Welcome to Fun and Games! Many of the discussions in this category are games based on responding to the most recent comment. Please take a moment to refresh the page and make sure you are replying to the most recent comment to keep the game going!

The official nightshift thread....

Options

Replies

• hamptontom
    hamptontom Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    I would but I'm a daywalker during the week, and I'm particularly exhausted tonight. I'm lucky to have another hour in me! But till 10:30ish, hey I'll gladly help you overshare.

oversharing works best when it's mutual. get your rest and we'll live to overshare another day. :)
  • hamptontom
    Options
    Dude! I'm still here, just treating a Newfie that was hit by a bus and only has bruised muscles. Lucky dog. :smile:

that's one badass canine, right there. wow.
  • bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    Not too much of an over sharer but I can always try real hard lol
  • hamptontom
    Options
    Not too much of an over sharer but I can always try real hard lol

hey - i don't know if oversharing is a requirement or not...if it were, those of us who do it wouldn't be so obvious. :)
  • sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,244 Member
    Options
    I really need to get back to exercising. I have been so busy with work and home, I'm just spent and had to call it quits on the exercise for a little while.
  • bethanie0825
    Options
    I haven't been allowed to and it's killing me. Had my heart echo yesterday morning so hopefully I'll be cleared at my next appt in a couple weeks. The humidity is gone and it's been beautiful out.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    When do they give you the results?
  • bethanie0825
    Options
    I see the dr again on October 2nd. So I guess between now and then, no news is good news :)
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    I don't understand why in veterinary medicine people get all bent out of shape if it takes more than 24 hours to get results but they are fine with it taking a month or more in human medicine. They charge more and take more time to get the results. We need to tell human doctors to get their act together and speed things up.
  • bethanie0825
    Options
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    If your dog has metastatic cancer and it's vomiting blood. Don't ask me to fix him. I'm not Oral Roberts. I can't smack your dog on the forehead and say, "BE HEALED!!" Thank goodness the people were reasonable and when I told them I couldn't fix him and recommended euthanasia, they agreed to keep him from suffering more.
  • MelaniLight
    MelaniLight Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    Poor dog. :'(
  • belimawr
    belimawr Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    when I told them I couldn't fix him and recommended euthanasia, they agreed to keep him from suffering more.

Some people are reasonabe, for sure. Many think only of themselves, and keep the poor thing alive rather than help end its suffering.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Will this night never end?! I'm tired and I'm tired of putting animals down. I'm ready to go home and hug the kids and go to bed.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    Will this night never end?! I'm tired and I'm tired of putting animals down. I'm ready to go home and hug the kids and go to bed.

Hope you get some rest!
  • bethanie0825
    Options
    @sufferlandrian I hope you got some much needed rest.
  • bethanie0825
    Options
    Get to hang out in my communication center alone tonight. My partner is out sick. Boo
  • _Primal_
    _Primal_ Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    Spooky alone and in the dark
  • hamptontom
    Options
    I'm evening IT/Helpdesk/Network support...and i'm the only guy in the office - and LOVE it. the music gets turned up a little louder, and I can actually get stuff done. (All the while reading this week's version of "how do i spot reduce my stomach?" in the other forums)
  • bethanie0825
    edited September 2015
    Options
    I wish it was dark but we have to keep the hallway lights on and the light comes in thru frosted windows. I wish I could vampire it out.

I don't mind too much. I get control of the tv, no huffing when the officers call in traffic stops, and I can keep my phone turned up. It's the little things lol