Welcome to Fun and Games! Many of the discussions in this category are games based on responding to the most recent comment. Please take a moment to refresh the page and make sure you are replying to the most recent comment to keep the game going!

The official nightshift thread....

Options

Replies

• jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    Just got called a racist because I told a couple of guys they can't just hang out in the hotel. Sure, you just "forgot" the room number of the "friend" you were coming in to visit. But you went straight to the vending machines, then left. Ok.
  • TopCop7747
    TopCop7747 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Trust me. I know all about being called racist. It's all we hear lately.
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    Granted, I was probably a little harsh with them, but anyone who wants to come and obviously isn't a guest, esp after having to call the cops last night, just really puts me on edge. If they had said they just wanted to use the vending machine instead of lying out the gate, it probably wouldn't have bothered me.
  • TopCop7747
    TopCop7747 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    We have a lot of hotels where I work. We are very busy with responding to them for various things. Some are really low rent motel. The stuff we see there.....omg
  • jennifer_417
    edited June 2015
    Options
    It doesn't surprise me. I actually work at a fairly nice property, just in an increasingly rough part of town.
  • Frankie_Felinius
    Frankie_Felinius Posts: 1,398 Member
    Options
    fatjon73 wrote: »
    The thing I want to know is never mind Dick Glasscock........what are his parents like.........they must be a blast......who in there right mind would call a child Dick.....never mind if there last name was Glasscock....lol....

I never thought about the parents! :p

Another fun name. I grew up with a kid and we called him Richie Nailor. I moved away, moved back in high school. Richie started going by Dick. Dick Nailor. Hahahahaha!!

• BodyByBex
    BodyByBex Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    I admit, I am getting a little annoyed in the forums about these women 'complaining' about how they have gone down in band size but haven't gone down in cup size for their bras, e.g. from a 44G to a 34G.
    Now, if you compare those two bras physically, the cup sizes ARE different.

I feel my complaining is more important and relevant because I did go down in band size but my actual breasts haven't shrunk much at all, e.g. I have gone from a 38G to a 32J.

I actually WANT my breasts to go away because it is at a point now where if my hips and waist get smaller I will be disproportionate and look like a weirdo.
    I feel like my breasts are going to take over my body and it's stressing me out because I don't want to have to go through a major surgery to get rid of them

SO THERE!
    /end rant
  • vanillarose77
    vanillarose77 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    hey everyone just found this community spot...third shifter here working at a juvenile corrections facility so i have some crazy things that go on..lol
  • BodyByBex
    Options
    hey everyone just found this community spot...third shifter here working at a juvenile corrections facility so i have some crazy things that go on..lol

Woah! Screw that. Kids are CRAZAY!!!! :scream:
  • vanillarose77
    vanillarose77 Posts: 159 Member
    Options

Woah! Screw that. Kids are CRAZAY!!!! :scream:

ya no kidding and right now i work in segregation...but once august comes are post change so i'll be a relief officer. so whereever they need me i'll be posted at
  • sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,229 Member
    Options
    C-Sections never come at convenient times. :frowning:
  • BodyByBex
    edited June 2015
    Options

I still don't understand people breeding their dogs....

Don't breed or buy while shelter pets die.

Neuter is cuter!

Balls are for fetching! Neuter your pets!

Don't litter! Spay or neuter your critters!

I mean come on, you'd neuter your husband if he was having sex with everyone in the neighborhood! :laugh:

ETA: I wish I could get spayed, but doctors say 'I'm too young'.
  • BodyByBex
    Options
    Well...the 'Silly food tips for beginners' thread exploded....only took 14 posts!
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    Ugh. The OP was so pointlessly rude. It seems like the ones that are so busy trying to get everyone to be 'nice' actually say the nastiest things.
  • BodyByBex
    Options
    Ugh. The OP was so pointlessly rude. It seems like the ones that are so busy trying to get everyone to be 'nice' actually say the nastiest things.

This is so HORRIBLY true. Keyboard warrior let me tell ya. :wink:
  • Frankie_Felinius
    Frankie_Felinius Posts: 1,398 Member
    Options

I used to say I would get spayed in a heart beat from 17/18 on. I was quite anti-child. Until 27 years old and I shockingly developed baby fever. Started with dreams about finding abandoned babies. So weird. I'm still not a child "fan". I'll humor kids and be nice if I'm stuck with one some how but I try to avoid 'em if possible. I love mine to bits but if we're being completely honest...I can tell I'm not cut from the "maternal" cloth. I was a great mom for the first two years but I think my new mom hormones ran out. I'm still a good mom, don't get me wrong...I care for her, love her...but I don't know. Some women LIVE to be a mom, it is all they do, all they care about, are completely selfless for their child. I don't know if it because I'm selfish, an only child who is a loner, had a crap mom myself or what but I am not one of those moms that live to be a mother. Again, I love her to bits and take good care of her (I'm actually really overprotective too hover-y when I'm with her) but my life doesn't revolve around her. Ok, it does but that is the nature of the beast. But I mean I enjoy my alone time and get overwhelmed by having a little shadow. My fiance is the opposite...didn't enjoy babyhood but is best buds with her now. I think that is pretty typical of dads. He is great, natural daddy. He knew when I was pregnant he was going to be a daddy to a little girl...he just felt "like he was meant to be a daddy to a little girl". Awwww.....

I'm not trying to sway you either way. I hated it when people tried to argue with me. "You will change your mind!" "You would be a great mom!" "Everyone should have kids!" Some people just aren't "parent" people. My mom wasn't. I'm not a "natural" parent. Some people just know they aren't or don't want to be. Or maybe you love others' kids but don't want any of your own. You do what makes you happy...what others think in this department is unimportant!
  • BodyByBex
    Options

I used to say I would get spayed in a heart beat from 17/18 on. I was quite anti-child. Until 27 years old and I shockingly developed baby fever. Started with dreams about finding abandoned babies. So weird. I'm still not a child "fan". I'll humor kids and be nice if I'm stuck with one some how but I try to avoid 'em if possible. I love mine to bits but if we're being completely honest...I can tell I'm not cut from the "maternal" cloth. I was a great mom for the first two years but I think my new mom hormones ran out. I'm still a good mom, don't get me wrong...I care for her, love her...but I don't know. Some women LIVE to be a mom, it is all they do, all they care about, are completely selfless for their child. I don't know if it because I'm selfish, an only child who is a loner, had a crap mom myself or what but I am not one of those moms that live to be a mother. Again, I love her to bits and take good care of her (I'm actually really overprotective too hover-y when I'm with her) but my life doesn't revolve around her. Ok, it does but that is the nature of the beast. But I mean I enjoy my alone time and get overwhelmed by having a little shadow. My fiance is the opposite...didn't enjoy babyhood but is best buds with her now. I think that is pretty typical of dads. He is great, natural daddy. He knew when I was pregnant he was going to be a daddy to a little girl...he just felt "like he was meant to be a daddy to a little girl". Awwww.....

I'm not trying to sway you either way. I hated it when people tried to argue with me. "You will change your mind!" "You would be a great mom!" "Everyone should have kids!" Some people just aren't "parent" people. My mom wasn't. I'm not a "natural" parent. Some people just know they aren't or don't want to be. Or maybe you love others' kids but don't want any of your own. You do what makes you happy...what others think in this department is unimportant!

This exactly. I will give my life for anyone else's child. I even have this 'problem' where if I see a child left alone in the grocery store, I watch them until their parent shows up. Like full on stand there protectively over the cart until the parent returns and remind them that it only takes a SECOND for a child abduction to happen. You can walk away from the cart don't get me wrong, but don't go where you can't see your child and they can't see you, e.g. don't walk 3 aisles over just because you don't feel like pushing the cart that far to get your damn pizza rolls!

I've only had one woman ever complain and try to get me in trouble over it and the store manager and subsequent police officer sided with me. :smiley:
    The look on her face when that man in blue said 'Doesn't matter. You shouldn't leave your child alone ma'am.' was perfect.

• sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,229 Member
    Options

I still don't understand people breeding their dogs....

Don't breed or buy while shelter pets die.

Neuter is cuter!

Balls are for fetching! Neuter your pets!

Don't litter! Spay or neuter your critters!

I mean come on, you'd neuter your husband if he was having sex with everyone in the neighborhood! :laugh:

I love the "Balls are for Fetching! Neuter your pets!"

:Laugh:
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    Do people really think that EVERYONE should have kids?
    I don't have to think too hard before I can come up with a list of people who should never have kids, or should have never had kids.
    I'm not a terribly pessimistic person, but really, there are some awful people out there!
  • bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    Yay for being back after my weekend off! It was busy while I was gone lol