Looking for Support/Motivation for Jillian workouts :)

Options

Replies

• susanrechter
    susanrechter Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am doing the JM30DS. I like it a lot once I get going, it's a short 27 minute workout that makes me sweat (yeah! detox!).
    I us 6 pound weights. I did have some problem with the jumping jacks cuz I hurt my knee...she doesn't have an alternate exercise for the jumping jacks so I improvised...now back to jumping.
    Lost inches in my waist after 2 weeks of Level 1, no weight loss, instead I picked up 3 pounds ::mad: . Don't know if it was sodium retention or muscle glycogen/repair. Anyway, the sculpting and strength is what I'm in for with JM30DS.
    I have found that over the course of a couple weeks I have gained strength, a good feeling and I ain't a spring chicken!:blushing:
    Good Luck everyone. BTW, I got the shred free on youtube.
  • ChoiceNotChance
    ChoiceNotChance Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    Complete day 8 of level 1 RI 30 this morning. I guess it's time to go to level 2. I have a hard time doing some of the cardio due to a back surgery, I can't really do much impact, but I make adjustments. Level 1 definitely go easier each day. I haven't weighed myself yet but things do feel "tighter".
  • lobster888
    lobster888 Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    Hey I just saw this thread and thought I would join. I am finishing up Jillian's body revolution next week. I have cardio tomorrow and then week 12 starting Monday. I love it. I love her DVD's. I will be starting the Ripped in 30 after that but I have some other DVD's to play around with too. I have the 30 day shred and Extreme Shred and shed, Killer buns and thighs and two of the biggest loser DVDs with her. I would love to join this group and support and motivate each other.

Hope everyone has a happy healthy day!!!
  • lucyloutoo
    lucyloutoo Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    Done a few days of level one 30ds,going to skip to level 2 now.
  • DLD53
    DLD53 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Afternoon everyone :) Hope you are all having a great Saturday...

Good here, I was feeling brave so decided to do NMTZ instead of day 2 of the shred and managed to complete it all :happy: I'm sure my triceps and 'saddlebags' will not thank me tomorrow but I really enjoyed it :)

Auna01 - So glad it's not just me with that last circuit :)

Welcome to everyone joining us on this journey - sounds like you are all doing great :happy:
  • SKINNYsupermodel
    Options
    Hey I would love to join this :) I am working on 6wk 6pack and it's pretty tough! Would love some motivational friends!
  • lucyloutoo
    Options
    First time doing the shred with weights rather than soup cans...not it makes a difference...I have no upper body strength.
    Good to be challenged though.

The rest of you doing ok?
  • DLD53
    Options
    Morning Everyone :)

New start to the week - and a new month :)

Lucyloutoo - well done with the weights, I'm sure the upper body strength will come. I am always surprised at how much i can do after the shred than before it! Which level are you doing now?

nomorebingein - Welcome :) How are you getting on with 6w6p? It's not one i've done, but i've heard good things :D

Hope everyone else is doing well and had a good weekend. Not as good as i'd like here, had to take an extra rest day yesterday due to not being able to do anything without coughing every second :( Not quite as bad today so i'm going to try an abridged version of NMTZ (don't think my chest could cope with cardio) after work today. I am measuring monthly and am pleased to be down 1.5% body fat from the beginning of January - thank you Jillian :D

Have a great day everyone :happy:
  • klb0809
    klb0809 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Morning everyone. I took the weekend off and was able to maintain but today begins RI30 week 3 day 1. This is where I usually quit but I am determined to finish this.
  • lobster888
    Options
    I know that I kind of jump in here at the last minute... I am counting down my last week of body revolution. Day 85 complete yeah!! I am going to continue with some type of JM workout so I plan on being here awhile. One thing is I am going to do the BR tapes again. Phase onw 1/2 3/4 for one week phase two 5/6 7/8 the second and phase three 9/10 11/12 for week three. I think it would really be good to do the workouts over and see how for I have come from workout 1!! So I have a plan for all of February!!

Hope everyone is having a happy healthy day!!!
  • DLD53
    Options
    Afternoon everyone :)

lobster888 - welcome :) Wow! Well done on your 85 days of BR - do you have any results you could share? It's always great to have that motivation of success to spur each other on :) Your February schedule sounds great :happy:

klb0809 - Well done for maintaining over the weekend, always harder than it seems to me ;) Hope you enjoyed RI30 - i'm sure you'll get all the way to the end this time. L3 and 4 of the Rip are tough workouts - i'll simply say 'duckwalk' !!

How is everyone else getting on?

Good here, managed 5 of the 7 sets of NMTZ (missed 1& 3 the legs and biceps and stuck to triceps and abs mainly). Felt good but still struggling with the occasional coughing fit! Felt guilty for not completing it all but better than not doing it at all right?!

Happy Jillian-ing everyone :happy:
  • TXRanchGirl
    Options
    looking for suggestions..completed 30 day shred, ripped in 30 and alternate thru Extreme shed n shred..(just dont have alot of time to do the full 60 minutes alot of days).

My focus is on my abs right now..and I know eating is part of it too..but Id like suggestions on what next to move too..Ive been doing level 2 ripped (as I feel it gives me the biggest burn) and Im getting bored..:(

Am debating between 6 week 6 pack or body revolution.
  • Itbeginswithyourself
    Options
    Hey guys, Im on day 6 of level of 30 day shred. I need all the motivation I can get to finish this!
  • sandee516
    sandee516 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm new on the message boards. I could use some motivation! I am a former Weight Watchers leader. So I really try to stick with following a healthy eating plan without giving up a few indulgences now and then. One of the things I love most about WW is it all real food, and nothing is off limits, but like with anything - moderation is key. I also am a HUGE fan of Jillian's workouts. I have quite a few of them. Problem for me is, I've suffered some personal tragedies the past year and a half, and have put on approx. 7-8 lbs of the 25 lbs I know that may not seem like a lot, but I have worked so hard to lose that 25 lbs. I used to be so diligent about getting up at 4:30 in the morning and getting my workout in (6 days working out - 1 day rest), but lately I've lost that motivation, and I am not consistent with my workouts. When I workout I feel so much better, and am so thankful to God for giving me a healthy body TO workout - so what's my problem?? I just need to do it - but I could use some encouragement! Thanks everyone! Sandee
  • cathipa
    cathipa Posts: 2,991 Member
    Options
    Completed day 1 of Level 3 (30DS). WOW its different. Definitely more intense. Excited to finally see the light at the end of the tunnel!!
  • lobster888
    Options
    Hi DLD53, I will be happy to share my results. I have lost about 6 pounds and 1 inch from my waist. I lowered my body fat % (according to my scale - that although may not be accurate I have used it as a base/starting point for the last year) by almost 4% and took me from the healthy range to the fit range. But my best results for me is my jeans fit so much better, even my "skinny" jeans, no more muffin top!
    On the physical side, I am stronger and more tone. 90 days is a long time. I have actually throw in some extra days when I didn't feel I have a workout down. I kept doing it before I moved on. I started on 11/18. If I missed I day I just extended the week into the next. Also in I walk about three days a week during this whole time and in January I started back at the gym two days a week. I take a yoga and a step class. My diet has always been somewhat clean - just an healthy eater but I stepped it up a notch during this time.

My motivation for all this is I am turning the big 50 this month.

Have a happy healthy day!
  • lucyloutoo
    Options
    Day two of level two done...she kicked my *kitten* again. :)
  • klb0809
    klb0809 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    DLD53 Thanks and yes those duck walks are very tough and my legs are killing me this morning but I feel great and that is my motivation to continue.

I want to do NMTZ after this but I am scared I may not last 45 minutes as the 20-30 min of RI30 leaves me whiped out but I will try it. I am trying to work my way up to T25 and then Insanity but we will see how that goes.
  • DJ478
    DJ478 Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    I doubled yesterday did 30 DS twice since I skipped it in Sunday so I'll count it as day 8/9 so today ill be doing 30ds shred day 10 level 1 then moving on to level 2 thinking about alternating level 2/3 for a little bit of muscle confusion not sure yet though we shall see
  • lobster888
    Options
    Good Morning Jillian peeps!!! Workout 86 done - 4 workouts to go!!! I was able to get in a pilates class last night because my walking partner couldn't walk. I usually take yoga on tueday so hoping to get that in or a walk.

Hope everyone is doing good!!