Looking for Support/Motivation for Jillian workouts :)

Options

Replies

• DLD53
    DLD53 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Afternoon Everyone :)

How is everyone doing?

Lobster888 - Thanks so much for sharing your results so far, truly wonderful. I am trying to focus on bodyfat % this time round as i find the scale quite demotivating at times and 4% is awesome. Great commitment to your health goals, and how exciting to have a significant birthday soon. Are you doing anything special?

DJ478 - how did you find doubling Jillian? I've never quite managed that - if i have extra time i tend to veer towards NMTZ or BFBM. Did you do it back to back?

klb0809 - Well done on those duckwalks :D I'm sure you'll be good to start NMTZ after the Rip, but you could always just do as many circuits at you can manage and work up to the full 7. Each one is about 6 minutes so you could do 4 or 5 of the 7 to make the same sort of time as Shred and Rip. The circuits are listed by body part so it is easy to see which areas you want to focus on first :D Hope the legs recover soon ;)

Lucylou - well done on Level 2 :) It's quite the jump from L1 i think!

cathipa - Hoorah for the light at the end of the tunnel :) how was day 2 of L3? How are you measuring your progress?

Sandee - welcome :) Hopefully you will find some great support here - Which workout are you currently using?

itbeginswithy - Welcome - how was day 7 for you?

TXRanchgirl - Welcome :) unfortunately i can't help with 6W6P or Body revolution (although check out lobster888's great results for nearly the full 90 days) as i've not completed them. I find the abs circuits in NMTZ pretty good if that helps. Hope you find something that works :)

AFM, i manage the whole set of NMTZ again today and remembered to use my HRM so my 305 cals is an accurate (as far as can be) burn. Found it tough today - wondering if i should rest my muscles tomorrow? Guess i'll see how i feel. How do you all work out your workout and rest days?

Hope you're all having a great day, happy Jillian-ing :happy:

Di
  • klb0809
    klb0809 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Morning Everyone I hope you all are well. I am on level 3 day 3 of RI30 and boy are my shoulders and legs killing me. The thing I love most about Jillian's workouts is that every level has different exercises that trick the body. I hope you all are kicking butt in your workouts.
  • cathipa
    cathipa Posts: 2,991 Member
    Options
    Day 3 of Level 3 done. Feeling it in my sides and legs. The jump squats are a killer! I should have taken measurements, but I am seeing it on the scale and in my jeans :) Finally back into a size 10, but can't wait to buy a size 8!!!
  • sandee516
    sandee516 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Good Morning! This morning I did RI30. I've done this program before, but I'm doing it again, so I started with Week 1. Watching the Biggest Loser Finale lastnight motivated me too!! I just love her workouts! My scale was down this morning, so hopefully, this past week of me trying to get my mind back in the game, my food right, tracking, and encouragement from all you fine people will help! Have a great day everyone!

Sandee
  • sandee516
    Options
    Is there an easy way to find this message board that I am now writing on? Like is there a way in settings?
  • sandee516
    Options
    NEVERMIND, I just figured it out... under "My Topics" - oh boy, I need another cup of coffee! :smile: :smile:
  • DJ478
    DJ478 Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    Afternoon Everyone :)

DJ478 - how did you find doubling Jillian? I've never quite managed that - if i have extra time i tend to veer towards NMTZ or BFBM. Did you do it back to back?

it was actually good i split it one in the morning one in the afternoon the next day a bit sore but nothing bad

a little update today was day 10 for me rested yesterday here are my first results

117citc.jpg

snyo9f.jpg
  • denisejones123
    denisejones123 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'm 5ft 3 31yr old and weigh 114lb

I have 3 days left on 30ds :) and I did it for 30 days straight.

Starting ri30 on Monday wondering what weigh everyone been using?
    I used 1.5kg on 30ds

How many days a week do you do it 5 or 6 ?

I'm not looking in loosing weigh just body fat, I'm I going the right way?
    New to exercising
  • DJ478
    Options
    Does anyone know where I can find 30ds level 2 its not on YouTube as I thought I start that tmm
  • klb0809
    klb0809 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Morning Ladies I see you guys are kicking butt with these workouts.

DJ478- I can already see a difference you look great keep it up.

DeniseJones12- I mainly use 5lb weight but if I feel it's too much I switch to my 3lb I hope that helps even though we are using two different measuring systems lol. I also workout 5 days a week since my weekend are pretty full unless I go for a walk on Sunday.

Sandee516- My nickname is Sandy and my birthday is 5-16 hmm. Also make sure you have another cup of coffee for me.

As for me I didn't get to workout yesterday I was sooo tired Idk why I've been so tired lately but I will definitely will get it in today. I joined the Biggest Loser Club at my church and I want to win that prize so I have to get my butt in gear. You ladies have an awesome day
  • ossentia
    ossentia Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Hi All! Just found this post today, and I'd love to join you. My stats: CW 176. GW 120. I'm 5'2". I have a long way to go, but for the first time in my adult life I really am motivated, and I don't mind if it takes some time to get there. I started the weight loss journey in October, after eating and drinking whatever I felt like, having two kids in the last five years and having the body to prove it :( Since starting, I have lost a few pounds and quite a few inches so there is hope.

I have slowly been working exercise into the mix. I am soooo out of shape, and JM makes me really feel it. I started Body Revolution about two months ago, quit for a month after the unexpected death of a great friend left me unmotivated and have started back up as of early last week. I am sore all the time. I find it difficult to wake up every morning at 5:30 because, hello!, it's 5:30, but I keep doing it. I find that I have to go through a check list in my head just to get out of bed in the morning. Reasons to stay in bed. . . more sleep. Reasons to go exercise. . . better health, better body, eat more food for the day, more energy, etc. I don't enjoy the workouts yet, and I think that is part of my problem, but I am determined to keep this going. I really appreciate one poster's suggestion to make exercise mandatory rather than optional. I'm going to add that to my morning argument with myself. Thanks!

As to the workouts themselves, wow they're tough for me! I have had to stick with the first two week's worth of DVDs for now, but I finally feel strong enough to move on to week's three and four next week. We'll see how long it takes me to get a handle those suckers.

Anyway, glad to find some support. I look forward to getting to know all of you.
  • DLD53
    Options
    Hi Everyone :smile:

klb0809 - did you manage to workout today, don't beat yourself up if you don't manage a day - i think our bodies are pretty good at telling us when they need a break! How great that your church is doing a Biggest Loser challenge...good luck with that :D

DJ748 - those are great results so far, i can totally see a difference in just 10 days, thanks for sharing :D really not sure where to suggest you find L2 of the shred - I honestly thought all three levels were on youtube. Maybe Netflix or similar? Good luck with the next level :D

denisejones - great work with the Shred :D I always really enjoy the beginning of the rip after L3 of the shred! I'm like klb0809 and use both 3lb and 5lb weights depending on the exercise and my strength. I try to do 6 days of something a week, but if i need an extra rest day i take it. i too am concentrating on BF% this time round - good job since i weighed today and have barely moved one single pound! I am down 1.5% from beginning of January just doing Jillian 5-6 days per week and logging food.

Sandee - Great that you've found out how to get here easily - I gave up caffeine years ago but still find myself reaching for my coffee because i *need* it - LOL! What did you think of the Biggest Loser finale? We don't get it over here (UK) but i've read a number of things online today about Jillian being shocked at the dramatic weight loss of the winner!

cathipa - great job with the jump squats - my most hated exercise that Jillian does, well that and the burpees....and the duckwalks...and the.....LOL! It's a good job she gets results :D You'll be buying size 8 before you know it :D

Hope everyone else is having a great Thursday :D

Well, i bit the bullet today and managed a slightly shortened BFBM! I definitely find the cardio harder than the strength, so compromised and did 5 of the 7 workouts (leaving out 2&4) That was absolutely enough and at 41 mins still a good 10 longer than the shred so i'm happy with that. Most days i don't have the time to do more than shred/rip so i'm trying to push myself with BFBM and NMTZ when i can. A good burn too as i used my HRM to measure and burned nearly 300 cals in the 41 mins. Do you guys eat back your exercise cals or not? I do a mixture and if i have extra and feel hungry i do, but if i'm not hungry i don't bother. I always tend to eat more at the weekend so i find it is good to have a bit of a reserve to dip into :D

My rest day tomorrow and i'm off shopping - going to focus on trying on lots of nice clothes as opposed to sitting in cafes eating muffins and cake! Wish me luck :laugh:

Di :happy:
  • sandee516
    Options
    Hi DeniseJones - I am doing RI30 - which I've done before. I've also done P90X. The heaviest weight I've used for RI30 and P90X is 10 lb weights. I also do Taebo and Jillian's Yoga Meltdown. I like to keep a variety of workouts in my rotation. Don't you love Jillian's workouts?
  • lobster888
    lobster888 Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    Happy Thursday Jillian peeps!!! I have completed day 88 of 90 for JMBR!! So close!!

Stay motivated and have a great day!!!
  • sandee516
    Options
    Wow - that's great for you! Day 88! Keep up the great work!! Have a great day!
  • Zomb1eMummy
    Zomb1eMummy Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I do a mash up of No More Trouble Zones, Banish Fat Boost Metabolism, Yoga Meltdown, 30 Day Shred and Ripped in 30. I basically just do whichever one I feel like that day, sometimes I do 2 or just 1. I really like No More Trouble Zones so that is usually my go to DVD. Since I started doing No More Trouble Zones, I lost 5 pounds the first week and 3 pounds the second week. Plus I feel more flexible and stronger. :)

Feel free to add me if you would like some support. :)
  • sandee516
    Options
    Hi Di - I did watch the BL finale. I thought all of the contestants and finalists did an amazing job, but I was a little taken when I saw Rachel (the winner). She lost an astonishing 155 lbs! I can't judge her. I don't really know the personal journeys all these people are on. AND I don't know the regimens that the contestants are on. Let's face it, they show the viewing audience just a portion of what they are really doing as far as working out, being educated about nutrition, counseling and learning how to prepare healthy meals. I give Rachel alot of credit for setting and reaching her ultimate goal, which was to get her life back. At the end of the day, this is a competition. She set out to win, and win she did! As for me, I did my RI30 workout this morning, and am right on track with my eating today, so I too, feel like a winner! LOL! Have a great day!
  • denisejones123
    denisejones123 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hiyas :)
    I'm loving 30ds and the result :)
    Can't wait to start ripped I have been thinking maybe ripped Monday to Friday and killer buns on Saturday and Sunday day of rest

Can you do to much exercising?

Sandee... I'm a newbie to exercising, tried other DVD but only last few days but 30ds has been fab 30Min a day for 30 days and I'm happy with the result it's gonna make me keep going :) I do like the look of insanity but not the price tag if I loose interest :/
  • DJ478
    Options
    Hiyas :)
    I'm loving 30ds and the result :)
    Can't wait to start ripped I have been thinking maybe ripped Monday to Friday and killer buns on Saturday and Sunday day of rest

Can you do to much exercising?

Sandee... I'm a newbie to exercising, tried other DVD but only last few days but 30ds has been fab 30Min a day for 30 days and I'm happy with the result it's gonna make me keep going :) I do like the look of insanity but not the price tag if I loose interest :/

Insanity is pretty cool too but def high in price my husband was feeling generous when he got it for me lol sucks I went to look for 30ds at my local target and walmart and they are out smh guess I'll do rip in 30 today and try my local library
  • DLD53
    Options
    Morning Ladies :)

Just checking in to say hi :happy:

DJ748 - sorry you can't find the 30ds, hope you enjoy the rip and fingers crossed your library will have a copy :D

denisejones - great that you are enjoying the shred - the results are pretty awesome right?! Personally I think you learn your own exercise limits, if you are enjoying it and not suffering then i say go for as much as you like. My body usually lets me know when i've overdone it!

Sandee - I thought much the same as you...the photos i saw I definitely thought she looked like she'd gone a bit too far...BUT like you said we have no idea what kind of personal journey people travel. I hope she's getting support regarding all the media attention, and most of all that she's healthy and happy :) Well done you for getting back on track with your food and fabulous that you enjoyed RI30 :D Love feeling like a winner :D

zomb1eMummy - Those are great results from NMTZ, well done :) It is great when you feel stronger and fitter :)

lobster888 - Day 88 is amazing :) Brilliant commitment and i'm sure even more fabulous results - i'm sure it will be amazing to see how far you've come when you start again :D

Well...I am aching today - at first i thought it was BFBM that i did yesterday but then i realised i had done all of NMTZ the day before so that seem the more likely culprit - first time since beginning of January that i have ached though so i guess i put more into it? i'm taking it as a good sign :D No Jillian for me today, but right back to it with NMTZ tomorrow :)

TGIF - have a great day everyone :D

Di :happy: