Welcome to Fun and Games! Many of the discussions in this category are games based on responding to the most recent comment. Please take a moment to refresh the page and make sure you are replying to the most recent comment to keep the game going!

The official nightshift thread....

Options

Replies

• sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,205 Member
    Options
    I hate records, I hate records, I hate records......
    *accidentally spills coffee on your papers* Soooo....that solves the problem, right?

That should do it. :smile:
  • BodyByBex
    BodyByBex Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    UGH! Hormones! Why must you make me INSANE?!
  • Frankie_Felinius
    Frankie_Felinius Posts: 1,398 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    I used Neutrogena Rain Bath shower gel tonight for the first time and it has a kind of herbally medicated smell, which I kinda dig. After my shower, my fiance bathed our dog with a medicated soap. He has to let it sit for 10 minutes so I sat in there and chatted with my fiance while he was waiting. Now both smells are stuck in my nose! I'm getting a little overwhelmed and that was over 2 hours ago. Poor Nash. He just stands in the tub for the whole 10 minutes looking at us pitifully. Pit-i-ful pit-a-bull is what we call him. Such a good boy, though!
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    What's the dog's medicated shampoo for?
  • Frankie_Felinius
    Options
    What's the dog's medicated shampoo for?
    He has been battling a skin condition for probably a year now. He smelled very corn chip-y and was itchy so we thought it was yeast overgrowth. Treated that and it came back. We put him on a grain-free diet thinking maybe gluten allergies, still no luck. It usually affects his "armpits" and undercarriage...itchiness, redness, hairloss, skin gets "elephant-y" looking. Last month he had a patch on his chest that got all bald and pink. He looked like he had a vulva on his neck! It is still hairless on that spot. He's been on antibiotics, steroids, antihistamines. The only thing that has kept it from getting too out of control is weekly Hexadene baths. Poor guy...

• dixilexi
    dixilexi Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    2nd shift reporting in just got off work a little bit ago
  • DylanThomas2
    DylanThomas2 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    welcome dixi I am kind of working sitting on the computer procrastinating when i should be writing.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    @Frankie_Felinius - Has anyone checked her thyroid yet? The staph infection your describing should have cleared if the skin is kept dry. If the immune system is down, it will always come back once things like antibiotics are done. Seborrhea Oleosa and Hypothyroidism are two things that are pretty common with dogs that would keep that from clearing up.
  • BodyByBex
    Options
    Doing my foot patrol rounds and I exit Lab 2. I start heading in the direction of Lab 4, and I'm SURROUNDED!

Deer. Deer EVERYWHERE! There must have been like 20 of them, all standing there...staring. I begin to picture the scene in the Ring 2, where the deer all start charging at, and ramming the car. I freak out a little. With my heart pounding, I stand there. One deer to my left hisses and stomps in my direction, and I run SCREAMING for my life to Lab 4.... Right now, I feel like an idiot...

But at the time it seemed COMPLETELY JUSTIFIED!

Everyone who saw it on camera called when I got back to the office to laugh at me, but I know ONE person who won't be dying from a deer attack anytime soon. :sunglasses:
  • Frankie_Felinius
    edited June 2015
    Options
    @Frankie_Felinius - Has anyone checked her thyroid yet? The staph infection your describing should have cleared if the skin is kept dry. If the immune system is down, it will always come back once things like antibiotics are done. Seborrhea Oleosa and Hypothyroidism are two things that are pretty common with dogs that would keep that from clearing up.

I really appreciate your suggestions. I'll be passing these along so my fiance can bring these up at Nash's next vet appointment. Poor guy is a medical disaster...bum hips before one year of age, a chronic skin condition, possible hypothyroidism...sheesh...he's lucky he's such a good enough dog to spend $ on! ;) We love our pooch and hate to seem him uncomfortable! Aaaand not a fan of my sheets sometimes smelling like Frito Bandito sleeps in our bed!

On a side note: One of our cats, we don't like. We love him, that is why he still has a home, but we don't like him. He has always had a really troubled tummy and pukes up EVERYTHING (I have no idea how he lives). If you handle him roughly (I put that very loosely. Our other two cats love to get their butts practically beaten.), he goes into the corner and dry heaves for 10 minutes. A few years ago he peed blood once. His eyes are crap. (Since he was 2, his eyes have always had that haze that older cats get.) We always threaten him and say "If your treatment costs more than snuffing you...I've got bad new for you, buddy!" We're kidding of course. To an extent...

On a side side note: If hypothyroidism in dogs is as difficult to get a diagnosis with as humans...it is going to be a long road! (I've struggled with hypothyroidism (undiagnosed) symptoms since about 10 years old and each year I develop more/worsening symptoms yet I can't get a doctor to listen once my blood tests come back "normal"...but that is a whole other story...)
  • Frankie_Felinius
    Options
    Doing my foot patrol rounds and I exit Lab 2. I start heading in the direction of Lab 4, and I'm SURROUNDED!

Deer. Deer EVERYWHERE! There must have been like 20 of them, all standing there...staring. I begin to picture the scene in the Ring 2, where the deer all start charging at, and ramming the car. I freak out a little. With my heart pounding, I stand there. One deer to my left hisses and stomps in my direction, and I run SCREAMING for my life to Lab 4.... Right now, I feel like an idiot...

But at the time it seemed COMPLETELY JUSTIFIED!

Everyone who saw it on camera called when I got back to the office to laugh at me, but I know ONE person who won't be dying from a deer attack anytime soon. :sunglasses:

Hahaha! Such a good visual from the description!

• sufferlandrian
    Options

I really appreciate your suggestions. I'll be passing these along so my fiance can bring these up at Nash's next vet appointment. Poor guy is a medical disaster...bum hips before one year of age, a chronic skin condition, possible hypothyroidism...sheesh...he's lucky he's such a good enough dog to spend $ on! ;) We love our pooch and hate to seem him uncomfortable! Aaaand not a fan of my sheets sometimes smelling like Frito Bandito sleeps in our bed!

On a side note: One of our cats, we don't like. We love him, that is why he still has a home, but we don't like him. He has always had a really troubled tummy and pukes up EVERYTHING (I have no idea how he lives). If you handle him roughly (I put that very loosely. Our other two cats love to get their butts practically beaten.), he goes into the corner and dry heaves for 10 minutes. A few years ago he peed blood once. His eyes are crap. (Since he was 2, his eyes have always had that haze that older cats get.) We always threaten him and say "If your treatment costs more than snuffing you...I've got bad new for you, buddy!" We're kidding of course. To an extent...

On a side side note: If hypothyroidism in dogs is as difficult to get a diagnosis with as humans...it is going to be a long road! (I've struggled with hypothyroidism (undiagnosed) symptoms since about 10 years old and each year I develop more/worsening symptoms yet I can't get a doctor to listen once my blood tests come back "normal"...but that is a whole other story...)

Diagnosis of hypothyroidism in dogs is easy and I can do it right in clinic in about 15 minutes. Love the description of the cat. :smile: That's not the cat that walked on the green paint is it?
  • BodyByBex
    Options
    I'm HERE! And it's my FRIDAY! I can't wait to go home and sleep until the sun goes NOVA.
  • BodyByBex
    Options
    And I'm all alone... :disappointed:
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Almost. :smile: I do hear crickets outside. :smile:
  • BodyByBex
    Options
    Just got back from my rounds and we have crickets EVERYWHERE! They are even getting into the buildings at this point. It's a bit ridiculous.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Why can't all the spiders that want to crawl through my office eat some of the crickets that want to hop through my clinic?
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    Why can't all the spiders that want to crawl through my office eat some of the crickets that want to hop through my clinic?
    EW! Lol...at least it's not roaches *shudder*
  • bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,474 Member
    Options
    You guys are having way more exciting nights than I am lol. Not necessarily a bad thing though
  • bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,474 Member
    Options
    So I shut the thread down again last night lol!!

How's it going this evening? I'm in the last half of my shift and can just see my weekend off.