Welcome to Fun and Games! Many of the discussions in this category are games based on responding to the most recent comment. Please take a moment to refresh the page and make sure you are replying to the most recent comment to keep the game going!

The official nightshift thread....

Options

Replies

• BodyByBex
    BodyByBex Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    i've been up all night at work but its a one off! does that make me a night shifter?

Any work done at night(studying included) I think makes you a nightshifter.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    It's beginning to hit me...omg...I've lost almost 40 pounds...Woah....bruh.

*Faints*
    That's an awesome accomplishment!

• WildcatMom82
    WildcatMom82 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    I'm struggling with my self image a bit today. I feel unattractive and my self worth is plummeting. I really want to bake something to make myself feel better. Not necessarily eat it, but bake it.

I'm leaning towards Lemon Cakes...

http://www.innatthecrossroads.com/2011/03/27/lemon-cakes/

Meeeeee too. I'm going to make blueberry oatmeal cake tomorrow because we went blueberry picking last weekend and I have a crap ton. I'm in the fat happy phase of dating and have gained back the weight I lost after the holidays. Which kind of puts a damper on the happy :s
  • IrishMiner76
    IrishMiner76 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Good day nightshifters, 4am ish in Ontario Canada, beautiful summers night and only 2 hours to go ! I love this 6pm-6am shift, what shift are you guys on ? my full rotation is.. 4days, 3off, 3nights, 1 off, 3 days, 3 off, 4 nights,7off then repeat...
  • SportyCanuckChick19
    SportyCanuckChick19 Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    Im in Ontario as well.. three hours to go!.. Full time is 3 days 1 night then 5 off.. hang in there!
  • ruffalicious
    ruffalicious Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    Its 4:26am and I won't get off work until 7. I am struggling today, I also have zumba at 11. Can somebody talk to me so I won't fall asleep lol
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    I'm only into my 2nd hour of my 8hr shift o(╥﹏╥)o But I can't complain too much. I work tomorrow then I have 5 days off!!!
  • LacednLace
    LacednLace Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    I love the name Pandora's Box and I totally agree with all junk food having less than 200 calories a serving with huge serving sizes.

As for the wage debate, I see both sides but it's not doable with the way businesses run now. I have collage debt of over $60,000 and I make just over $17 an hour. Working 911. My fiancé is a deputy and is only making decent money but he's been doing it for over 6 years now with the same agency. Most days, my collage degree is nothing but a burden and it shouldn't be that way at all.

Apparently I need to move over one town and work with ya'll. That's over $4/hr difference from what I make. And I'm dealing with Fayetteville....seriously.....

I can't complain too much about student loans. I started out with 4k, im down to 2.4k. But I still have a few years of school left, plus bills, plus a bad car accident that costs over 40k to settle, an ex husband I need to pay the divorce and child custody attorneys for, and my son. So yeah......I'm all for raising the minimum wage (with relative raises for everyone else as well) but not to 15$. Minimum wage jobs (part time or full time) aren't intended to lead luxurious lives. They're intended to pay the bare minimum and keep you going or allow you to save before moving out of a parents/friends place
  • belimawr
    belimawr Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    ** Rant Warning **

Apparently even with family my forehead says "Welcome".

My fam likes to use my house as a vacation home because of where I live. When I visit my sister, I always bring food, because she has none. Well she's visiting me this weekend. As usual I get a a text, "I don't want to be running around" with a shopping list. Sure. And I'll do it. Because I get off of work at 7am, and instead of sleeping I can go get your groceries so you can eat what you and your kids want. Oh and what will she be doing while I'm shopping? Sleeping.

I get the whole host thing, and that part I don't mind, but I provide for family when I visit and get visited, and always take care of them at my inconvenience.

No small wonder I normally stay in my house and be a hermit. With fam like this, who needs to associate with others?

Sorry. Ugh I just had to get it out.
  • LacednLace
    LacednLace Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    belimawr wrote: »
    ** Rant Warning **

Apparently even with family my forehead says "Welcome".

My fam likes to use my house as a vacation home because of where I live. When I visit my sister, I always bring food, because she has none. Well she's visiting me this weekend. As usual I get a a text, "I don't want to be running around" with a shopping list. Sure. And I'll do it. Because I get off of work at 7am, and instead of sleeping I can go get your groceries so you can eat what you and your kids want. Oh and what will she be doing while I'm shopping? Sleeping.

I get the whole host thing, and that part I don't mind, but I provide for family when I visit and get visited, and always take care of them at my inconvenience.

No small wonder I normally stay in my house and be a hermit. With fam like this, who needs to associate with others?

Sorry. Ugh I just had to get it out.

I have to side with you on that one. Don't get me wrong. I wouldn't mind going to get groceries after work to help since I'm already up. But the least others can do is be a host to you and be respectful of you hosting them. Simply asking instead of sending the list would've been nicer and even offering to help keep up with the house or make dinner would've been good from them. I hope things ease up soon.
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    Ugh. It's so hard to stand up to family, isn't it? Somehow we feel way more obligated to put up with their garbage than anoyne else's.
  • CurvesCreations22
    CurvesCreations22 Posts: 1,076 Member
    Options
    Its very true. Family does drive you crazy. You can't choose your family but you can choose your friends. They give you guilt trips too.
  • sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,216 Member
    Options
    OK, back at it. Almost had a night off. Got called in after a tech quit and was a no show. Would have been nice if she had decided that before her shift started.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    I crossed that relative bridge years ago. After not talking to my family for two years and not visiting for six years, they got the hint and they don't expect anything but company when I visit or they visit.
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    OK, back at it. Almost had a night off. Got called in after a tech quit and was a no show. Would have been nice if she had decided that before her shift started.

Ugh. What was her beef? Sorry you have to work!
  • BodyByBex
    BodyByBex Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options

Some people just don't like to work....I mean I would rather be at home in my bed right now and not being angry/cranky with Sgt. Sexy Pants but that's life, so here I am.

But I also have loyalty to a fault. If a place is kind enough to employ me AND treat me with respect, I will bend over backwards because I know they could turn around and find someone else.
  • belimawr
    belimawr Posts: 1,155 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Ugh. It's so hard to stand up to family, isn't it? Somehow we feel way more obligated to put up with their garbage than anoyne else's.

Yeah.

Then when she got to my house, she hadn't even fed her kids, and demanded I set up food for them in the middle of having to get ready for work.

Then handed me yet another, very specific shopping list.
    I crossed that relative bridge years ago. After not talking to my family for two years and not visiting for six years, they got the hint and they don't expect anything but company when I visit or they visit.

I wish I were that good... I'm one of those people that will sacrifice my others for friends or family... even if a friend told me that they needed me to help them out, but in doing so I had to jump in front of a moving train... I'd do it.

Friends and family have this way of... making me feel like sh** if I don't do what they ask. Yet, if I need help, "sorry, you're on your own."
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    She decided that she "couldn't give 100% to both work and home." She is starting a couple projects at home and has visions of the Emu farm making her hundreds of thousands of dollars. Of course since she quite work, she doesn't have any income to be able to start that project and her "Boyfriend" isn't working so he doesn't either. They moved in to a cabin with no power or water. They are hauling water from the stream below the house. But hey, she doesn't need any income to get that project up and running, right?
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    I'm more of a "hey, get what you want out of the fridge/cupboards, otherwise, dinner is at xx o'clock" kind of host. I think if someone tried to be that kind of guest, I would make sure I was too busy for company every time they wanted to visit from then on out.
  • jennifer_417
    Options

Some people just don't like to work....I mean I would rather be at home in my bed right now and not being angry/cranky with Sgt. Sexy Pants but that's life, so here I am.

But I also have loyalty to a fault. If a place is kind enough to employ me AND treat me with respect, I will bend over backwards because I know they could turn around and find someone else.

Yeah, that's true. I suspect @sufferlandrian is a good boss, I would be surprised to find out otherwise. I tend to be very loyal to my place of work, wherever that may be. I like the job I have now and hope to be here for a good while.

Why are you angry with the Sgt, or are you just angry in his general vicinity, if you don't mind me asking?