Welcome to Fun and Games! Many of the discussions in this category are games based on responding to the most recent comment. Please take a moment to refresh the page and make sure you are replying to the most recent comment to keep the game going!

The official nightshift thread....

Options

Replies

• sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,244 Member
    Options
    That's odd. Now that you mention it, we haven't had thunderstorms here. A lot of wind storms but no thunderstorms. How odd.
  • arian10daddy
    arian10daddy Posts: 2,758 Member
    Options
    Its the nightshift thread, and its hustling and bustling... and its not even night where I am from! LOL
    You go girls! ;):sunglasses:
  • BodyByBex
    BodyByBex Posts: 3,685 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    @sufferlandrian We have been getting thunderstorms but with little to no rain. Because of the lack of water falling from the sky, it just SITS in the AIR around us. So it is humid as [expletive] and I HATE humidity. It can go [expletive] itself right up its [expletive] for [expletive][expletive][expletive].
  • BodyByBex
    Options
    @arian10daddy I'm pretty sure @sufferlandrian is a male. I mean, I haven't checked but I am pretty sure he represents himself on this website as a male. And why would someone misrepresent themselves on the internet?
  • arian10daddy
    arian10daddy Posts: 2,758 Member
    Options
    @lilaclovebird lol my bad I guess! :D
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    @lilaclovebird - Yep. I'm a male. At least my wife thinks so. :wink: I have been told I'm in touch with my feminine side, but that doesn't change that I can write my name in the snow without dropping my drawers. :smile:

I hate the humidity too. I was glad to leave the humidity behind when I left Florida and San Antonio. I used to think while working the farm in Round Rock, "If it would just start raining the humidity would drop." Then it would rain, the sun would come out and the humidity would be even worse. At least then the tanks would be full and you could swim if you had a spotter for the snapping turtles. :laugh:
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    @arian10daddy - I don't take offense at much so you're just fine. Welcome to the dark side. :smile:
  • Frankie_Felinius
    Frankie_Felinius Posts: 1,398 Member
    Options
    Humidty is such a double-edged sword for me. Too little and my skin is lizard-y dry. Too much and my hair and makeup don't stand a chance. Ish. I wish I could live in a permanent weather state of medium humidty anywhere between 60 and just cold enough to snow...
  • BodyByBex
    Options
    It rained! And the humidity went down, for 4 hours. Of course I was asleep for all of it....UGH! I want some CHEETOS! Them *kitten* are NOT in my calorie goals! :rage:

Trying to get back on track is rough. I don't wanna. :bawling:

But I want to stay fat even less. So here is hoping that starting at midnight today is a good day and I stay within my calorie goals.
  • BodyByBex
    Options
    @lilaclovebird - Yep. I'm a male. At least my wife thinks so. :wink: I have been told I'm in touch with my feminine side, but that doesn't change that I can write my name in the snow without dropping my drawers. :smile:

I hate the humidity too. I was glad to leave the humidity behind when I left Florida and San Antonio. I used to think while working the farm in Round Rock, "If it would just start raining the humidity would drop." Then it would rain, the sun would come out and the humidity would be even worse. At least then the tanks would be full and you could swim if you had a spotter for the snapping turtles. :laugh:

SNAPPING TURTLES?! :astonished:
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Well yes. You had to have a spotter for the snapping turtles. Can't have the little bounders making artificial insemination a necessary part of your family planning.
  • MadDogManor
    MadDogManor Posts: 1,454 Member
    Options
    Lol
  • Frankie_Felinius
    Frankie_Felinius Posts: 1,398 Member
    Options
    Last week a nap won when I left work...if it doesn't rain too hard, I think the bike will win this week. Yay (my) Friday night starts in less than an hour! Tattoo appointment tomorrow! And maybe some ribs. I've been wanting ribs but my sense of smell/taste has been jacked for nearly 2 months and I haven't properly tasted or smelled any food since before the cold! Those ribs are pricey and I want to TASTE them. I'm not to 100% yet but I'm dying for them.

It is weird, I have been experiencing "phantom" smells in the weeks since my nose smell/taste has been defective...cinnamon, cigarette smoke, fall leaves, pig *kitten*, oatmeal cream pie filling, etc. Sometimes it is a quick whiff other times it has been recurring. I googled it and apparently it is common in events like mine...losing smell after an illness. It is an incredible appetite suppressant. When food is only a texture, there is no pleasure, no reason to overeat. I'd like to be able to "shut off" my smell maybe six days a week and just eat strictly for fuel and then on a "cheat" days or special occasions I could temporarily turn it back on...
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Wouldn't that be nice to turn it on and off. :smile: Guess I would rather work out more than to not taste ribs again. :wink:
  • bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    I recently cut back my calories but this girl will exercise for a damn cookie. Or ribs. Heck yeah I will :D
  • belimawr
    belimawr Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    yum, ribs. Yeah I'll do extra exercise as well for something like that I want. Not too sure about cutting back on the calories... I'd rather add in the extra exercise.
  • HoolaHoopsMcGee
    HoolaHoopsMcGee Posts: 2,749 Member
    Options
    Good evening everyone!
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Nice family with a Yorkie that needed a C-Section. Two cute little puppies. Now on to the laceration. Fat Lab that ran into the porch.
  • BodyByBex
    Options
    I may have overexercised(is that a thing?) for a quesadilla(I KNOW I shouldn't have cheese but DAMMIT!) and one oreo cookie. Worth it. Even if I have to eat nothing but tuna and peas for the rest of this week. SO worth it. :naughty:
  • fatjon73
    fatjon73 Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    I am ashamed to say the only thing I have exercised extra for is beer on a weekend.....lol........I can usually eat under goal if no alcohol involved....but beer....now that's worth running for....