Welcome to Fun and Games! Many of the discussions in this category are games based on responding to the most recent comment. Please take a moment to refresh the page and make sure you are replying to the most recent comment to keep the game going!

The official nightshift thread....

Options

Replies

• Frankie_Felinius
    Frankie_Felinius Posts: 1,398 Member
    Options
    lacroyx wrote: »
    I almost never get hit on IRL. But there was a guy at my last job that went out to his car to get his guitar so he could play me a song, that was pretty cute.

According to my friends I'm 99.9% oblivious when I get hit on. I assume women are just being friendly thus never interpret the signals.

That is the opposite of most men. Most men think seem to think that if we are nice/friendly/smile at them, we want them. My fiance is the same as you though. We broke up around our 10 year anniversary and continued to live together. My fiance was so oblivious to any girl hitting on him. Worked out fine though. We got back together and have been stronger and closer since the split. Lucky for me he never picked up on being picked up! It worries me though, that if I die early, he'll have a hard time finding a companion...
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    I really don't think I'm oblivious to be hitting on, but I suppose it's possible. I've been told that I'm intimidating, unapprochable, and (according to my brother) "scary as hell." Which I think all that's toned down quite a bit over the years, but still, never really get hit on.
  • sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,201 Member
    Options
    I've reached that age where I can enjoy when someone hits on me but I don't have to do anything about it. Now if my wife hits on me, the kids better not be home. :wink:
  • vanillarose77
    vanillarose77 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    omg is it 6 am yet? i am soo tired i didn't go to sleep yesterday until about 1p or 130 i was up peeling and cutting about 60 small potatoes for potato salad...and i'm having a hard time keeping my eyes open...cheese and rice i need a boost
  • Frankie_Felinius
    edited July 2015
    Options
    I really don't think I'm oblivious to be hitting on, but I suppose it's possible. I've been told that I'm intimidating, unapprochable, and (according to my brother) "scary as hell." Which I think all that's toned down quite a bit over the years, but still, never really get hit on.

Do you have bitchy eyebrows? My fiance said I have bitchy eyebrows. LOL. I totally do. I don't make eye contact. And I don't smile very often (towards strangers). Many of the pickups lines start with "Why are you so mad?" or "Give me a smile."

I think the colorful hair, tattoos and the way I dress actually makes people believe I am more friendly and approachable than I really am. I know people think that people who choose to look like I do, do it for attention. But for me, it so isn't. When people comment on my hair or tattoos...I just want to ignore them. I say "Aww, thank-you!" but inside I'm like "Please leave me alone!" I do it because when I see myself in the mirror, I feel better about what I see. I used to look at girls who looked like me now and thought they looked so beautiful (but also thought they were intimidating oddly enough). But I get it...I look like I'm in costume. People tend to react to me like I'm a character or performer but when they try to strike up a conversation, I'm quite terse and then they are confused. My fiance says I'm the most contradictory person he's ever met...I must say, I tend to agree with him...

I've toned down in the last few years as well. Having a kid softened me considerably. I'll be the first to admit it...before my kiddo I was a cold, harsh b*@!h. I'd venture to say most people who know me would still call me that but I feel like I'm a fuzzy sweet kitten compared to the old me!
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    Hm...I don't know if I have bitchy eyebrows or not...does anyone think I do? C'mon, I can handle the truth lol!
  • Frankie_Felinius
    Options
    Nope. I checked them thoroughly. Not bitchy eyebrows.
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    Hm...I must just be a terrible human being then. :D
  • BodyByBex
    BodyByBex Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    Nope. Checked the eyebrows for that, too. You could be too pretty. I've had that one happen when I was thinner. Find out WEEKS later that a guy wanted to ask me out but thought I was just so 'out of his league'.

Sometimes humans just don't read the signals well.
    I had to spell it out for my Sergeant Sexy Pants that I was interested. He doesn't read signals very well but he DOES know when I am physically in pain and trying desperately not to show it(even when he can't even see my face) or when I am angry/bothered emotionally by something.
  • Frankie_Felinius
    Options
    Hey, they don't know that from just looking! That comes later! ;)
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options

Bitchy eyebrows. lol I've always heard of "resting *kitten* face syndrome" but the eyebrows one is new to me.
    edit: dafaq MFP?! bitchy is ok but b.i.t.c.h. is bad? -_-
  • jennifer_417
    Options

Bitchy eyebrows. lol I've always heard of "resting *kitten* face syndrome" but the eyebrows one is new to me.

MFP quirks are fun sometimes...BTW, your profile pic is pretty much my new favorite thing.
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    Nope. Checked the eyebrows for that, too. You could be too pretty. I've had that one happen when I was thinner. Find out WEEKS later that a guy wanted to ask me out but thought I was just so 'out of his league'.

I had to spell it out for my Sergeant Sexy Pants that I was interested. He doesn't read signals very well but he DOES know when I am physically in pain and trying desperately not to show it(even when he can't even see my face) or when I am angry/bothered emotionally by something.

Too pretty..does not compute...lol! And yeah, it's entirely possible I'm missing signals.

But at least my eyebrows are on point.
  • BodyByBex
    BodyByBex Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options

Too pretty..does not compute...lol! And yeah, it's entirely possible I'm missing signals.

Silver linings!

And being too pretty can be intimidating. You won't be approached if a guy hasn't learned the 'reach out of your league once in a while, you might surprise yourself' rule yet. And many people simply fear rejection. :smirk:
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    There's a lot of guys with confidence problems. If they see a woman with an air of confidence, they shy away. A strong woman is intimidating to most guys. I don't have that problem. I go home and I'm confident my wife will be there and she is confident I wont be fooling around. I love a confident relationship! :smile: It takes a lot of the mind games out of the equation.
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options

MFP quirks are fun sometimes...BTW, your profile pic is pretty much my new favorite thing.

Fellow Whovian? ^_^ I don't remember the name of the site where I ran across it but it was a Doctor Who themed place that sold shirts and other things.

• jennifer_417
    Options

Fellow Whovian? ^_^ I don't remember the name of the site where I ran across it but it was a Doctor Who themed place that sold shirts and other things.

Sure am! When I'm a bit more flush, I wanna get a bunch of Dr Who themed workout shirts that I have on a Pinterest board.

• jennifer_417
    Options

Silver linings!

And being too pretty can be intimidating. You won't be approached if a guy hasn't learned the 'reach out of your league once in a while, you might surprise yourself' rule yet. And many people simply fear rejection. :smirk:

Haha...I understand the concept of too pretty, just not as it applies to me. I'm afraid I still see myself as the girl who "would be so pretty if she would just lose some weight..." They say the mind catches up eventually!
  • sufferlandrian
    Options

Maybe she it's not that she likes Dr. Who. Maybe she just hates Daleks. :smile:
  • bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,474 Member
    Options
    I just caught up from this morning...the whole convo about bitchy eyebrows made me laugh! Never heard of that either. I've been accused of having resting b*tch face at work.