Welcome to Fun and Games! Many of the discussions in this category are games based on responding to the most recent comment. Please take a moment to refresh the page and make sure you are replying to the most recent comment to keep the game going!

The official nightshift thread....

Options

Replies

• jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    Oh and this coworker of mine, Carla, whose father ALSO doesn't know the Japanese bombed Pearl Harbor, has reproduced.

FIVE TIMES with FIVE DIFFERENT guys.....smh....I don't understand it.

And here I can't even get a date. What am I doing wrong? Lol!

• BodyByBex
    BodyByBex Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    Oh and this coworker of mine, Carla, whose father ALSO doesn't know the Japanese bombed Pearl Harbor, has reproduced.

FIVE TIMES with FIVE DIFFERENT guys.....smh....I don't understand it.

And here I can't even get a date. What am I doing wrong? Lol!

Maybe you aren't dumb enough?

4c1i9louwwhf.jpg
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    Sigh...figures.
  • belimawr
    belimawr Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    What!? The Chinese bombed Pearl Harbor?

What? They did?

I specifically remember in one of educational and motivational films at college that the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor.
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    belimawr wrote: »
    What!? The Chinese bombed Pearl Harbor?

What? They did?

I specifically remember in one of educational and motivational films at college that the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor.

What college did you go to?

• belimawr
    edited August 2015
    Options
    I'm always thoroughly impressed with people when I watch the show "What Would You Do?". Always suprised how many people stand up for others. I have little to no faith in humanity and that show makes me warm and fuzzy inside...even teared up a little before...

I lose faith in humanity tbh because that show sets people up, stages those situations, with the sole purpose of embarassing those who don't "do right" just to get ratings. Granted, those who don't do the wrong thing, are well, wrong; that show however just plays on ignorance to gain ratings. It's as morally absent as those who don't stand up.
  • Sparky_1113
    Sparky_1113 Posts: 2,888 Member
    Options
    There is a stinky skunk just outside the door (somewhere)
    A nosey mouse running across the floor
    Oh when will this night shift end,
    I cannot take much more...
  • sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,229 Member
    Options
    @lilaclovebird - So here is some "Faith in Humanity" filler. We had a young group of kids, not one was over 20, who were driving from Missoula to Kalispell. They saw a dog hit on the side of the road and didn't want it do die there alone. They picked it up and drove it 2 hours here to the emergency clinic. The dog turned out to have some minor abrasions and a concussion. The kids pooled all their money and paid for it to be treated rather than continue with their vacation. They drove back down and posted flyers on the lost dog. The following day they picked up the dog ready to go back home. They were more concerned about a dog they didn't know than they were about going out on their mountain bikes and shredding trail. I couldn't help it. I ate the cost of treatment and sent them on their way so they still had money to have their vacation.
  • Frankie_Felinius
    Frankie_Felinius Posts: 1,398 Member
    Options
    Aww...that is a heart warmer.
  • BodyByBex
    Options
    @lilaclovebird - So here is some "Faith in Humanity" filler. We had a young group of kids, not one was over 20, who were driving from Missoula to Kalispell. They saw a dog hit on the side of the road and didn't want it do die there alone. They picked it up and drove it 2 hours here to the emergency clinic. The dog turned out to have some minor abrasions and a concussion. The kids pooled all their money and paid for it to be treated rather than continue with their vacation. They drove back down and posted flyers on the lost dog. The following day they picked up the dog ready to go back home. They were more concerned about a dog they didn't know than they were about going out on their mountain bikes and shredding trail. I couldn't help it. I ate the cost of treatment and sent them on their way so they still had money to have their vacation.

AWWWW!!! I'm tearing up over here.

:heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:
  • belimawr
    Options
    @sufferlandrian Dude, that was an awful nice thing you did.
  • Frankie_Felinius
    Options
    I had to break up with my hippie shrink. I haaaate trying to find a new psychologist! She came highly recommended and has helped 3 people I know, so I had high hopes. We had our third session the other day and she started be saying shizz that didn't even make sense. She then gave me a "tool" that is intended for relaxation, yet is mentally and physically painful for me and then told me to use that tool out in my daily life...even though it CLEARLY did the opposite of relaxing me. I'm on the fence about meds (sooo many bad experiences, none great) and she keeps asking me about this genetic metabolic testing that costs $10k but "with insurance, might be as low as $200". I told her I haven't made a decision about meds yet so considering pricey testing that is solely for determining meds isn't high on my priorities list. And then to top it all off...as I was leaving...she sighed.

I'm hopeless enough, lady! You SIGHED as I left?! I know I'm a lot to handle and hearing my history sounds like a lot of work to be had but sheesh...that was somewhat defeating...

On to the next one, I guess...
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    For the win!!!!!

• BodyByBex
    Options
    For the win!!!!!

I'm not sure who gave me more faith in humanity, those kids or @sufferlandrian ....
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    It's my birthday!
  • BodyByBex
    Options
    It's my birthday!

HAPPY DAY OF BIRTH!

It's my 6 monthiversary at my new job! I'm officially off probation! :smiley:

It's also exactly 7 months since I've seen Douche Canoe!

It's also my 3rd anniversary since I've joined MFP! Although it took until THIS year for me to get my *kitten* together enough to actually lose weight. I'm thinking about putting my original starting weight on here but I'm afraid I will see how far I've come and settle for where I am right now. :disappointed:
  • Frankie_Felinius
    Options
    It's my birthday!

Happy Birthday!

• Sparky_1113
    Sparky_1113 Posts: 2,888 Member
    Options
    It's my birthday!

Happy Birthday Jennifer!
  • BodyByBex
    Options
    @jennifer_417 Any special plans for today?
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    Dinner with the fam on Monday, then a movie night Tuesday.