Welcome to Fun and Games! Many of the discussions in this category are games based on responding to the most recent comment. Please take a moment to refresh the page and make sure you are replying to the most recent comment to keep the game going!

The official nightshift thread....

Options

Replies

• BodyByBex
    BodyByBex Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    @fatjon73 We actually have a 'beer mile' or 'beer 5k' or some such craziness coming up in Austin I think. I saw the adverts on Facebook and told my friend Alycia. I'm not a big beer drinker but she LOVES the stuff. She keeps talking about wanting to get more fit so I thought it was right up her ally! :lol:
  • fatjon73
    fatjon73 Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    @fatjon73 We actually have a 'beer mile' or 'beer 5k' or some such craziness coming up in Austin I think. I saw the adverts on Facebook and told my friend Alycia. I'm not a big beer drinker but she LOVES the stuff. She keeps talking about wanting to get more fit so I thought it was right up her ally! :lol:

I could do with one of these near me......I was told about a French vineyard that does a wine tasting run.....you run between vineyards drinking along the way......but a beer mile.......now were talking.....
  • sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,244 Member
    Options
    You guys are going to try for the Golden Mile from the movie "The Worlds End" are you?
  • BodyByBex
    Options
    You guys are going to try for the Golden Mile from the movie "The Worlds End" are you?

@sufferlandrian That, I believe, would be known as '6th Street' in Austin, TX.

Everyone should google it. It is well known and the first time I went on 6th Street, I walked off with a new hole in my face(nostril piercing).

• sufferlandrian
    Options
    LOL. :-) I've heard about it. I've never been there. Ben White BLVD was as close as I got.
  • MadDogManor
    MadDogManor Posts: 1,454 Member
    Options
    My brother lives on 6th St in Austin. Too bad we're not close! My brother in law lives in Bastrop and my MIL lives in Round Rock. We aren't close to any of them, but I've visited all these places that you guys talk about!

I have two nights off and slept for 14 hrs the first night - I must've needed it :-)

• BodyByBex
    Options
    @MadDogManor I live in Bastrop! :sunglasses:
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Wow! What are the odds. We have got to get together if we are ever all in the area. I try to get back to Round Rock every couple of years.
  • BodyByBex
    Options
    @sufferlandrian We should! And blow ALL our calories at the Roadhouse off of hwy 71. Those burgers :yum: OH! And sweet potato fries! I love burgers. It sucks to be on calorie restriction with such an AMAZING burger place right down the road.

• sufferlandrian
    Options
    I've never been there. I'm willing to blow my calories for the week for a great burger. :smile:
  • belimawr
    belimawr Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    I've never been there. I'm willing to blow my calories for the week for a great burger. :smile:
    @sufferlandrian We should! And blow ALL our calories at the Roadhouse off of hwy 71. Those burgers :yum: OH! And sweet potato fries! I love burgers. It sucks to be on calorie restriction with such an AMAZING burger place right down the road.

Yep... I cut myself short on calories a few days so I can hit the burger place around here if I want to on the weekend, or grill up a nice juicy one myself if I'm not being too lazy.

We have one of them in NJ too.
  • bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    So, Zaxby's won out and I got it for dinner. I felt like crap when I was done and went over my calories for the day. Blah, I can't do that again.

How's everyone else's night going so far?
  • LacednLace
    LacednLace Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    So, Zaxby's won out and I got it for dinner. I felt like crap when I was done and went over my calories for the day. Blah, I can't do that again.

How's everyone else's night going so far?

Omg, zaxby's sounds delicious right now. Sorry I havent been very active the last few nights, but i have been reading ya'lls posts. Yall know how it is....work, kids, sleep. For me its basically work, sleep, clean, barely see my son for an hour (if that), repeat. He was supposed to go to daycare today but I said "F that" I wanted my baby. Woke up at 8am and kept him all day. (I had a training session with Jess and we ended up taking a 5hr nap so I didnt get much time with him or get to take him to the park like I wanted but at least I finally got to spend more than 1hr with him). And im off this weekend. Hello quality mommy son time!!!!

Suffice to say I used to love being a night person....its just not the same with a toddler though. I positively cannot wait to return to dayshifts (even thought its only temporary) it'll be so much healthier for my family.

So far im 5.5hrs in with 6.5 to go. Already drinking my monster though.....so yeah......

Whats the most interesting thing that's happened on everyone's shift tonight?

ps. Sorry for rambling guys
  • fatjon73
    fatjon73 Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    http://pubbug.co.uk/PubCrawl/Around/West Yorkshire/Halifax

We have plenty of pubs to drink in where I live.......this map shows 123 pubs in my home town........I have been in 112 of these pubs......worked in 3......lived in 2.........been barred from 0..........5 are no longer pubs.........and I can name at least 12 that are not on the list.......lol......

We used to have a new years challenge in these parts.....there used to be 40 pubs in a square mile of the town centre......you had to get the bar staff to sign in each pub that you had drank half a pint at least.......some have tried it with pints......I believe that 34 is the record......officially....but I do know of some that say they have done all 40 with pints.....(the usual tall story you here in the pubs round here...lol)...

What we need is a good burger joint though......I am sorry to say I do think I would be the size of a football field if I lived over in the USA.......I watch Man v Food.....and Diners, drive-in's etc.....and I need to eat your food.....lol......

• bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    It's hard, I love burgers and nachos, and everything else that's no good for me. Just say no, it's easier that way lol!
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    40 pints? Wow! That doesn't seem possible. Alcohol toxicity comes to mind.
  • LacednLace
    LacednLace Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    @bethanie0825 stoooopppp. youre killing me smalls. Last time I had a burger was a few months ago. I need to figure out if we have a counter grill at home or if im gonna go pick one up at walmart. Although I am gonna find a healthy/healthier way to have nachos.....soon.......

@fatjon73 Do their tall tales include their hallucinations and trip to the ER? 40 pints....that sounds like a death sentence.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Did they manage to get that last pint in just before the pink elephant trampled them? :smile:
  • Imback257
    Imback257 Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    One and a half hour left!!! :) Good luck on that last stretch to my fellow grave yard-ers. :)
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Three hours to go. Going to try to get in a quick trip on the bike this morning before the wind picks up.