Welcome to Fun and Games! Many of the discussions in this category are games based on responding to the most recent comment. Please take a moment to refresh the page and make sure you are replying to the most recent comment to keep the game going!

The official nightshift thread....

Options

Replies

• Frankie_Felinius
    Frankie_Felinius Posts: 1,398 Member
    Options
    hamptontom wrote: »
    Hiya. I didn't die. Everything thing went fine...results in a few weeks. He said everything looked "pretty good"...which is oddly enough NOT what I wanted to hear...I wanted to know there is a reason for all my problems! Interesting tidbit...when I came out of anesthesia...I was clenching my jaw like a mothertrucker. What?! Even anesthesia doesn't relax my body completely? It doesn't suprise me, really...

i apologize for not knowing the backstory, but...what's going on?

I got DP'ed. Yup. You read that right. Uptown and downtown scopes. Colonoscopy and endoscopy. Fun!

And if you're asking about the "problems"...digestive problems from top to bottom and errywhere in betwixt...I'm sure you can assume the deets...

Talk about TMI! :D
  • Frankie_Felinius
    Options
    @lilaclovebird I did post the first one and will be posting the others for sure...posted a pocket making pic today....I LOVE Instagram!
  • sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,244 Member
    Options
    Slow night. I think I might get a nap. :smile:
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    @lilaclovebird - you should totally join IG!
  • Frankie_Felinius
    Options
    WARNING! WARNING! WARNING!

Instagram can be addictive.
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    I'm on IG! I don't post often but I follow a bunch of celebrities.
  • lacroyx
    Options

Wish I could do the same.
  • Frankie_Felinius
    Options
    lacroyx wrote: »

That you with the purple chopsticks?
  • lacroyx
    Options
    lacroyx wrote: »

That you with the purple chopsticks?
    The Mace Windu Star Wars lightsaber ones?! XD Yeah

• Frankie_Felinius
    Options
    Oh! I forgot!

I bought a Snow White costume probably two years ago, maybe three...didn't fit at the time...didn't fit the following years either...IT FITS NOW! Soooo....I just need to get a wig and I'm set for Halloween this year! My kiddo was doing homework in the living room and I came out while trying it on...you would have thought the real Snow White walked in...it was jaw-dropping for her...literally. She made me pose, twirl, pose again. Cute.

Any plans for any of you? No kids isn't an excuse! Before we had a rugrat, we'd hand out candy in costume. I think my fiance is going as Trump. Elka has chosen the good ol' classic witch.
  • BodyByBex
    BodyByBex Posts: 3,685 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Oh! I forgot!

I bought a Snow White costume probably two years ago, maybe three...didn't fit at the time...didn't fit the following years either...IT FITS NOW! Soooo....I just need to get a wig and I'm set for Halloween this year! My kiddo was doing homework in the living room and I came out while trying it on...you would have thought the real Snow White walked in...it was jaw-dropping for her...literally. She made me pose, twirl, pose again. Cute.

Any plans for any of you? No kids isn't an excuse! Before we had a rugrat, we'd hand out candy in costume. I think my fiance is going as Trump. Elka has chosen the good ol' classic witch.

If I were at my old job, Halloween being on a Saturday would have me ECSTATIC! Sadly, it is not one of the holidays we can request off here at MD Anderson and I will be working. Dressed up as a Public Safety Officer(my usual uniform). But I hope everyone else can have a good time! :grin:

ETA: The last time I REALLY celebrated Halloween, I ended up with a new hole in my face.
    I got my nose pierced....not sure I wanna do that again....
  • lacroyx
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Oh! I forgot!

No clue what I am doing for Halloween. I have no kids nor have I celebrated it in years. I think the last time I did anything fun on Halloween was 2003? I've always worked that night/weekend of Halloween. This year I may take the weekend off though it depends on what my gf wants to do. Congrats on the Snow White costume fitting!
  • BodyByBex
    edited September 2015
    Options
    I KNOW how to ACTUALLY edit a post I swear!
  • Frankie_Felinius
    Options
    I cannot WAIT to see that new Everest movie in 3-D. I read the book Into Thin Air years ago about the particular climb the movie is about. Kuh-razy. I remember the one of previews at the minions movie (which I had 3-d glasses on then) wa showing moutainous stuff and it blew my hair back! We typically don't go to the theater but I really want to see this one in that setting!!!
  • BodyByBex
    Options
    I cannot WAIT to see that new Everest movie in 3-D. I read the book Into Thin Air years ago about the particular climb the movie is about. Kuh-razy. I remember the one of previews at the minions movie (which I had 3-d glasses on then) wa showing moutainous stuff and it blew my hair back! We typically don't go to the theater but I really want to see this one in that setting!!!

I don't. Movie Theaters are cold enough as it is!
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    Snarking at me the milisecond I open the door? Nope, sorry, I don't have any rooms for you.
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    OK, there were other factors involved, but that definitely didn't help.
  • mhiggi02
    mhiggi02 Posts: 5,988 Member
    Options
    Who's snarking. I'm not an "official" nightshifter.....just up early
  • hamptontom
    hamptontom Posts: 536 Member
    Options

I got DP'ed. Yup. You read that right. Uptown and downtown scopes. Colonoscopy and endoscopy. Fun!

And if you're asking about the "problems"...digestive problems from top to bottom and errywhere in betwixt...I'm sure you can assume the deets...

Talk about TMI! :D

man...they had to do them both at the same time? that's asking a LOT of somebody.

i hope it means they come up with some answers...but if they're already telling you that "everything looks good", you might want to consider asking for copies of your results so you can get a second opinion.

and, hey....EVERYBODY - i need Instagram handles, pronto. ME: prodigalhippie

see you guys over there, if you're so inclined.

for now, though...gym did me in. gonna hit the hay.
  • Frankie_Felinius
    Options
    @hamptontom Your instrument lineup! The pedal steel, the banjo, the mandolin, the dobro...man...impressive! I'm a big bluegrass/newgrass/roots/Americana/old timey whatever you wanna call it...fan! Listening to the pedal steel in a song yesterday morning is what started the waterworks! The mournful, wailing sound from that just HIT me. I'm not a religious person...I always say "music is my church"...and those instruments are the makers of the sermons!