Welcome to Fun and Games! Many of the discussions in this category are games based on responding to the most recent comment. Please take a moment to refresh the page and make sure you are replying to the most recent comment to keep the game going!

The official nightshift thread....

Options

Replies

• slider728
    slider728 Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options
    cindytw wrote: »
    As much as I will cry my eyes out for an animal, it will never stop me from doing the right thing and letting them go!

+1 to that.

Sorry to hear about the dog dying sufferlandrian. That is a lot rougher than my issues

• cindytw
    cindytw Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    @LacednLace and @bethanie0825 I am up all on my own, which is why I am still here even though I am not technically on nights anymore!
  • BodyByBex
    BodyByBex Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    I think we all agree, cancer blows.

The thing about animals is they try so hard to hide their pains so as not to seem weak. Humans can be the opposite, they show pain/weakness to take advantage of the caring hearts of others.

Working at MD Anderson all we seem to talk about is cancer.

Although we are experimenting with a drug to help rebuild insulin producing cells. So far, it is looking pretty successful! :drinker:
  • LacednLace
    LacednLace Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    cindytw wrote: »
    LacednLace wrote: »
    Checking in. 5hrs down. 7 to go. I'm still rocking first place status on our 911 lines right now! :drinker: (And thats my way of saying cheers, of course I cant celebrate with drinks at work) Tested my cardio after shift. This morning when I got off.....was surprised at how successful it was. 60min of very light jogging (im seriously out of shape so its whats im capable of.) 5.5 laps was the jog and 1.5 laps were walking. Im pretty proud of that. My second small session of cardio before work wasn't nearly as successful. :neutral: Then again I only got 4hrs of sleep. :disappointed: Ah well. Looks like workouts after work trial run for a bit. How's everyone's night going?

I am never as good running after work as before. Being a night owl I usually can't get going early...but that is what I suggest on paper! To go before work.

I think I will do better going after. The endorphin's will keep me up a little longer but I noticed I was more focused, I had slightly better energy since I didnt feel groggy like I do when I wakeup, and it helps me process my shift and the bad/good of every call so I dont go to bed with nearly as many emotions. Im gonna continue to test this though.
  • slider728
    slider728 Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options
    Share....... or at least an extra for me!

I might have enough calories for 2!

I'd hate to be hungover driving the kids to school in the AM though.....difficult decisions :)

• cindytw
    Options

The thing about animals is they try so hard to hide their pains so as not to seem weak. Humans can be the opposite, they show pain/weakness to take advantage of the caring hearts of others.

Although we are experimenting with a drug to help rebuild insulin producing cells. So far, it is looking pretty successful! :drinker:

it depends, but yes. Animals are very stoic usually. People can be as well, or they can be attention seekers. Depends on the case.
  • bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    I have that problem too. I'm groggy when I wake up and too tired after my drive home in the morning. I usually don't workout on my work days and that def needs to change.
  • LacednLace
    Options

That's awesome to it looking successful so far!!! And you're right, did you know studies show that a K9 will leave the owner when they know its their time to pass? I learned that when I was in middle school I think. And I've seen it so many times in action that it breaks my heart.
  • LacednLace
    Options
    slider728 wrote: »
    Share....... or at least an extra for me!

I might have enough calories for 2!

I'd hate to be hungover driving the kids to school in the AM though.....difficult decisions :)

Drive them to school then go have your drinks somewhere safe. Sleep off the effects and whala, you're good to go. :wink:
  • cindytw
    Options

That's awesome to it looking successful so far!!! And you're right, did you know studies show that a K9 will leave the owner when they know its their time to pass? I learned that when I was in middle school I think. And I've seen it so many times in action that it breaks my heart.

OH I have never seen this! I have seen dogs unwilling to accept their Mommy or Daddy is gone. Staying with the body or the house.
  • BodyByBex
    Options
    I have seen it go both ways.

I have also seen one of my ferrets just lay down next to a dead member of the business. Like he just wanted to give up on life and go too. When I tried to move him he started screaming. It was the saddest thing ever. I'm tearing up just typing it. :cry:

He ended up being okay and living for another 2 years but they had been buddies for so long.
  • cindytw
    Options

I have also seen one of my ferrets just lay down next to a dead member of the business. Like he just wanted to give up on life and go too. When I tried to move him he started screaming. It was the saddest thing ever. I'm tearing up just typing it. :cry:

He ended up being okay and living for another 2 years but they had been buddies for so long.

OMG how heartbreaking!
  • BodyByBex
    Options
    Happy thoughts...uhm...I'm not dead! YAY!

I have two ferrets that I let run around all day today and they war danced and played for HOURS! :smiley:
  • sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,244 Member
    Options
    Just to put things in a happier light. I just finished with checking on eleven new puppies! :smile: All healthy and doing excellent. Their mother is very gentle and very attentive and let me handle them without getting all wigged out. She is an excellent Goldendoodle mother. :+1:
  • sufferlandrian
    Options

Wow! That would rip your heart out.
  • LacednLace
    Options
    Just to put things in a happier light. I just finished with checking on eleven new puppies! :smile: All healthy and doing excellent. Their mother is very gentle and very attentive and let me handle them without getting all wigged out. She is an excellent Goldendoodle mother. :+1:

Awwwwwwwwww. :smiley:

• cindytw
    edited April 2015
    Options

I can't have 2 big dogs but I would love a labradoodle or goldendoodle or mini! Such a great mix of the breeds! Thanks for the happy news!
  • BodyByBex
    edited April 2015
    Options
    @sufferlandrian ELEVEN?! Woah :o Glad everyone is healthy. Do doggy moms often get wigged out over people handling their puppies?
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    I've been bitten before but most of the time you know if that's coming so I make sure they can't get me hard. Most moms are pretty good to work with.
  • ween2414
    ween2414 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    so fellow night shifters how do you break down your meals.