Welcome to Fun and Games! Many of the discussions in this category are games based on responding to the most recent comment. Please take a moment to refresh the page and make sure you are replying to the most recent comment to keep the game going!

The official nightshift thread....

Options

Replies

• fatjon73
    fatjon73 Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    I have a problem guys....I have the hots for my supervisor.... :sweat:

You have not mentioned if he feels the same???....

If he would too then go for it....if it all goes tits up then blame him....and claim supervisor harassment....get a retirement package out of them....then finish your degree in peace....lol
  • no_pink_skirts
    no_pink_skirts Posts: 914 Member
    Options
    @lilaclovebird so I have this rule that I don't *kitten* where I eat...this means no hooking up with coworkers or roommates. It's a good rule for everyone, since the odds of things working out are so much smaller than the odds of them going bad. If you plan on staying in this job longer than the next 2 weeks, I'd say join tinder or something and let this one go. It sucks but it happens.
  • belimawr
    belimawr Posts: 1,155 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    @fatjon73... lol you have no idea how common it is in my workplace for that to happen. *kitten*, even if there's nothing going on ever a woman will pull that stunt.

That's why I stay away... far away... from coworkers... could be a headache in the end.
  • sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,244 Member
    Options
    I really feel for people that are trying to right by their animal but circumstances make money an issue. It's hard to tell them no but if you don't, the business goes under and then you can't help anyone.
  • Frankie_Felinius
    Frankie_Felinius Posts: 1,398 Member
    Options
    I watch Forensic Files while falling asleep sometimes. What is wrong with me?
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Oh! Me too! I'm not sure why. I love that show. :smile:
  • BodyByBex
    BodyByBex Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    I am not about to quit this AMAZING job. It's against policy and it's against my own code of ethics.

Maybe I should invest in a new toy...or go on a date...or...something... BAH! I've actually NEVER been in this situation before. I have had the hots for a coworker before but not a supervisor. At that time I was married and so there was no question about what to do about it: ignore it and take out any and all sexual frustration on the husband. Eventually, it all went away.

This is SO different. He is my direct supervisor, my coworker, he is single, I am single... This is bad. Recipe for disaster. :s:sweat::astonished:
    @lilaclovebird so I have this rule that I don't *kitten* where I eat...this means no hooking up with coworkers or roommates. It's a good rule for everyone, since the odds of things working out are so much smaller than the odds of them going bad. If you plan on staying in this job longer than the next 2 weeks, I'd say join tinder or something and let this one go. It sucks but it happens.

@no_pink_skirts Same thing. I'm not planning on following through on ANY of my impulses.

@fatjon73 Body language and some of the things we talk about (and the way we talk about them) indicate that he feels the same. However, I think we will just enjoy the sexual tension and leave it at that. We ALL know there is no version where this works out well.
    Besides, I am a super klutz. I have such a great relationship with the floor and he has said he doesn't want to mess that up for me. :laugh:
  • belimawr
    belimawr Posts: 1,155 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    @lilaclovebird well, plus side is the floor's always there for you when you fall

I can't... believe... I just... came up... with that... so effing cheesy.

mmm... cheesy nachos... *drool*
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    @Belimawr - ROFL!!! That was really good. :smile:
  • BodyByBex
    edited May 2015
    Options
    I want to STRANGLE and/or SET ON FIRE one particular coworker who was supposed to relieve me but called in sick. Now I have to work a mandatory 8 hours of overtime. So now I am pulling a GLORIOUS 16 hour shift, after which, I get to go home and sleep for exactly(I hope) 6.5 hours before coming back to work my regular shift again.

His illness you ask? Why it is a mere chronic condition known as DIABETES that he has been told by MULTIPLE doctors and nurses(including the ones we have on staff) how to manage and he just REFUSES to do so.

Honestly, I don't think he even ACTUALLY had a blood sugar spike. I think he just woke up late and thought "Since I'm late I might as well just call in and not show up altogether."
    Something about the words to our supervisor made me think this. The phrase was: "Oh well my blood sugar is a little high and I just don't feel like coming in today." I almost wish he hadn't had it on speakerphone...
    I can not STAND people who choose to not manage their illnesses or those who chose to use a chronic illness as an excuse.

My dog had dreams of going for a walk today. Will that happen? Nope. I had plans of a glorious workout before coming in to work tomorrow. Will THAT happen? Nope.

I knew stuff like this would happen when I took this job. Mandatory overtime. Fine. But the fact that it has happened 4 times in the 3 months I have been here? Not cool. That is just counting the times it has happened to ME and we haven't had doubles going(two people working the same shift, at the same campus, on the same day). This has also happened to the 2 other night shift PSOs.

Our own sergeant is wondering why he still has a job because he doesn't even meet expectations on his evaluations, but the system wont fire him.

I would rather work all 12 hour shifts and only get ONE day off a week if it meant his termination. I don't mind working the extra hours as long as I am well informed beforehand and can plan accordingly.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Ummm.... My last wife was diabetic and elevated glucose is not a reason to not get out of bed. It's a reason to adjust insulin and diet and get up and get moving. Lying in bed will not get the circulation to your extremities to help reduce the damage from elevated glucose. I can't believe he still has a job either. I know firing someone with a disability is problematic but so is losing good employees because they can't stand picking up his slack.
  • BodyByBex
    Options
    Seems this is the only truly non-judgmental thread for me. No one seems to understand nightshifters quite like other nightshifters.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    I'm glad my phone has a do not disturb mode. I get so tired of people who know I work nights calling and saying, "Oh, were you sleeping?" I had one that was particularly bad until I started calling him at 3 in the morning.
  • BodyByBex
    Options
    I'm glad my phone has a do not disturb mode. I get so tired of people who know I work nights calling and saying, "Oh, were you sleeping?" I had one that was particularly bad until I started calling him at 3 in the morning.

HAHAHA! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • fatjon73
    fatjon73 Posts: 379 Member
    Options

I have a few of these in my life.......they know I work perm nights....yet this do not grasp the fact I sleep during the day....I am like WTF when do you think I sleep if I work in the night.....

My gardener also never gets it....he comes at 3 in an afternoon.....like 3am to me......I sleep 11 to 6......I tell him every time...but still.....3pm ish......he lives over the road from me and does it cheap, so I can really have a go too much...lol....
  • bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    Just dropped in on my night off to see what was happening. I love forensic files!!
  • MadDogManor
    MadDogManor Posts: 1,454 Member
    Options
    My night off, too. Just watched Avengers 2 and am thinking of re watching Daredevil. Oh, and doing laundry. I SHOULD go to the gym, but naw, that won't happen
  • BodyByBex
    Options
    So.... I'm back at work. Weird to think I was JUST here 8 hours ago....bleh.

*kitten* head better not call in today. Everyone is hoping that when he called in earlier today that it was the last nail in the coffin and that he will be fired. I feel this is a false hope.
  • Muldactus
    Muldactus Posts: 6,972 Member
    Options
    Hope no one minds if I join the thread. I work on a rotating shift - sometimes days, sometimes nights, sometimes evenings. Right now I'm on nights for a bit. Anyone have any coffee?
  • RedRockChic
    RedRockChic Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Top of the day to everyone.. Hope all is well on the other side of the clock :)