
  • CharityGC
    CharityGC Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    I have one on my wrist and am going to get one on my rib cage, my mom's handwriting from a note she gave me. She passed away in 2007.
  • DeputySox
    Options
    None and don't plan on any.
  • Alwayssohungry
    Alwayssohungry Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Three - custom drawing of a favorite location on my back, arrow around my ankle for my maiden name and a horseshoe crab on the top of my foot. The horseshoe crab is pretty badass :)
  • GeorgieLove708
    GeorgieLove708 Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    I have 4 currently and plan on many more. I want to get 4 small ones this year on my wrists/hands. When I've gotten where I want to be weight/body-wise I plan to have sleeves and incorporate my start weight somehow as a reminder of where I've been and what I've accomplished.
    I'm scared of needles too and have anxiety. I know it doesn't hurt now and I still freak before every tattoo. It just takes a few minutes of bravery to get started and then I'm over it and enjoy getting the tattoo.
  • Spaghetti_Bender
    Spaghetti_Bender Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    Tattoos are so trashy! :wink:
  • cab010506
    cab010506 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I have just the 1 way down on the base of my spine not on show e unless I choose it to be..got it at a famous tattooist in Australia in Byron bay as a memory keepsake of my fun travels...never regretted it as its easily forgotten about..a blue flower...
  • Tandksmommy11
    Tandksmommy11 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    I have 3 of them at the moment, and plan on at least one more.
  • hotmomma0612
    hotmomma0612 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    I have no tattoos and one body piercing (besides ears).

I'd love to get little birds (black silhouettes) behind my ear, and some form of black and white flower image with a nice quote on my hip.
  • Iron_Lotus
    Iron_Lotus Posts: 2,295 Member
    Options
    I don't know if I have posted here or not, but I have many tattoos and many more planned. I have my full right sleeve, one on my left bicep, one on my left forearm, one back of my neck, one on the side of my neck, one on my left shoulder blade, one on my right ankle, and a chest piece.
  • misscem94
    misscem94 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I got a little book done on my left wrist when I was recovering from depression. Literature is one of my greatest loves, and reading and writing kept me going. It's also dedicated to the two people who saved my life, both of whom are connected with literature too.

I'm still trying to get to grips with the photo adding lol.
  • jeffdoc
    jeffdoc Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I have one tattoo. It's the New England Patriots football team logo on my left outer calf. Reposing both my hometown team (I'm originally from Boston, MA) and the red, white and blue of the USA! Go Pats!
  • marniekerr
    marniekerr Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I have just one - the initials of my children connected so that they create a heart at the centre. Took me longer to create the design than commit to the idea of a tattoo. Only thing I would permanently put on my body.