Looking for Support/Motivation for Jillian workouts :)

Options

Replies

• lucyloutoo
    lucyloutoo Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    My nmtz arrived in post yesterday...so going to give that a try tomorrow ...did the shred yesterday and having rest day today..... Never sure they're worth it...I feel out of sync all day.
    Keep up good work everyone .

Re shred on YouTube..they pulled level three ages ago,but level 2 more recently (in UK) I'm guessing they leave one up so people try it then buy dvd .
  • lobster888
    lobster888 Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Everyone!!! Day 89 complete!!! Those new cross trainer shoes are a day away!!! I also managed a step class last night. Feeling strong!!!

Everyone is doing really good.. like all the updates!!

Have a happy healthy day!!!
  • ChoiceNotChance
    ChoiceNotChance Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    I did RI 30 Week 2 day 4 this morning. (sort of). Woke up with a head ache and wasn't really feeling it but went ahead and did it anyway. Some things I just couldn't do but was determined to not stop before the end.
    I'm 54 yrs old
    Ht. 5'1"
    SW 190
    CW 135
    GW 125... So close, yet so far.

I hope it gets easier.
  • DJ478
    DJ478 Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    I actually got a copy I'm on day 3 of level 2
  • stef102093
    stef102093 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    tomorrow is my last day of level three of RI30. REady to start level 4 to complete it :) Next I'm gonna do her new yoga inferno dvd
  • DLD53
    DLD53 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Morning Everyone :)

How was the weekend? Good here albeit wet and a bit cold! Managed to get both workouts in on Sat and Sun - full NMTZ on Saturday then 30DSL2 yesterday. This week i'm aiming to finish L2 of the shred by Thurs but i'm also going to add the tricep circuit of NMTZ to the end - got to work off those flabby upper arms!

Lobster - how was the end of body revolution - are the shoes awesome? :D

DJ - I'm glad you managed to find a copy :D

Lucylou - Agree about the rest days...i feel that i definitely should have at least one, but feel all out of whack because of it!

Hope everyone is doing well, great to see so many of us still so motivated to continue - it is really helpful :happy:

Have a great Monday everyone, Di :)
  • klb0809
    klb0809 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    GM all I hope your weekend was awesome. I am glad to see sooo many of us sticking to our execise regiment, that is an accomplishment also. I love the support on this thread

As for me today begins the final level of RI30. I am excited because I've never made it this far and I am going to finish this. Since I hear you all speaking highly of NMTZ I am going to give that a try starting next week.

Happy Jillian you guys.
  • lobster888
    Options
    Happy Monday!!! Finished up day 90 of JMBR on Saturday, along with 1 1/2 walk!!! Took sunday off and started phase 1 workout 1 this morning. I did all of the advance moves and threw in a few of my own and got a great workout.

DLD53 - I love my new shoes- BCG's from acedemy. I couldn't find the NIKE's I wanted. These were so comfortable - a trainer shoe. Bright and colorful just what I wanted. - See new profile pic!!! Really liked body revolution, feeling stronger and fit. While I am doing the phases over again i will thrw in soem other workouts to keep it interesting. In March I will start ripped in 30!!!

Have a happy healthy day!!!
  • lucyloutoo
    Options
    Lobster888,I love your shoes!!!!

I was a bit rubbish over weekend and didn't find time for nmtz, and so today just did level three of the shred..I need to get a routine going, but since I like to workout before work, am finding the idea of an hour's workout slightly daunting.

So well stick with shred for rest of this week I think and try work something out.
  • DJ478
    DJ478 Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    Thanks dld

So today will be day5 of level 2 for me ima go to level 3 day 1 tmm and after 5 days go back to level 2 and so on I added ri30 yesterday might stick with it and start it along with shred since I'm halfway done with it and ri30 was my next workout for next month
  • sandee516
    sandee516 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Does anyone know how many calories are burned doing the RI30 Weeks 1 and 2. I've been entering in 192 calories because I am using "Circuit Training" option in the tracker, but I think I may be burning more than that (I hope). I use 5 and 10 lb weights. Anyone have an idea?
  • klb0809
    Options
    I use the circuit training as well but I burn more than that because I probably weigh more.
  • DLD53
    Options
    Evening All :)

Lobster - well done you for finishing up your JMBR - that is such a fantastic achievement :D Love the shoes and how lovely to really have earned them :D

Sandee - I always find the circuit training option on here states i've burned more than my HRM state - however i do use 3lb and 5lb weights so less than you. Sorry not to be more help!

Lucylou - hope L3 is going well and you are into a routine - I do find the hour DVDs quite daunting sometimes, but the Shred is pretty much over before i've had too much time to think about it! I'm currently trying Shred + one circuit of NMTZ which is working quite well, takes about 35 mins total :D

DJ748 - sounds like a good way to mix it up :)

Good again here - completed my day 8 of L2 shred and added the extra circuit from NMTZ. I'm alternating between triceps and abs at the moment but thought the burn would be mostly the same so didn't bother wearing the HRM again! Got a little more time tomorrow so might attempt all of NMTZ but will see how energetic i'm feeling!

Hope you are all having a great day :happy:
  • wildbutterfly777
    wildbutterfly777 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Can I enter this thread? :)
    I started Jillian's Ripped in 30 on 01/20/2014 along with Elliptical training and I successfully completed the first two weeks before hitting a wall. I only lost 2 pounds but I lost 12 inches in those 2 weeks. I think hormones were the cause of me falling back into bad habits and I am trying to get back on the wagon. This thread looks like it would be great motivation and support.
  • sandee516
    sandee516 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Hi Wildbutterfly - the scale is only PART of your success! We can't be slave to it! GREAT JOB on all those inches lost!!! Not to mention all the healthy habits you are making in the progress! Keep up the great work! I used to tell my WW members all the time, if you have a slip up at one meal, just do better the next time you are faced with a food decision! One day at a time, one meal at a time!
  • klb0809
    Options
    Morning everyone. I hope I can make it throug this last week of RI30 it is the toughest one. My shoulders and legs are soooo sore but she does give you an awesome pep talk at the end.

Well I am off to prepare for this snow storm coming later today. Happy Jillianing everyone.
  • lucyloutoo
    Options
    Wow everyone is doing so well!!!

Id not thought to break the nmtz down to segments.
    Might try do the whole thing first,but have people staying so won't be for a while.

Finding level three of shred easier than 2,but legs aching a bit!
  • lobster888
    Options
    Good morning, I did the killer buns and thighs for alternative to cardio 1 for my review of phase 1 again. Felt pretty good. I am doing workout 3 tomorrow but I have a couple's workout tomorrow night with my best friend - she needed a partner for her class and I am the guinea pig. I am going to be in big trouble!!! She will work me very hard - Jillian Michaels' clone!!! But it will be fun!!!

Hope everyone has a happy healthy day!!!
  • TXRanchGirl
    Options
    I have found a new love for Extreme Shed n Shred..the first few times I did it..it was OK..but I went back to RI30 level 2..then got bored..now doing my Level 1 ESNS again and loving it..I squeeze in the full 60 on weekends.

On a sidenote..I workout barefoot..does anyone else?? Am I weird? is this wrong?
  • DLD53
    Options
    Hi Everyone :)

Wildbutterfly - welcome to the group, lots of motivation to be found here :happy:

TXRanchGirl - So nice to find things you enjoy with exercise - makes it so much easier! I prefer to workout in shoes - particularly with Jillian as some of the moves are quite quick i find my feet need the support! But you should do whatever works for you - not weird i don't think :smile:

Lobster888 - Great work with your phase one again and the couple's workout sounds great fun - hope you enjoy it :smile:

Lucylou - I moved onto L3 of the shred today and definitely found it quicker than L2 ! About the same in terms of difficulty for me i think - although i've never managed two whole sets of jumping lunges!

klb0809 - Sorry to hear about your snowstorm! Hope things don't get too bad for you. We are fighting the floods at the moment! Thankfully not quite reached us yet, but not far away! Great work with the Rip - L4 is tough going! So worth it though :happy:

Hope everyone else is doing well :happy:

Good here...moved on to L3 of the Shred and managed the tricep and core circuits of NMTZ for a 45 min workout which was pretty good. Think i'll try to stick to that Thurs/Fri and then use the extra time i have at the weekend to try and complete all of NMTZ again. I keep thinking i ought to do BFBM but i just prefer NMTZ!

Wishing you all a happy, healthy day :happy: