Welcome to Fun and Games! Many of the discussions in this category are games based on responding to the most recent comment. Please take a moment to refresh the page and make sure you are replying to the most recent comment to keep the game going!

The official nightshift thread....

Options

Replies

• BodyByBex
    BodyByBex Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    Sandi, and then Sandi and Tessa.

e78z8yhtu5hz.jpg
    3drlsrt43xia.jpg
  • LacednLace
    LacednLace Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    6hrs in, its crazy as hell here tonight. Then again the last few shifts have been. I think I get out early tonight. Or at least god I hope so. Migraine central. I cave, its time to see a neurologist. My migraines have been consistant for over a week or two and its affecting me at home and work. Time to seek help. How's everyone else's shift going?
  • bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    I'm done at 0200 this morning. I'm taking my comp time instead of getting paid. Got a wedding to attend later today and a night off from work.
  • monstalosta
    monstalosta Posts: 2,248 Member
    Options
    Yea nothing running worth a *kitten* on my end fantastic Friday...uhhhh
  • BodyByBex
    Options
    My night is okay. My coworker on the Bastrop side of our detachment is naming buildings we don't even have...I see why they have us switch sides and try to keep us fresh. VBA building? I might be the new kid on the block here but I'm PRETTY sure we don't have a VBA building.....
  • belimawr
    belimawr Posts: 1,155 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    i'm already counting... 5 hours to go. I wish these guys would get the work done, so I can go for my Friday night run, even I even feel up to it tonight. I feel blah and for some odd reason, extremely hungry.

@lilaclovebird nice dogs. i wish i could have one, but out of the home for too much of the day. Sorry to hear about your loss.

I'm partial to dobies myself.
  • MadDogManor
    MadDogManor Posts: 1,455 Member
    Options
    @lilaclovebird, Our cancer boy was gone 3 DAYS before the puppy came to live with us. I really don't want to like the puppy bc I'm still grieving, FFS, but she's really cute and happy. And my daughter is doing better, too.

Hope you can get your family to chill for a few weeks at least. Or until you are ready.
  • sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,244 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    @lilaclovebird - I lost my Mastiff "Cahn" and it was nine months before another dog found me. It's not a question of when you are ready, it's when another one is ready. You will know it when that happens. If you are not ready, then the dog that will help you heal isn't ready yet. Don't rush things but keep an open mind and heart.
  • BodyByBex
    Options
    @sufferlandrian I'm going to keep myself open. I asked my family for at least a couple weeks. I know Tessa seems miserable right now, but she eats when she is hungry and she just wants to be around her people. I can't help but feel like they want to rush out and find another Sandi, but there will never BE another Sandi. No one will aroo-roo like her, no one will announce Papa is making dinner like her, no one will rat out Tessa when she breaks out of the fence like her.
    When we all have accepted what has happened, we will start looking and taking Tessa with us every step of the way. It just isn't going to happen for a little while.

• sufferlandrian
    Options
    @lilaclovebird - It sounds like you are doing it correctly. I really am sorry for your loss and I hope you are able to stick to your guns and go through the process in the way that helps you best.
  • LacednLace
    Options
    Night 2 out of 3 in progress......then 2 glorious days off. Whats on the agenda for everyone tonight? As for me? 911 calls. If it's calm enough at any point ill work on my continuing education courses for work, studying for dispatch, and who knows maybe ill stop to read a chapter or two of my book. *fingers crossed*
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Records, records and more records. It's been busy today and it doesn't look like it's going to let up tonight. On the plus side, we've had some cool cases and not too many cancer cases. :smile:
  • BodyByBex
    Options
    My cousin, Ronelda, came to visit for a couple of days. She leaves tomorrow and I get my workout room back!

I'm not feeling that great about being away from Tessa. Especially after the crap she pulled earlier. She picked up her baby(a stuffed bear), looked at me, whined, and then ran off to jump on my parents' bed like she didn't want to talk to or deal with anyone. She's been moping and letting out these huge, heaving sighs. But she FINALLY started acting more like herself on her walk, sniffing around a lot more. She even peed on a caterpillar!

Tonight should be an easy night for work. Check the buildings, try to stay dry, and don't come face to butt with a skunk. Looking forward to taking Tessa on a morning walk/jog when I get home.
  • MadDogManor
    MadDogManor Posts: 1,455 Member
    Options
    Hematology and front desk accessioning tonight. Let's hope it's not too busy!
  • SubZeroDude
    SubZeroDude Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    Security guard. Only call tonight was a super serious thing that happened

Someone left a fridge door open, and condensation made a puddle SECURITY ON THE WAY
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    @ZooksBrah - Wow. They called security for that? I'm not feeling so bad about some of the calls we got tonight. :smile:
  • Frankie_Felinius
    Frankie_Felinius Posts: 1,398 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Though we are close to sold out at the hotel tonight due to an air show/arts fair/dance comp...it's suprisingly quiet.

Rough day earlier though. 5 year old was full of 'tude this morning when she and dad came to work. Driving home from work a car in front of me jerked so hard into the other lane it was nearly perpendicular to the flow of traffic...got up to the intersection and could see a young chick, crying and holding the side of her face. Passenger socked her while driving. I tried to call 911 but my phone wouldn't make ANY calls for nearly 20 minutes. Ugh...poor gal. Got home, our dog (who is so not a chewer) ate the face off of the 5 year old's Grumpy Cat toy. Luckily he decided NOT to ingest the plastic eyes or nose and I performed facial reconstruction surgery. He has a lot of...let's say...character now. Aaand to top it off...my *kitten* neighbors had some drunkass in their backyard YELLING everything he said. The guy was sitting in a lawn chair less than ten feet from my head. Woke me up despite a fan on high and earplugs. Sheesh. Woke me up nearly 1.5 hours early and of course I couldn't go back to sleep...

But at least it is quiet at work! Time for some YouTube and towel folding...
  • LacednLace
    Options
    ZooksBrah wrote: »
    Security guard. Only call tonight was a super serious thing that happened

Someone left a fridge door open, and condensation made a puddle SECURITY ON THE WAY

Lmao!
  • BodyByBex
    Options
    @ZooksBrah I'm lucky. Stuff like that happens, I just put a sign out and call Physical Plant. Their job to deal with it, not mine. :smiley:
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    I'm really going to need a nap today. I hope it's quite. Had to do surgery on a couple dogs last night and I've got 24 hours of shift left.