Welcome to Fun and Games! Many of the discussions in this category are games based on responding to the most recent comment. Please take a moment to refresh the page and make sure you are replying to the most recent comment to keep the game going!

The official nightshift thread....

Options

Replies

• Call_Me_BIGDADDY
    Call_Me_BIGDADDY Posts: 2,016 Member
    Options
    I am super tired for this shift. I had to see my mom off to Dallas this afternoon. BAH! At least I got my workout in. It hurt, but in the best way. :sunglasses:

Hmmm... (perv thought at that last line lol)
  • sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,236 Member
    Options
    Well, hang in there and let's see what we can do to keep you awake. No more large animal crap on the pants though.
  • BodyByBex
    BodyByBex Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    @sufferlandrian I STILL can't believe that crap! It was a BIG pile. almost knee deep! Oh well. I got the laundry done so that's a nice bonus too. When I get home, I'm probably going to fix myself a light meal and pass out.
  • LacednLace
    LacednLace Posts: 480 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Checking in. 5hrs down. 7 to go. I'm still rocking first place status on our 911 lines right now! :drinker: (And thats my way of saying cheers, of course I cant celebrate with drinks at work) Tested my cardio after shift. This morning when I got off.....was surprised at how successful it was. 60min of very light jogging (im seriously out of shape so its whats im capable of.) 5.5 laps was the jog and 1.5 laps were walking. Im pretty proud of that. My second small session of cardio before work wasn't nearly as successful. :neutral: Then again I only got 4hrs of sleep. :disappointed: Ah well. Looks like workouts after work trial run for a bit. How's everyone's night going?
  • LacednLace
    Options
    I don't know who invented muzzles but I could kiss them. It was probably a left over from the Spanish Inquisition but whatever. I'll kiss them anyway. :smile: I have a dog that I can't get within three feet and it tries to bite me and now it is vomiting with a painful abdomen. Had the owners slip a muzzle on and bingo. Something is stuck in the intestines. Now for some sedation and then radiographs to see if we can fix it.

Glad there was a muzzle to keep them from biting you. Hope the pup turns out alright.
  • burning2much
    burning2much Posts: 4,846 Member
    Options
    I'm drunk, who wants to take advantage of me?
  • cindytw
    cindytw Posts: 1,027 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I don't know who invented muzzles but I could kiss them. It was probably a left over from the Spanish Inquisition but whatever. I'll kiss them anyway. :smile: I have a dog that I can't get within three feet and it tries to bite me and now it is vomiting with a painful abdomen. Had the owners slip a muzzle on and bingo. Something is stuck in the intestines. Now for some sedation and then radiographs to see if we can fix it.

I had a lab/dalmatian mix that was great with anybody until he got his nails cut at the vets office and got cut, and then he had all his neighbor dog friends move away. After that he hated anybody new, and god help you if you got near ME! He would hurt anyone who got next to his Mommy! Women were sometimes OK, men, you would be taken out! I have no idea where all that came from, he was a rescue and they lied on all his papers. It was exhausting to deal with that! The muzzle was a godsend for all involved! He was a fear aggressor so the muzzle kept us all safe!
  • cindytw
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I'm drunk, who wants to take advantage of me?
    Well, ya know I would but that whole married thing and all...:)
  • slider728
    slider728 Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options
    One of those nights where not a thing seems to be going right at work. I think I'm going to save some calories to have a nice, big rum and coke after work.....
  • cindytw
    Options
    @slider728 hope it gets better!
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Managed not to get bitten. Must have done something right for Karma to smile on me.
  • cindytw
    Options
    @sufferlandrian great news! How is the dog?
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    @slider728 - I've had those nights. Hope it goes by fast so you can do a reset for tomorrow.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    @cindytw - Sorry Cindy, the dog is dead. Had cancer in the abdomen and it had spread through the body and into the lungs. At least it's not suffering or painful. I feel bad for the owners. That's a sucky way to end your weekend.
  • LacednLace
    Options
    slider728 wrote: »
    One of those nights where not a thing seems to be going right at work. I think I'm going to save some calories to have a nice, big rum and coke after work.....

Share....... or at least an extra for me!
  • LacednLace
    Options
    @cindytw - Sorry Cindy, the dog is dead. Had cancer in the abdomen and it had spread through the body and into the lungs. At least it's not suffering or painful. I feel bad for the owners. That's a sucky way to end your weekend.

Found out one of my callers passed. And now your dog passed. (Patient....however you phrase it)......Tonight doesn't seem too lovely any more. :confused:
  • cindytw
    edited April 2015
    Options

Oh, I am sorry for the owners! But at least it was swift and not sufferring as you said! As much as I will cry my eyes out for an animal, it will never stop me from doing the right thing and letting them go! My problems with it mean nothing...I can deal with those on my own later.

• cindytw
    Options
    LacednLace wrote: »
    Checking in. 5hrs down. 7 to go. I'm still rocking first place status on our 911 lines right now! :drinker: (And thats my way of saying cheers, of course I cant celebrate with drinks at work) Tested my cardio after shift. This morning when I got off.....was surprised at how successful it was. 60min of very light jogging (im seriously out of shape so its whats im capable of.) 5.5 laps was the jog and 1.5 laps were walking. Im pretty proud of that. My second small session of cardio before work wasn't nearly as successful. :neutral: Then again I only got 4hrs of sleep. :disappointed: Ah well. Looks like workouts after work trial run for a bit. How's everyone's night going?

I am never as good running after work as before. Being a night owl I usually can't get going early...but that is what I suggest on paper! To go before work.
  • bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options

That super sucks. My mom had a German Shepard who started having blood in her urine. Ended up being advanced bladder cancer. I'm glad that dog didn't suffer too much.

In other news, thank goodness for sugar free Red Bull.
  • LacednLace
    Options

That super sucks. My mom had a German Shepard who started having blood in her urine. Ended up being advanced bladder cancer. I'm glad that dog didn't suffer too much.

In other news, thank goodness for sugar free Red Bull.

Low carb monster over here so I will def cheers to that. :drinker: