Welcome to Fun and Games! Many of the discussions in this category are games based on responding to the most recent comment. Please take a moment to refresh the page and make sure you are replying to the most recent comment to keep the game going!

The official nightshift thread....

Options

Replies

• bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,474 Member
    Options
    Just catching up (bc I didn't read everything earlier), I use tea tree oil on my scalp with Head and Shoulders as the carrier. Keeps my dandruff and oil issue up there under control. I even use the special one and still need the tea tree oil. Hope that works for you! I think it smells better than the medicated shampoo lol
  • belimawr
    belimawr Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    I have just discovered that one of the worst things about working night shift is that there are no ice cream places open when I get off work.

Even in a place like NY, there is no nothing good open when I get off of work.
  • BodyByBex
    BodyByBex Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    Just catching up (bc I didn't read everything earlier), I use tea tree oil on my scalp with Head and Shoulders as the carrier. Keeps my dandruff and oil issue up there under control. I even use the special one and still need the tea tree oil. Hope that works for you! I think it smells better than the medicated shampoo lol

Still working it out. I HOPE this works because I can't afford $35 doctor appointment and then $50 for a tube of the Ketoconazole cream every week! Yes, the 'infection' is so wide spread the tube that was supposed to last a 'normal level of infection' a month and a half lasted me a WEEK!

So I'm hoping coconut and tea tree oil works. :pensive:
  • bethanie0825
    Options
    I hope so too!!
  • BodyByBex
    Options
    All I have to say in regards to my super long shift is 'bra chaffing'(weight loss is a good thing but I am NOT financially ready for new bras yet and I don't have time for this *kitten* dammit!) and 'CURSE YOU AMAZON.COM!'

• jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    Bras are expensive when you get into the bigger sizes! I use to wait till Lane Bryant had their big yearly sale to stock up. It's a little easier now that I'm "just" a DD, buthe still not cheap.
  • sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,215 Member
    Options
    I just had one of the local vets do a very nice thing. They were out of town and we treated his dog for tracheal collapse. The dog was here most of the weekend and we kept it going under sedation. He got back in town and took over but he couldn't get the dog to wake up without more breathing problems and ended up putting him down. He just stopped by and gave me a very nice card to say thanks for all we did. That really helps when you're having the week from hell.
  • BodyByBex
    Options
    I just had one of the local vets do a very nice thing. They were out of town and we treated his dog for tracheal collapse. The dog was here most of the weekend and we kept it going under sedation. He got back in town and took over but he couldn't get the dog to wake up without more breathing problems and ended up putting him down. He just stopped by and gave me a very nice card to say thanks for all we did. That really helps when you're having the week from hell.

I bet it does. I think I might buy myself some flower tomorrow...
  • BodyByBex
    Options
    I'm struggling with my self image a bit today. I feel unattractive and my self worth is plummeting. I really want to bake something to make myself feel better. Not necessarily eat it, but bake it.

I'm leaning towards Lemon Cakes...

http://www.innatthecrossroads.com/2011/03/27/lemon-cakes/

• BodyByBex
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Now I am angry. I anticipate a run with the dog when I get home. I only hope poor Tessa can keep up.

ETA: I feel like @Frankie_Felinius ran this freaking thread. Her being on vacation has caused a serious slow down in this place.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    Why are you feeling so bad about yourself? You're so pretty! I hope you feel better soon.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    @lilaclovebird - You have nothing to be ashamed of with your looks. Everyone wants to look better than they do and society would want us all to look like movie stars or models. Well we all could if we had enough money to do nothing but work out at the gym with personal trainers and have cooks at our beck and call or enough money to have the plastic surgeon to a nip and tuck here and there. That's not reality. With all the media bombarding us with how we should look, I'm surprised more women aren't on medication for depression. They are relentless!!! Unfortunately for women, it never ends. Even as you age, they want you to look like you did when you were 16. It's great being a guy. When you get older, you can wear shorts and black socks and now one cares. :laugh: Tough it through this episode and pretty soon you'll be back on track.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    They are stripping and refinishing the floors tonight. It's tough working around them. RRRRRRRRGGGGG!!
  • javimendoza
    javimendoza Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    i am sleepy.... :( six more hours to go....
  • bethanie0825
    edited July 2015
    Options
    She def keeps it going **at this point I put a smiley face and like 6 more lines. It freakin disappeared!

Grrr....basically I'm on vaca and have a sinus infection. And I'm getting married Tuesday and I want to feel human. I'm going to bed now. I give.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Married with a sinus infection? Pretend you're crying with happiness. :smile:
  • BodyByBex
    Options
    It's beginning to hit me...omg...I've lost almost 40 pounds...Woah....bruh.

*Faints*
  • brettb97
    brettb97 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Bras are expensive when you get into the bigger sizes! I use to wait till Lane Bryant had their big yearly sale to stock up. It's a little easier now that I'm "just" a DD, buthe still not cheap.

Just a DD!!! :)
  • BodyByBex
    edited July 2015
    Options
    brettb97 wrote: »

Just a DD!!! :)

@brettb97 Yes. She said 'Just a DD.'

uktvbguoy0kz.jpg

My size isn't even ON there....I'm a 32J.... WILL THEY EVER SHRINK?! :bawling: *cries in corner*

ETA: I can't wait until I'm just a F again....