Welcome to Fun and Games! Many of the discussions in this category are games based on responding to the most recent comment. Please take a moment to refresh the page and make sure you are replying to the most recent comment to keep the game going!

The official nightshift thread....

Options

Replies

• Frankie_Felinius
    Frankie_Felinius Posts: 1,398 Member
    Options
    This chick came in tonight...her ID said 22...she looked 42, no exaggeration. Oooohhhooohhh, meth...ooohhoooohhh meth. Remember that public service commercial? Lots of post-wedding drunks too. Crossing my fingers for a quiet night. I do not have the patience on any given night but especially not tonight...
  • sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,244 Member
    Options
    I have been fortunate to have good clients all day. My shift isn't over until Monday Morning, but I am grateful for the clients I've had so far. No meth heads or crack jobs today.
  • fatjon73
    fatjon73 Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    I now get my workout in before work. I also try to walk Tessa before work.

@sufferlandrian My mother used her ultimate veto power and we did NOT get to do the meet and greet. I am sad but the other dog is young and I am sure she will find a good home.

Something will happen, I know it. We will some way, some how, find the perfect pack-mate for Tessa that everyone will love.

@lilaclovebird WTF???....you mum was the one that wanted another dog...how did that veto happen?
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    It's a mother thing. We wouldn't understand. :laugh:
  • fatjon73
    Options
    I have been fortunate to have good clients all day. My shift isn't over until Monday Morning, but I am grateful for the clients I've had so far. No meth heads or crack jobs today.

I used to run a Newsagents / shop for a couple of yrs....the most I dealt with was pot heads coming in and staring at the sweet counter for 20 minutes deciding what to buy........I do not envy you with the meth heads.....very unpredictable lot them.......nasty nasty drug........what do you do Frankie to have to deal with them on a night???
  • Frankie_Felinius
    Frankie_Felinius Posts: 1,398 Member
    Options
    Auditor at a hotel. It used to be so much worse when we accepted cash. Hookers, meth labs, murder suspects. Well, we still get hookers and meth heads but the ones with credit cards...they tend to be less trouble when they know we can charge their card for damages. But then again, back then we had a manager that was hopped up on pills and embezzling from the company. We would run out of things like TOILET PAPER because she neglected her job so badly. It was crazy!
  • BodyByBex
    BodyByBex Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    @fatjon73 She just didn't want a puppy (she was 8 months old) and she says she doesn't want another black dog. I jokingly called her a racist, but she is right. We need someone a little older and more laid back.
  • fatjon73
    Options
    Auditor at a hotel. It used to be so much worse when we accepted cash. Hookers, meth labs, murder suspects. Well, we still get hookers and meth heads but the ones with credit cards...they tend to be less trouble when they know we can charge their card for damages. But then again, back then we had a manager that was hopped up on pills and embezzling from the company. We would run out of things like TOILET PAPER because she neglected her job so badly. It was crazy!

Sounds like you are never bored at work at least...lol....bet you see many many sights...lol....I worked in Engineering most my life...so all Grumpy boring old men usually......not interesting at all....
  • fatjon73
    Options
    @fatjon73 She just didn't want a puppy (she was 8 months old) and she says she doesn't want another black dog. I jokingly called her a racist, but she is right. We need someone a little older and more laid back.

OK...cool....had me thinking with the posts about her pushing you for one....and when you find one its NO....lol.......

I am insisting my vet see's my mutt tomorrow.....he has been off for a few weeks now...but they don't want to do work on him as he is too old...but I want him seen he is suffering now I think....not eating right this week at all....I was told to see how thing went over weekend....but I am on there door at 9am Monday....not leaving till seen....
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Good for you. If he is not acting right, there is something wrong. You may not like what they find, but at least you'll know.
  • BodyByBex
    Options
    I have a problem guys....I have the hots for my supervisor.... :sweat:
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Umm..... That is a problem. It's a no win scenario.
  • BodyByBex
    edited May 2015
    Options
    I am not about to quit this AMAZING job. It's against policy and it's against my own code of ethics.

Maybe I should invest in a new toy...or go on a date...or...something... BAH! I've actually NEVER been in this situation before. I have had the hots for a coworker before but not a supervisor. At that time I was married and so there was no question about what to do about it: ignore it and take out any and all sexual frustration on the husband. Eventually, it all went away.

This is SO different. He is my direct supervisor, my coworker, he is single, I am single... This is bad. Recipe for disaster. :s:sweat::astonished:
  • MadDogManor
    MadDogManor Posts: 1,454 Member
    Options
    I'm too old for double shifts, ugh. Let alone having the hots for anybody lol
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    You have that right. That is a recipe for disaster. At least you're not trying to figure out how to get around it. The tough part is accepting that it's a recipe for disaster and placing that energy somewhere else. Maybe you can call 1800-I need a hottie to take my mind of this guy. :laugh:
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    I have the hots for my wife. Maybe I should work less so I can get over that. :wink:
  • BodyByBex
    edited May 2015
    Options
    The only way I see getting around this is if I finish my chemistry degree and work in the BRE building doing something else. But then I lose the opportunity of some serious promotions and tripling my current salary.
    I am not monetarily motivated, but I will not give all that up just for the chance to boink some dude that I work with.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    ROFL!!! Well put. :smile:
  • BodyByBex
    Options
    ROFL!!! Well put. :smile:

Then there is the other half of me: But he's so cute and funny! We enjoy each other's company! We get along so well! He is such a fine male specimen. Maybe if we just went out for a couple of beers...

:frowning:

I can not wait to go home, take a bubble bath and just hope all these feelings/thoughts go away.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Just keep reminding yourself that the best guys are usually figments of your imagination and you'll see them on Forensic files in 10 years for being serial killers. :smile: Yes, I'm watching Forensic files while I'm waiting on the next blood glucose on the dog I have hospitalized. :smile: