Welcome to Fun and Games! Many of the discussions in this category are games based on responding to the most recent comment. Please take a moment to refresh the page and make sure you are replying to the most recent comment to keep the game going!

The official nightshift thread....

Options

Replies

• bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    Back at it again tonight, waiting on all the rain to move in. First day of only 1540 calories wasn't too bad. Onto tonight which should be fine as long as I don't raid the snack machine lol.
  • sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,244 Member
    Options
    I need another job. I've got a couple clients that are sucking the life out of me.
  • BodyByBex
    BodyByBex Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    I need another job. I've got a couple clients that are sucking the life out of me.

@sufferlandrian VAMPIRE DOGGIES!!!
  • bethanie0825
    Options

Been there, done that but it wasn't the job so much as where I worked. I feel your pain. I moved onto another agency and I couldn't be happier.

@lilaclovebird I literally laughed out loud :D

Bahahahaha!!
  • BodyByBex
    Options
    @bethanie0825 Actually, I had a similar thing. I realized it was where I worked and I hate the people(person) I worked with(it was literally an office of two people with a regional manager stopping by once a month).

I left and I couldn't be happier. My mother was actually watching T.V. with me this morning and she touched my face and said "Your face is SO much better since you quit that other job."
    As a chronic acne sufferer, this is HUGE. I had no idea the stress was such a huge bother for my skin.

Plus, I had been trying to lose weight the WHOLE TIME I was working at that job and never dropped more than 4 pounds. I leave and lose 26(count 'em TWENTY-SIX) pounds since I started this new job. I even work nights and everyone said working nights I would GAIN weight. HA!
  • BodyByBex
    edited May 2015
    Options
    @sufferlandrian Maybe an update on Tessa will help? She is eating more and thoroughly enjoys our walks. She even met another dog and some goats this time. She tried to chase a guinea hen but was unfortunately attached to me and couldn't get close enough for a good sniff. The ferrets enjoyed torturing her today, so they all played for a bit.

Sometimes the loss just hits her, like it does with a person, and all I do is snuggle up next to her and stroke her a bit while she cries and sighs. Overall she is doing well. Almost got her into a good game of tug, haven't done that with her in AGES. :blush:

My mother predicts us going and looking for another dog in about a week. It will likely be just me and her looking until we find someone who we think might fit. She said it's because only she and I can go to the Humane Society or the city pound and walk away without bringing anyone home. If we don't find someone who is a good fit, then we head home, and we don't bother Tessa with a meeting at all.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options

@sufferlandrian VAMPIRE DOGGIES!!!

ROFL!!
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    @lilaclovebird - I'm glad Tessa is doing better. Time is the great healer, but it can't be rushed. :smile: I never go to the Humane Society. I have enough hard luck cases that come here on their own. Animal control usually brings abandoned or injured dogs here for a check up before taking them to the pound. That's how I got my last one. :wink:
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    @bethanie0825 - See, the real problem is I hate my boss. He makes me work all kinds of hours and doesn't pay me what I'm worth. I can't seem to get away from him. If I left this job, he would just follow me, I know it!
  • BodyByBex
    Options
    @sufferlandrian I am not 'lucky' enough to have unclaimed dogs walking in through my front door. We're leaning towards the Bastrop Animal Shelter because the guy there was super nice when we dropped off an abandoned kitten. I don't know WHY people feel the need to THROW BLACK KITTENS or any kitten really OUT OF A MOVING CAR! WTF?! But anyway, she was fine. Took her to the vet first and had her all checked out and the veterinarian asked around if anyone wanted to adopt her. We got one 'maybe' and she said she would swing by the shelter and if she was still there, she would pick her up. Less than a half hour after I dropped her off, the guy called to give me an update(I asked to be notified if she got adopted) and she was being picked up by the technician! I love happy endings.
  • bethanie0825
    Options
    That was my issue, I couldn't stand my boss and no matter what she did or what we reported to her boss, she suffered no repercussions and still hasn't from what I heard.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    By the way Bethanie, I'm my own boss. :smile: That's how I know my boss would follow me to my next job. :laugh:
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    @lilaclovebird - If you go to the Bastrop Humane Society, stop in to Black's BBQ. I love that place. Whenever I'm down visiting my Aunt Nina I go there to get brisket. :yum:
  • bethanie0825
    Options
    :D well that makes more sense!! lmao!
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Five hours to go! I need to get cracking on records.
  • bethanie0825
    Options
    I have 15, then my commute home. I think I can, I think I can....
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    15 hours or minutes? Here's to hoping it's minutes. :+1:
  • BodyByBex
    Options
    2 and a half hours.....been awake since 2pm.....BLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    On my third monster. I'm surprised my hands aren't shaking yet. If I need another one I'll add a five hour energy drink to it. :smile:
  • BodyByBex
    Options
    I WAS planning on taking Tessa for a walk as soon as I got home but I am friggin' TIRED. Plus, we are supposed to get some intense thunderstorms this morning and I know she hates those. We may have to skip today. :disappointed: