Welcome to Fun and Games! Many of the discussions in this category are games based on responding to the most recent comment. Please take a moment to refresh the page and make sure you are replying to the most recent comment to keep the game going!

The official nightshift thread....

Options

Replies

• lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    Those are awesome names. How...how did you keep a straight face checking them in?

Agreed. I know if I worked there I would probably be fired within a week because I would not be able to act professional.
  • Frankie_Felinius
    Frankie_Felinius Posts: 1,398 Member
    Options
    I had to call ol' Dick Glasscock many times to complain about his team..."Um, may I speak to Dick Glasscock?" I had to SAY it...out loud! I was usually peeved when I had to call him so that must have been what kept me from giggling.
  • BodyByBex
    BodyByBex Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    Woah...wacked out names. We have a Glasscock county here in Texas and most counties are named after someone so I figured SOMEBODY out there has the surname.

I have been craving Funyuns for a couple days.

In other news, I got out for my rounds and normally I hear Sergeant Sexy Pants call out over the radio when he is coming over to my campus but tonight I haven't heard a thing from anyone other than dispatch. Fine by me, if he doesn't want to come over here. We need some space anyway after almost a full two days hanging out together.

Well apparently, he snuck onto my campus while I was about, crept into the office, took the paperwork I put out for him, and then drops off a small bag of Funyuns right in front of my keyboard. So I come in and I see the paperwork gone and I'm like "Okay, he still needs some space and is avoiding me. Cool." Then I see the Funyuns and (bear in mind I'm dealing with TOM) I start crying those stupid happy tears.

Guys out there, when women say "It's the little things." It really is the *kitten* little things. *crunches on a Funyun*
  • Frankie_Felinius
    Frankie_Felinius Posts: 1,398 Member
    Options
    Woah...wacked out names. We have a Glasscock county here in Texas and most counties are named after someone so I figured SOMEBODY out there has the surname.

In other news, I got out for my rounds and normally I hear Sergeant Sexy Pants call out over the radio when he is coming over to my campus but tonight I haven't heard a thing from anyone other than dispatch. Fine by me, if he doesn't want to come over here. We need some space anyway after almost a full two days hanging out together.

Well apparently, he snuck onto my campus while I was about, crept into the office, took the paperwork I put out for him, and then drops off a small bag of Funyuns right in front of my keyboard. So I come in and I see the paperwork gone and I'm like "Okay, he still needs some space and is avoiding me. Cool." Then I see the Funyuns and (bear in mind I'm dealing with TOM) I start crying those stupid happy tears.

Guys out there, when women say "It's the little things." It really is the *kitten* little things. *crunches on a Funyun*

It really is. :)
  • BodyByBex
    Options

It really is. :)

He came back into the office and saw me crying and asked why and I told him, he tried to play it off like he just had an extra $0.65 after he got his stuff out of the vending machine. His silly grin about how happy he made me gave it away.

He's a softy. :smiley:
  • fatjon73
    fatjon73 Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    He called me into his office to ask me why a friend of his had to wait two hours for a vaccine. I told him what happened and told him that I managed to save one of the two patients but I couldn't manage both patients and stop to do a vaccine. He just paused and said, "Well, we can't really let a dog die over a vaccine. You'll just have to learn to go faster." That was his way of saying, "You did it right but I hate dealing with upset clients." :smile: So yes, in his own way, he had my back. He was a good boss. I wish he was still practicing but unfortunately he has passed on.

Aid....have I missed something about this being an old story about the client from hell or did you flip and do your boss in and are now standing over him under your patio???......your secrets safe with us if its the later mate......;)
  • fatjon73
    Options
    Okay...totally flagging to get that photo off my screen.

Please tell me what I missed........I miss all the good stuff with the UK time difference.....
  • fatjon73
    Options
    Just had to call the cops on a couple of shady guys and their (possibly prostitute) friend. People are fun, aren't they?

Spoil sport.....;)
  • fatjon73
    edited June 2015
    Options
    I'm Midwest. Work in IA, live in IL.

The worst teams are always boys hockey for us! Leave their stinky gear in the hall. Rowdy. We had a team and the coach's name was...wait for this...Dick Glasscock. And he didn't care what the kids did.

Another name good for a chuckle? I can't remember her first name but last name was Stankebich. Stank-a-b$#h is how it sounded.

This has reminded of a video of a boxer dog and a woman twerking on Facebook.......please tell me someone has seen that vid....and the comments...one of the best I have ever seen......

The thing I want to know is never mind Dick Glasscock........what are his parents like.........they must be a blast......who in there right mind would call a child Dick.....never mind if there last name was Glasscock....lol....
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    fatjon73 wrote: »
    Just had to call the cops on a couple of shady guys and their (possibly prostitute) friend. People are fun, aren't they?

Spoil sport.....;)

When they were going to storm upstairs at 2am and supposedly try to bust their "friend" out of my room? When I have a high school girl's softball team inhouse?

You bet I am. :|

• jennifer_417
    Options
    fatjon73 wrote: »
    Okay...totally flagging to get that photo off my screen.

Please tell me what I missed........I miss all the good stuff with the UK time difference.....

Trust me, you didn't "miss" anything...some douche thought it would be funny to make a bunch of random posts with a profile picture of a naked "happy" guy, then deactivate.
  • BodyByBex
    Options
    Another 12 hour shift! WOO!
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    Yay 12-hr shift! Wait...

• BodyByBex
    Options
    Yay 12-hr shift! Wait...

I'm all for the overtime. I just wish I didn't have to actually sit here and earn it. :frowning:

I also expect to be picking up a shift on Thursday and I will be working another 12 hour shift on Saturday.
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    Yay 12-hr shift! Wait...

I'm all for the overtime. I just wish I didn't have to actually sit here and earn it. :frowning:

I also expect to be picking up a shift on Thursday and I will be working another 12 hour shift on Saturday.

I know the feeling. I'm like, "Yay, extra hours!" Until I actually have to work them. Then I forget why I wanted to do it in the first place, until I get my paycheck. Rinse, repeat...

• TopCop7747
    TopCop7747 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    So here I am. Overtime on mids.
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    TopCop7747 wrote: »
    Hiii!

• TopCop7747
    Options
    TopCop7747 wrote: »
    Hiii!

Hello!! :-)
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    Ok, so let's compile all the $ we're making with all this OT and use it to throw a party! :D
  • TopCop7747
    Options
    Lol. Sounds good to me. Much needed!