Welcome to Fun and Games! Many of the discussions in this category are games based on responding to the most recent comment. Please take a moment to refresh the page and make sure you are replying to the most recent comment to keep the game going!

The official nightshift thread....

Options

Replies

• slider728
    slider728 Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options
    Haven't seen the night shift thread pop in in awhile :) 1 hour of on-call left, do some paper work, and its the weekend!!

Hope everyone is having a great night at work!
  • dixilexi
    dixilexi Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Don't work tonight but my sleep schedule won't let me go to bed
  • sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,215 Member
    Options
    Busy!! I have a strychnine poison dog in.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Strychnine dog is doing better. Constipated dog is pooping. Got the cancer out of the Dane. The dog that went deaf from ear medication is on the path to recovery. It's been a good night. :smile:
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    Strychnine dog is doing better. Constipated dog is pooping. Got the cancer out of the Dane. The dog that went deaf from ear medication is on the path to recovery. It's been a good night. :smile:
    Yay!

• sufferlandrian
    Options
    Cancer dog went home. The Constipated dog is going home. The Strychnine dog is going home. And... I got 48 minutes on the elliptical trainer. All in all, a good night. :smile:
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    So...volunteered to work a double...3:30pm-7:45am. Guh.
  • BodyByBex
    BodyByBex Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options

@jennifer_417 I was volunTOLD to work one today...BONUS: No one sent out the email for the schedule change to the PSO's. So if I hadn't been laying next to my boss when he got the e-mail at 4PM today, I wouldn't have even KNOWN I had to be in at 7pm instead of 11pm....yeah.... :#
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    My weekend is starting slow. I needed that.
  • jennifer_417
    Options

@jennifer_417 I was volunTOLD to work one today...BONUS: No one sent out the email for the schedule change to the PSO's. So if I hadn't been laying next to my boss when he got the e-mail at 4PM today, I wouldn't have even KNOWN I had to be in at 7pm instead of 11pm....yeah.... :#

There would've been much rage from me if this had happened...>:(

• BodyByBex
    Options

There would've been much rage from me if this had happened...>:(

For me, it comes with the job. Unexpected and mandatory overtime. I'm cool with it, IF THEY TELL ME! It's like, if I wasn't where I had been, HOW would I have known to show up 4 hours early for my shift?
    Thankfully, Sgt. Sexy Pants said he would have called me.

But if you send out an e-mail that says 'Schedule Changes. Please look at the updated schedule.' Well, how about you just attach the updated schedule TO THE EMAIL! /end rant
  • BodyByBex
    Options
    Plus I am ALL about overtime since Best Buy pulled their crap. On June 7th I bought AND RETURNED a cell phone, WITHIN and HOUR of purchasing it. So the customer service cashier post voided the transaction. Totally fine.

Cut to Wednesday, June 24th, where they charge me almost $200 for the phone THAT I RETURNED. Their whole system is saying the post void didn't happen. Thankfully, I kept the post void receipt and they made copies and were attempting to be super helpful.
    They have until Monday to get me one HELL of a good news update about getting me my money back or they are going to see me EVERY DAY the MINUTE those doors open until I get my money back. Because I work nights and have nothing better to do with my life.

In other news, I finally actually slept over at Sergeant Sexy Pants' house.

He took me to help him pick up his motorcycle on Thursday and he took me to Chipotle because I mentioned I had never been. I actually REALLY liked it. So YAY CHIPOTLE! Then we went back to his place and hung out and I fell asleep all comfy. Woke up and he was headed to work, asked me to just lock the door when I was ready to leave. I asked him about trusting me to not take any of his *kitten* and he just shrugged and said "there's always the hope that you might clean the house while I'm gone." So, I just never left. I cleaned his house for 12 hours.... I am weird. Then he came home and was this combo of weirded out and amazed.

His first words: 'Did you wash the WALLS?!' Yup. I washed the walls, dusted, vacuumed, did ALL of his dishes, I had already helped him with his laundry once before so I did that too, and I bathed his dogs, Gunner(Boxer, Male) and Brodi(Some terrier mix, Female). Because I guess I am some form of a PSYCHO CRAZY PERSON!

He asked me nicely if I would stay for a nap. He was so fall down tired, so I did. Then I left him a note as he was still sleeping when I left. When I got home there was this text thanking me and telling me how much he appreciated my going to Austin with him and cleaning his house even though he was joking and I didn't have to do it. I texted him saying he was being so good to me, so I wanted to be good right back. He texted back a smiley face. I think we are both happy with things so far..

Part of my girl brain ask: BUT WHAT DOES IT ALL MEAN?!

The majority of me at this point responds: I don't give a *kitten*. I'm just enjoying it while it's here because nothing lasts forever and right now, I like this.
  • Frankie_Felinius
    Frankie_Felinius Posts: 1,398 Member
    Options
    )[/quote]

Diagnosis of hypothyroidism in dogs is easy and I can do it right in clinic in about 15 minutes. Love the description of the cat. :smile: That's not the cat that walked on the green paint is it? [/quote]

Of course it is!

• jennifer_417
    edited June 2015
    Options
    News Flash: Running away screaming (up an echo chamber of a stairwell) from the Night Auditor who is coming to tell you to SHUT UP BECAUSE PEOPLE ARE TRYING TO SLEEP, probably isn't your best strategy. >:-(
  • TopCop7747
    TopCop7747 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I often work the night shift and I think I'm going to be moved to it full time temporarily. Ugh.
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    TopCop7747 wrote: »
    I often work the night shift and I think I'm going to be moved to it full time temporarily. Ugh.

Aw, come on, it has it's perks. Really...

• BodyByBex
    Options

Agreed! +1
  • TopCop7747
    TopCop7747 Posts: 33 Member
    Options

Lol. Some I suppose.
  • fatjon73
    fatjon73 Posts: 379 Member
    Options

Agreed....Nightshifts rule...........

AND you cant come to a nightshift thread and then dis the night shift.....its not right pal......its like going to a dieting site and saying how much you hate to diet............hope you don't do that as well........;)
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options

Lol. Some I suppose.

I like being able to hit the gym in the mornings after I get off work and not having to deal with crowds. YMCA is my gym and it's usually a small laid back group made up of retired folks, stay at home moms and most recently, high-school/college kids out on break. It does suck for the single life though especially since I work weekends. ):