Welcome to Fun and Games! Many of the discussions in this category are games based on responding to the most recent comment. Please take a moment to refresh the page and make sure you are replying to the most recent comment to keep the game going!

The official nightshift thread....

Replies

• fatjon73
    fatjon73 Posts: 379 Member
    Evening all....just about to set off for my second night since my Hol.....:(.....last night was a struggle....the day before I left for hols I got a sort of promotion.....and was doing it last night for the first time.........so imagine that not wanting to work after a holiday belly ache and the starting a new job worry.....not had much sleep for 3 days....lol.......went well though....see how the next 4 weeks training goes....lol.....only problem is its now office based.......I used to work on the shop floor, wrapping the chocolates after being made....now I am in office doing all the paper work etc.....so need to up my exercise routines to make up for the loss.........

Have a good one all....what ever your doing....
  • BodyByBex
    BodyByBex Posts: 3,685 Member
    edited April 2015
    So, I went home about to enjoy my two GLORIOUS days off. Only to receive a call from my lieutenant asking me if I can cover for a fellow employee who is in Corpus Christi with his sick daughter and then tomorrow on my other day off, cover for another employee who needs to go to the doctor.

Because I am young, dumb, and in debt...I said yes. Therefore, it is 3PM-11PM tonight and 7AM-3PM tomorrow. YAY OVERTIME!
  • bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,487 Member
    edited April 2015
    Back after my 2 days off...yay! You can't beat OT though, I sign up for it here and there. An extra couple hundred bucks always helps make the ends meet easier.
  • BodyByBex
    @bethanie0825 Yeah, if I wasn't so poor in debt I would have said no. The nice bonus was my lieutenant was SUPER appreciative of me coming in and said tomorrow, if he can work it, he will send me home early so I can 'get some rest, work out, and play some World of Warcraft.'

I've known this dude 2 months and he knows how I roll. :sunglasses:
  • bethanie0825
    Can't beat that! I use to earn more but I switched agencies and took a pay cut so I completely understand lol
  • LacednLace
    LacednLace Posts: 480 Member
    Days off with night shifts never feel like actual days off.....sleep during the day and then try to sleep at night to stay on family schedule....end up awake all night roaming the house....it never truly feels like I have any time off when I' on nights.

Side note, back at it again tonight and tomorrow then I get the weekend. Although my partner is working this weekend. Of course....grumble grumble grumble. Ah well, at least I get my baby. Whoooo!!!
  • bethanie0825
    LacednLace wrote: »
    Days off with night shifts never feel like actual days off.....sleep during the day and then try to sleep at night to stay on family schedule....end up awake all night roaming the house....it never truly feels like I have any time off when I' on nights.

Side note, back at it again tonight and tomorrow then I get the weekend. Although my partner is working this weekend. Of course....grumble grumble grumble. Ah well, at least I get my baby. Whoooo!!!

I'm working the same schedule you are, perm nights. I don't mind it too much bc the first morning I'm off, I'll sleep till like noon so I don't feel like I wasted the day.

I don't have children so I have more flexibility. I don't know how people with kids do it, especially little ones. Takes a strong person to handle it all!
  • LacednLace
    LacednLace wrote: »

I'm working the same schedule you are, perm nights. I don't mind it too much bc the first morning I'm off, I'll sleep till like noon so I don't feel like I wasted the day.

I don't have children so I have more flexibility. I don't know how people with kids do it, especially little ones. Takes a strong person to handle it all!

I have a toddler. If he was in school I could see this working out a lot better....but right now its def not ideal.
  • LacednLace
    LOL - you asked what do I do exactly haha
    Yup... I totally asked for it.

So, I hear we have some 911 dispatchers...I would guess none of them work in Balitmore, MD because they would be WAY too busy to comment/be on this thread.

No thankfully, I do not work there. However my heart goes out to them and all of their responders . Those situations are tough and I can only imagine their heartache right now.
  • bethanie0825
    Does a good, rolling, stomach laugh count as cardio??
  • sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,244 Member
    Just got put on cage rest. No exercise until PT gets my knees to quit hurting. Now I know what that lab I saw the other day feels like.
  • LacednLace
    Just got put on cage rest. No exercise until PT gets my knees to quit hurting. Now I know what that lab I saw the other day feels like.

Are there any exercises they said you can do while on rest? Anything that doesn't involve lower body workouts maybe?
  • bethanie0825
    What about swimming?
  • sufferlandrian
    They said upper body weights are still OK and stretching is still OK. I'm making sure I do a lot of stretching and I'm on 800mg of Ibuprofen TID (Three times a day).
  • sufferlandrian
    What about swimming?
    We still have snow on the ground. Too cold to swim. I tried the local pool but between the senior lap swim and the highschool, It's a very narrow window where you can use it.
  • bethanie0825
    Damn, that sucks big time.
  • fatjon73
    fatjon73 Posts: 379 Member
    Not good Sufferman......

#I have had a bad back for years now....so I know your pain....

For me recently I have been doing a stretch / low impact strength lower back exercises from Youtube.......by Hasfit

I will find you the link if your interested.....they have helped me a lot....especially the stretching.....

Heel soon bro....
  • WildcatMom82
    WildcatMom82 Posts: 564 Member
    At my old lab we used to do alpacas, horses, and the occasional cow. Just the blood obviously, we didn't get to see them or anything. I always liked looking at the smears.

I am tiiiiiiired tonight. This was my last night off, I have the next 6 off. I'm helping a friend move today and gearing up for my daughter's birthday party this weekend. Woop
  • BodyByBex
    @sufferlandrian Oh goodness. Get better soon. Remember to keep logging and check in with us!

@WildCatMom82 We have sheep, geese, chickens and occasionally pigs here are our labs. And of course chimps, rhesus macaques, squirrel monkeys and owl monkeys....
  • sufferlandrian
    fatjon73 wrote: »
    Not good Sufferman......

#I have had a bad back for years now....so I know your pain....

For me recently I have been doing a stretch / low impact strength lower back exercises from Youtube.......by Hasfit

I will find you the link if your interested.....they have helped me a lot....especially the stretching.....

Heel soon bro....

Definitely! Shoot me the link. I'd be grateful. :smile: