Welcome to Fun and Games! Many of the discussions in this category are games based on responding to the most recent comment. Please take a moment to refresh the page and make sure you are replying to the most recent comment to keep the game going!

The official nightshift thread....

Options

Replies

• MadDogManor
    MadDogManor Posts: 1,438 Member
    Options
    Yeah, our privately owned hospital was bought by a big corporate health system 3 yrs ago. It's like a sinking ship around here now!
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    I've generally found that bigger corporations will give better pay/benefits, but smaller private companies will offer more flexibility in lots of ways. So there are pros and cons for both.
  • fatjon73
    fatjon73 Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    [/
    I may have missed it...what are the puppies' names?

kmn6y76w7715.jpg

^ Stan..............................................................................................................Ollie ^
  • Frankie_Felinius
    Frankie_Felinius Posts: 1,398 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    I've generally found that bigger corporations will give better pay/benefits, but smaller private companies will offer more flexibility in lots of ways. So there are pros and cons for both.

True. When we were owned by a bigger company, the handbook said "No unnatural hair color" so I bought a wig when I first went unnaturally colored. When we switched companies, I wasn't issued a handbook soooo I started wearing my unnatural color with no wig. My manager never said a word and the regional manager has seen it and he doesn't ever say anything. Our front desk staff gets great reviews so I think they care more about performance than appearance. I frequently read our reviews online and no one has ever complained or even mentioned me negatively. I'm also quite visibly tattooed/have a septum ring so I always assumed I'd see complaints about my appearance. Not a one in the years I've looked like this. Nice! Guess I'M the judgy one!

@fatjon73 :) Good ones.

• Sho0gy_D
    Sho0gy_D Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Wooo! Nightshift!! Woooo puppies!!
  • sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,205 Member
    Options
    P90X kicked my butt! Maybe I shouldn't have ridden 14 miles first. :laugh:
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    Checking in! How is everybody's night going?

• Frankie_Felinius
    edited June 2015
    Options
    So get this. Our 2nd shifter called off today. The 1st shift guy, who works audit on my nights off, called our manager and told him he needed to come in. He didn't even call me because he knows I get off at 7 and I am with my kid all day until I go to bed in the afternoon, therefore, not able to work 2nd shift because that is my night time. (Also Friday/Saturdays are looong for me because I wake up on Friday morning, up all day and all night and the next day AND it was a 10 hour shift last night!) So when my fiance wakes me up at 9 to go into work, he tells me that my manger told him that "If Frankie wants to come in early, she can." What?! I'm sure I want to come in early to relieve him...
  • BodyByBex
    BodyByBex Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    Learned a valuable lesson last night: NEVER come between a doe and her fawn.
    Fear not, I am unharmed. I also learned that deer make noise.

As far as tonight goes, I spent 15 minutes of the beginning of my shift throwing up. Anyone ever worked out too hard and gotten sick hours later?
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    So get this. Our 2nd shifter called off today. The 1st shift guy, who works audit on my nights off, called our manager and told him he needed to come in. He didn't even call me because he knows I get off at 7 and I am with my kid all day until I go to bed in the afternoon, therefore, not able to work 2nd shift because that is my night time. (Also Friday/Saturdays are looong for me because I wake up on Friday morning, up all day and all night and the next day AND it was a 10 hour shift last night!) So when my fiance wakes me up at 9 to go into work, he tells me that my manger told him that "If Frankie wants to come in early, she can." What?! I'm sure I want to come in early to relieve him...

I mean, don't you just wanna drop everything, and go without sleep, so he can go home early to catch Jeopardy?

• jennifer_417
    Options

As far as tonight goes, I spent 15 minutes of the beginning of my shift throwing up. Anyone ever worked out too hard and gotten sick hours later?

Sounds like an eventful day...
    I've gotten sick (not vomited) while working out, but never way later. I did go to work with food poisoning once; that was a mess.

• Frankie_Felinius
    Options
    What noise DO they make?
  • Frankie_Felinius
    edited June 2015
    Options

I mean, don't you just wanna drop everything, and go without sleep, so he can go home early to catch Jeopardy?

So he can get his drink on sooner...that is why he wanted me in early...
  • Frankie_Felinius
    edited June 2015
    Options
  • Frankie_Felinius
    edited June 2015
    Options
  • Frankie_Felinius
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Oops. Internet connection is cruddy right now...quadruple post.
  • bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,474 Member
    Options
    I'm sure you just hopped right up and dashed to work lol! And I want to know what noises deer make too, I had no idea.
  • BodyByBex
    BodyByBex Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    https://youtu.be/MyB-MSQAsKY

They hiss. The one I encountered hissed and kind of 'mooed' I guess... but she was NOT happy.
  • Frankie_Felinius
    Options
    I put my hot rollers in and put on my face...and left when I normally do. I guess I could have gone in early...but..vanity. My fiance was like "There is no way I'm going to wake her and ask her if she wants to go in early!" Smart man.
  • sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,205 Member
    Options

It's because you got too acidic when you were working out. If you don't do something to buffer the pH on your body after a hard work out like that, you could be sick all night. Believe it or not, Tums works pretty good to buffer your pH after a hard workout.