Welcome to Fun and Games! Many of the discussions in this category are games based on responding to the most recent comment. Please take a moment to refresh the page and make sure you are replying to the most recent comment to keep the game going!

The official nightshift thread....

Options

Replies

• BodyByBex
    BodyByBex Posts: 3,685 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    OH GOSH! TEAM NAME!

PANDORA'S BOX!!!!!

ehh..I'm second guessing it...might be too obvious. I still like it all the same though... :wink:
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    Oh man ferrets! That's exactly what we needed. And I like Pandora's Box, but agree it might be a bit obvious, maybe we can come up with some clever play off it it?
  • ereck44
    ereck44 Posts: 1,170 Member
    Options
    Trying to catch up with the night shift thread.

I am all for increasing the minimum wage pay but decrease cost of insurance----please. I haven't gotten a raise in 8 years....most of the nurses I work with got a cost of living raise but because I am per diem even though I do work full time....nothing. Our cost of living increased too, guys....just ranting.
    Also decrease the cost of education....I worked with a guy who had finished his 7th night in a row of work...I asked him if he was trying to pay off his student loans...and he said, "yes". He was pretty fried after 7 nights in a row.

Oh yes, I keep a set of golf clubs near the door of my house. It wouldn't help at work though. Maybe swinging a driver at a prowler may scare him away. My husband put in security cameras....feel a little safer living in the city.

I think the mentally ill are not getting the help that they need. No help in dealing with the stress...and then drugs and alcohol are so available...gee.

• bunchesofoats
    bunchesofoats Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Just discovered the night shift thread! Hi from Chicago!
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    Hi welcome!
  • BodyByBex
    Options
    ereck44 wrote: »
    Trying to catch up with the night shift thread.

I am all for increasing the minimum wage pay but decrease cost of insurance----please. I haven't gotten a raise in 8 years....most of the nurses I work with got a cost of living raise but because I am per diem even though I do work full time....nothing. Our cost of living increased too, guys....just ranting.
    Also decrease the cost of education....I worked with a guy who had finished his 7th night in a row of work...I asked him if he was trying to pay off his student loans...and he said, "yes". He was pretty fried after 7 nights in a row.

Oh yes, I keep a set of golf clubs near the door of my house. It wouldn't help at work though. Maybe swinging a driver at a prowler may scare him away. My husband put in security cameras....feel a little safer living in the city.

I think the mentally ill are not getting the help that they need. No help in dealing with the stress...and then drugs and alcohol are so available...gee.

This...

Oh and I'm on my 11th night straight. Wont get a 'day off' until Thursday night. Maybe.
    Student loans... bleh....
    But I'm not totally fried yet! :sweat_smile:

We have a position that needs filling desperately, one person out for back surgery and 2 others on vacation. So, basically HOLY OVERTIME BATMAN!

Yup.
  • BodyByBex
    Options
    Just discovered the night shift thread! Hi from Chicago!
    Welcome! :grin:
  • BodyByBex
    edited July 2015
    Options
    RANDOM:
    So, anyone have any good non-prescription remedies for Tinea Versicolor?

I currently use Selsun Blue shampoo as a body wash in the shower, leave it on for 10 minutes and rinse. I've taken a single 400 mg Fluconazole dosage for it on Thursday morning and was told to exercise into a vigorous sweat and not shower for at least 8 hours after(gross). I also have a prescription 2% Ketoconazole cream(expensive) that I was told to use twice a day.
    This seems to be working for the most part and skin coloration should return to normal in a couple months. :smiley:

BUT for the time being I cannot use any lotions and I smell (as Sgt. Sexy Pants put it) "vaguely reminiscent of a rotting mushroom." :bawling:

I will continue to use the cream for 4 weeks as my doctor prescribed but there has GOT to be something out there besides using Selsun Blue as a body wash every day to prevent a recurrence...hopefully something that smells better? :persevere:

The fungal rash is quite extensive all across my back, stomach, chest, and had even made it to my shoulders and arms!

ETA: I just realized that the only 'doctor' we probably have in the house is @sufferlandrian but if anyone has personal experience with this condition I would love some feedback. You can even PM if you're too embarrassed to put anything here.

Although, I don't know why you would be embarrassed, everyone has yeast on their skin, some of us (about 8% of the population) are just better growers! :smiley:
  • jennifer_417
    edited July 2015
    Options
    I haven't had experience with your condition, but have you tried tea tree oil? It tends to be good for all kinds of skin conditions, I believe.

ETA: My roommate claims it smells like turpentine, but I actuallly find it a somewhat pleasant, astringent-type smell. Probably better than rotting mushrooms?
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Hey I recognize the name 2% ketoconazole! I have very mild eczema that primarily affects me on my face, mainly my cheeks. I use a combination of the cream and ketoconazole shampoo as a face wash to keep it in check. I also 2nd what @jennifer_417 mentioned. Haven't tried it myself but I have heard it's good too.
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    Please, someone tell a joke, or I just might end up shanking someone tongiht...#aintinthemood
  • BodyByBex
    Options
    @lacroyx and @jennifer_417 Definitely going to put some effort into the tea tree oil along with a dash of cinnamon and use coconut oil as my carrier oil and see what happens...
  • riirii93_
    riirii93_ Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    Hi guys! Just joining in on here now :) I'm from chicago too, bunches of oats!
  • BodyByBex
    Options
    I just realized Bunches of Oats is what my Sgt Sexy Pants is in my phone...now I need to change it...>.<
  • riirii93_
    riirii93_ Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    lol! too close to home lila?
  • BodyByBex
    Options
    riirii93_ wrote: »
    lol! too close to home lila?

Yup. I called him that because our first conversation I was explaining my LOVE for Honey Bunches of Oats with Almonds!

Calling him 'Honey' is just too generic. :grin:
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    Please, someone tell a joke, or I just might end up shanking someone tongiht...#aintinthemood

I told my boss I needed a raise to stay at work because there are three different companies showing interest in me.
    He asked me which companies and I told him, "The gas, electric, and cable ones"
  • BodyByBex
    Options
    lacroyx wrote: »

I told my boss I needed a raise to stay at work because there are three different companies showing interest in me.
    He asked me which companies and I told him, "The gas, electric, and cable ones"

Haha!
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    I have just discovered that one of the worst things about working night shift is that there are no ice cream places open when I get off work.
  • bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,474 Member
    Options
    I love the name Pandora's Box and I totally agree with all junk food having less than 200 calories a serving with huge serving sizes.

As for the wage debate, I see both sides but it's not doable with the way businesses run now. I have collage debt of over $60,000 and I make just over $17 an hour. Working 911. My fiancé is a deputy and is only making decent money but he's been doing it for over 6 years now with the same agency. Most days, my collage degree is nothing but a burden and it shouldn't be that way at all.