Looking for Support/Motivation for Jillian workouts :)

Options

Replies

• cbraun133
    cbraun133 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I recently finished the 30 DS and now am on to RI30. When I'm feeling motivated, I do her Kickbox Cardio video as well. Its 25 mins long and a great way to get a cardio workout in a few days per week. I also want to recommend the NMTZ on youtube as well. If you are feeling up for the challenge.
  • DLD53
    DLD53 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Morning Everyone :smile: Monday again!

cbraun - welcome :) great that you enjoy Jillian workouts too - I am in the UK and unfortunately we can't get Region 2 cardio kickbox :( I really like the kickboxing aspects of cardio so i'd love it but sadly not. There is a kickbox workout that's 25 mins on youtube which i might try :)

fe_nyx - glad you popped back in :smile: great job on finishing 30DS - 38cm loss is awesome :happy: Good job with RI30, hope it yields you the same level of result :happy:

jmht345 - to be honest BFBM is my least favourite of JIllian's workouts. I too miss the weights aspect and the only bit i really enjoy are the kickboxing sets. But like you said the calorie burn is pretty good, so i do try to throw it in every so often :) Sounds like you've got a great rotation for this month :D

Good here, took a rest day yesterday and just did some family walking on the beach. Straight back to it this morning with RI30 L1, but this time i did the whole workout advanced with 5lb weights. Found the chair pose with flys hardest - by the end of the second set i could hardly lift my arms past my waist! Think i'm going to stick with this for a few days and try to get the better of those flys!

Hope you all had a great weekend :happy: Di
  • denisejones123
    denisejones123 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Just a update...
    It's my 1st day of week 3, I've had a peep and it looks tough!
    I'm going away this week and I'm taking DVD, weight and my trainers....
    I'm dedicated to complete the DVD because I love the changes with my
    body and how I feel got so much energy and always happy :)

I'm going to buy HBM this week so I know how much I burn,
    Advice on what one to get?? (I'm in the uk)
  • kezwbatay
    kezwbatay Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Hi...I'm new on here and have just done Day3 Level 1 of 30 Day shred...hope I can stay as motivated as everybody else :) it really helps logging on everyday I find
  • jmht345
    jmht345 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Di - glad to know it wasn't just me that was not loving BFBM!

denisejones - I have a Polar HRM with the chest strap, and I love it! I ordered mine on Amazon.
  • klb0809
    klb0809 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Morning my fellow Jillianers it is good to see us pushing through her workouts.

kezwbatay- Welcome the support here is soooo awesome.

denisejones12- Your commitment is great especially since you are planning to continue on your vacation.

DLD53- WOW the advanced level with 5lb weights you are so my hero. One day I am going to be like you.

cbraun133- congrats on finishing 30day shred.

I have started 30day shred and while it is still an intense workout I do feel it's slightly easier than RI30 so I've started walking on my lunch break to burn more calories.

Well everyone happy Jillianing.
  • Speakaboo
    Speakaboo Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    New to myfitness pal, and started 30DS 14 days ago and haven't lost a darn pound! What's up with that? I just started tracking food this week and it's very revealing. But I'm still staying within my caloric allowance for the day (or just under it), so what gives? I guess I'll give the food tracking some more time, and finish out the month with 30DS. Even if I don't lose any weight/inches (inches also have not budged), at least I'm getting stronger? I think?

Feeling very discouraged today. I threw on my "fat pants" this morning to make myself feel better, and they're snug! I feel like exercise/diet changes are doing nothing.

I changed my diet back in early January. Eliminated ALL fast food/soda/etc. Eat mostly healthy at home, as much as possible (I have a family to feed so it's not always easy to avoid their favorites, like pasta...though I've shrunk my own portion sizes). I'm just surprised that I've had so little progress? The 3lb loss in my ticker was due to guesstimating my weight before actually getting a scale. I haven't actually lost a single pound in 2 months. =/ I feel like I'm doing everything right? I must not be, though. 30DS every single day. I throw in time on the elliptical when I can fit it in. Yoga for stretching. Gah... I just don't know why I'm failing so hard.
  • sandee516
    sandee516 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Everyone!

Speakaboo - DO NOT GIVE UP! ... it will show up! I used to see this a lot with my WW members. Sometimes we underestimate the calories we are taking in and overestimate the exercise effort, but it sounds to me like you are doing all the right things. My scale isn't moving much either, BUT I am feeling sooo much better. I am on the 1st day of Level 4 of Jillian's Ripped in 30! I love it. I know things are repositioning, and I am feeling so much more stronger, more rested at night - just overall good! Eventually the scale will catch up with all of your hard work!!! Persevere!! If you weren't putting in all the effort, the scale might be going the other way, and you don't want that. Think of all the non-scale victories you are achieving - most likely inches lost, and better health numbers (cholesterol, blood pressure, etc). Keep up all the great work you are doing!
  • DLD53
    Options
    Good Morning Ladies :D

Speakaboo - I second Sandee - don't give up :smile: Personally i find the scale the most demotivating thing of all! If you are doing all the right things (eating healthy, exercising and watching portion size) the weight WILL come off. And while it is not you are getting healthier and stronger every day. I know how frustrating it can be, but there is some great support on here :) One day at a time :happy:

klb0809 - You write very kind words, thank you...I am eternally in awe of all the people (including your fine self) who are just doing their very best every day to get healthy and fit. I am finding strength in myself i didn't know i had because of all the great support :happy: Great that you've move on to 30DS - isn't it funny how we are all different, i find 30DS harder than RI30! Great job on burning extra calories with your walking though, that's dedication right there :D

kezwbatay - welcome to the group :D Congrats on getting to day3 of the shred, no mean feat as that is widely reported to be the point where the legs and arms refuse to perform simple daily tasks ;) Great support on here so do please keep logging on and tell us how you are doing :D

denisejones - awesome dedication taking your DVD to your holiday :smile: I've also got a Polar with chest strap, an FT7 and mine also came from Amazon. Works just fine for me :D

Good start to the day here...managed RI30 L1 again with the advanced moves and 5lb weights, although i did find the chair pose flys harder than yesterday! I think my arms wanted to rebel! Pushed through and hopefully it will get easier. In other news I flexed my biceps in the mirror yesterday and can see an actual bump! Thank you Jillian!

Hope you are all doing well and have a great Tuesday everyone :happy: Di
  • TXRanchGirl
    Options
    Morning! we are back from the sheep show..took Sat and sunday off of the JM bandwagon..since had NO place to do it..but did plenty of walking back and forth between our RV and the barn! Did not sleep super well..due to some stuff..so woke up sunday am with a headache. I let go just abit that day and had a lamb gyro and some curly fries..had fajitas saturday night..outback friday night (the seared ahi and a cup of chicken tortilla soup!)

Felt really good to get back with it monday AM..getting back to my normal eating and exercise sure feels good. Im staying away from the scale for abit..Im sure my sodium is HIGH!
  • ditzie2009
    ditzie2009 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Just found this thread and sneaking on to join the **turning 40 this year** group -eeek! Not looking forward to that. My goal is to be at my target 12 week tomorrow (that's the dreaded day) and I have a 1/2 marathon this Sunday then once I've recovered from that (hopefully not too long) I'll be back to Jillian!

I loved her 30DS and did one session of 6p6w and couldn't roll over in bed the following night lol! So I know it works!

Loved reading all your motivating posts!!! xx
  • fe_nyx
    fe_nyx Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Urgh! I think I pulled a butt muscle this morning, or did something to my hip during my work out. Its twinging a little today :( Those darn side lunge/leg raise thingies in RI30 week 2, grr. Tomorrow might be my rest day instead of the day after, just to give it some time to sort itself out. I'm looking forward to moving on to week 3 (I think...). And I'm already thinking ahead to what my next workouts will be. Might do a couple of different ones to mix it up a little. What workouts compliment each other in your opinions?
  • Speakaboo
    Speakaboo Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the pep talk. =) I refuse to give up! I don't see any changes weight wise or inch wise, but the stamina changes alone are worth it. I can get further and further each day with the exercises without taking a pause every few reps. On level 2, there's a "military style" leg raise thing she does that was IMPOSSIBLE for me to do two days ago. Like completely insanely impossible. Now I can do it all the way through without pausing OR falling over at all. ;) So I'm seeing changes. Just not the changes I was hoping for!

Had a setback today with food. Catered conference killed my calorie intake. But I'll be back at it tomorrow!
  • DLD53
    Options
    Morning All :happy:

Speakaboo - glad you are feeling positive... gaining strength and stamina is fabulous on its own and i'm sure the weight and inch loss will come :D Great that you are getting so much more from your workout as you get stronger :happy:

fe_nyx - sorry to hear about your twinge - hopefully a day of rest will sort it out and you can get back to it when you feel able :) Personally i find most of the Jillian workouts complement each other - BFBM and MNTZ are supposed to go together i think, but i always feel guilty if i can't finish them and an hour is just too long for me on a regular workout day. I like mixing up 30DS and RI30 as they both have the same 3-2-1 system but generally i think the best workouts are the ones you enjoy and don't mind going back to!

ditzie2009 - welcome :happy: sounds like you have a great plan for your birthday target :) Mine is just over 15 weeks, but i'm really looking forward to it as hopefully i'll be bathed in Californian sunshine ;) Good luck with your half marathon, such an amazing achievement - I really don't get on with running! Which Jillian do you think you'll go back to when you do?

TxRanchgirl - good to have you back, glad you enjoyed the sheep show :) Know what you mean about avoiding the scale when you think sodium is high - i'm sure you'll be back to normal soon :)

Hope everyone else is doing well :smile:

Not so great here, had to forgo the morning workout today as i've had almost no sleep :( I'm never sure in these situations whether it's better to bite the bullet and workout anyway or whether it does more harm than good to force yourself to workout when exhausted...any thoughts? I am hoping i'll have a miraculous second wind later and be able to do an evening one! Fingers crossed.

Have a great Wednesday everyone, Di :happy:
  • klb0809
    klb0809 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Morning everyone I hope you all are doing well. I am on Level 1 Day 4 of 30shred and I am already thinking about my next workout. I was thinking of T25 but I love Jillian so I am going to order Body Revolution. Have any of you completed that and what were your results?

ditzie2009 Welcome

DLD53 I fully understand being tired I felt that way yesterday but I pushed through and had a burst of energy afterwards but sometimes it's good to listen to your body.

Happy Jillianing everyone
  • TXRanchGirl
    Options
    I to can sympathize with the tired-ness..

its funny..I think of it like hunger..sometimes if you ignore it..its truly not tiredness..as sometimes hunger is thirst or boredom..if I push thru the tiredness..Im ususally good.

the burpees with lateral jumps KILL me..but at least I get them over with first circuit.

I would REALLY like to focus on my rear this year..I have pancake *kitten*..and I HATE it..its gotten alittle better working out more..but Id like a rounder, firmer booty. I REALLY put alot of umph into the squats and lunges due to this...
  • lucyloutoo
    lucyloutoo Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    When I finally get round to nmtz how should I log it?
  • rwieber
    rwieber Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Hi! Day 7 Level 2 of 30 DS! Wahoo.....getting close to Level 3.....can't believe I'm doing it! Feeling great, weight isn't flying off but I do definitely feel stronger and pants feel looser :-) I will measure at the end....

Here's what I'm thinking at 5am every morning when the alarm goes off....JUST DO IT! (ok, most week day mornings).....determined to wear a bikini this summer and not the yucky one piece mom bathing suit I have been wearing for a few years now!!! Happy Hump Day!!
  • scyian
    scyian Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    I just found this thread. I'm level 2 of ripped in 30 and I am loving it. Although the plank stuff is making me really feel it in my shoulders. It's crazy as the one great thing with my body is I have badass swimmer shoulders, but that are being kicked in this workout. Think I've lost about 4lbs so far. I've lost my tape measure so I'm doing photos each week.
  • caroldavison332
    caroldavison332 Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    I'm sending Tater right over. See my last post.