Welcome to Fun and Games! Many of the discussions in this category are games based on responding to the most recent comment. Please take a moment to refresh the page and make sure you are replying to the most recent comment to keep the game going!

The official nightshift thread....

Replies

• bigherm2121
    bigherm2121 Posts: 80 Member
    I start on tues so I'll be checking in a little early.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Hello! Checking in from home. How's everyone doing tonight?
  • hanyboudy
    hanyboudy Posts: 662 Member
    Hello! Checking in from home. How's everyone doing tonight?

Checking from home too. . Every thing is great
  • zzzhollymariezzz
    zzzhollymariezzz Posts: 30 Member
    Working nights for awhile... Board...
  • jennifer_417
    Boredom comes with the territory.
  • BodyByBex
    BodyByBex Posts: 3,685 Member
    belimawr wrote: »
    I had suggested a rescue dog in my original post, but the only thing, re: training, if the former (mis)owners let the dog out a lot, isn't it going to want to continue that habit?

Older dogs ARE capable of learning new tricks and they will adjust to the changes as they adjust to the placement in their new pack. Granted it may just be you and him/her but you will be a pack/family in their mind and as long as you are alpha they will adjust accordingly. We're about to have to go through this when we pick out our next rescue. Just make sure you have some time to establish boundaries with him/her.
  • bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,488 Member
    Who's with me working the holiday weekend?
  • jennifer_417
    Me! Putting in 14 hrs tonight.
  • jennifer_417
    @bethanie0825 - love your shoes!
  • bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,488 Member
    Thanks! I actually have new ones I need to get a pic of but those were my favorite bc I love purple. :)
  • Frankie_Felinius
    Frankie_Felinius Posts: 1,398 Member
    edited July 2015
    Love that holiday pay. Wait, that is tomorrow. Still...love that holiday pay.

Couldn't believe I got a nap in tonight without it being interrupted by fireworks! Hopefully tomorrow night I can get some sleep too. If you've been on thirds for any amount of time...you know what I mean! The days prior to the 4th are always filled with backyard fireworks and us poor graveryard shifters that sleep during the evenings are screwed. I thought about using double ear plugs (the foam-y canal ones and the silicone blob outer ear ones) but my family is going to see the fireworks so my fiance won't be home to wake me up so I have to set my alarm...I'll have to go with the one pair and hope for the best...
  • Frankie_Felinius
    So on our days off we rode the shizz out of our bikes! Rode 20+ miles the first day. Then played tennis. I wish I could have had video of that. Every time I hit the ball, I'd do this weird little gazelle hop. WTF?! Hilarious. But, I did better than my fiance! He is the type of person that is good at everything...always better than me at physical things but I was shocked how well I was doing. I mean, I suck...don't get me wrong. But better than him!
  • jennifer_417
    edited July 2015
    Sigh...except the place I work doesn't do holiday pay...

I had to take Raquet Sports in college. When I tried to play tennis, instead of hitting the ball backhand, I'd switch my racquet to the other hand. The coach was like, "I've never seen anybody do that before!" I'm pretty sure it wasn't a compliment...
  • BodyByBex
    Sigh...except the place I work doesn't do holiday pay...

I had to take Raquet Sports in college. When I tried to play tennis, instead of hitting the ball backhand, I'd switch my racquet to the other hand. The coach was like, "I've never seen anybody do that before!" I'm pretty sure it wasn't a compliment...

Same here. I just get an extra day off to use whenever.... I don't think they know that I don't do vacations the first year I'm employed somewhere.
  • Frankie_Felinius
    You know, I might try that! I'm pretty ambidextrous and my backhand is so awkward! I don't golf or play guitar but when I have tried either in the past, I played lefty style.
  • Chrissy_1516
    Chrissy_1516 Posts: 639 Member
    Hello fellow night shifters!
  • BodyByBex
    Hello fellow night shifters!

Another one who finally found us! What do you do?
  • Chrissy_1516
    Chrissy_1516 Posts: 639 Member
    I'm an RN. How is everyones night going?
  • BodyByBex
    I'm doing okay. I've only been here a little less than 2 hours and I have gotten all of my rounds done. I'm diving into some steamed broccoli and chicken, finished my coffee and I'm about to up my water intake and I might have a second round in by 2am as long as Sergeant Sexy Pants doesn't bug me too much. :smile:
  • jennifer_417
    I'm about 8 hrs into a 14-hr shift, bout to tuck into some dinner, and fix myself a cup of coffee. We've had a lot of people just kind of banging around the building, which is a little odd for a hotel, but I think they've all settled in for the night...except my 2 Scottish guys who went out drinking a couple hours ago...I dunno what state they'll be in when they get back.