Welcome to Fun and Games! Many of the discussions in this category are games based on responding to the most recent comment. Please take a moment to refresh the page and make sure you are replying to the most recent comment to keep the game going!

The official nightshift thread....

Options

Replies

• belimawr
    belimawr Posts: 1,155 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    See, things always get weird with the in workplace relationships, sorry to say.

re: instagram, I do no social media at all. I loathe Facebook most of all. Surprising I even know what they are at all. :)

@frankie_felinius, that really sucks, I could never do that on my long day.
  • sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,244 Member
    Options
    I don't instagram either. I barely have time for work, biking and this. Facebook is right out. There is no way I have time to read all the posts about somebody else going to a restaurant or their kids elementary school graduation.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    I probably spend way too much time on social media, but I spend less time on FB than any of them. It seems to have devolved into people posting memes and taking political potshots at one another, not that many people seem to post much about their actual lives anymore.
  • hamptontom
    hamptontom Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    I probably spend way too much time on social media, but I spend less time on FB than any of them. It seems to have devolved into people posting memes and taking political potshots at one another, not that many people seem to post much about their actual lives anymore.

oh, man. not me. i'm probably the worst. so bad, in fact, that on occasion, i have awkward conversations with people who i barely recognize who have crazily in-depth conversations with me about stuff that probably shouldn't be public knowledge.

an artist that i tour with on occasion had a gig at the Philadelphia Folk Festival this summer, and invited me to accompany him...since I lived there for so long, it was a pretty familiar stop for me. i bumped into a woman in the hospitality tent backstage who was a friend of a friend and we had a ten minute conversation where she told me that she thought I handled the breakup of my marriage beautifully, and went on to elaborate, therapist-style...she apparently had been following the whole thing via my Facebook page - and other than a few perfunctory mentions, I was totally under the impression that I hadn't made any more of a deal about it than some people make of their pets or Donald Trump.

i was friendly and accomodating through the whole conversation, but when she walked away, i just kinda stood there dumbfounded for a minute or two - i don't know that i mentioned my ex more than five or six times all summer long, and one or two of them was when i went to visit them not long after they moved out...all amicable mentions, no venom or vengeful stuff at all. still, though - it was a bit of an eye opener.

when i said i was the king of oversharing, i wasn't joking. :)

(i'm not hard to find on FB, either...if anyone wants to stop over, i'm all about that.)
  • hamptontom
    Options

ETA: To be honest I think he is shocked I took it so well and was so calm during our talk. I'm dealing with TOM right now so even I'M a little surprised. Not one tear was shed until right before I fell asleep thinking to myself about how it wasn't fair. When I woke up, I realized life isn't fair. So I journaled it, weighed in, did some strength training, and moved on.

man...this stuff is SO hard to navigate.

i'm sure this has crossed your mind already, and you've probably already discussed it, but...

...is there any means by which either one of you could have been reassigned in some manner that would've taken you out of his chain of command?

my erstwhile ex actually got a job where she lives now because the prior librarian had become romantically involved with the vice-principal, and they let her transfer to another open position...so she actually got her new job because of an opening created because of this very kind of thing.

just thinking (typing) out loud. you really ARE handling remarkably well.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    She works in a pretty limited field so changing positions would probably involve relocation but I like your thinking. :smile:

I was here until 10 AM this morning tacking the stomach on a 197 lb Mastiff. I love this dog! She is an absolute sweetheart! Her owner is very nice to work with also. Why can't all my patients and owners be this nice? I probably just jinxed myself. :laugh:
  • belimawr
    belimawr Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    ^ sometimes you just get lucky, I guess.

I agree though, it would be nice if people in general were a lot nicer. Then I could go back to my natural self, I would think. I hope.
  • BodyByBex
    BodyByBex Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    She works in a pretty limited field so changing positions would probably involve relocation but I like your thinking. :smile:

I was here until 10 AM this morning tacking the stomach on a 197 lb Mastiff. I love this dog! She is an absolute sweetheart! Her owner is very nice to work with also. Why can't all my patients and owners be this nice? I probably just jinxed myself. :laugh:

Changing positions/shifts would definitely involve relocation. Unless I want to work in histology and the weird/terrible part is, if I get a degree, and change departments, I would be taking a pay cut.
    The police department gets paid more than the majority of the researchers here!

I am actively thinking about getting a degree in psychology and then applying for the Austin City Police Department. They need more women and if I can remaster my Spanish I'll get a dual language bonus after passing the exam.

@sufferlandrian I LOVE really big dogs! My mom says we can't have an extra large dog because Tessa is as big as she wants to go. Tessa is about 65-75 pounds. She managed to coerce my dad into going for a walk with us, so she really is an amazing fursonal trainer!
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Ha Ha! I love the Fursonal trainer. :smile:
  • BodyByBex
    edited September 2015
    Options
    I painted my nails today, I did my hair, I did my ab workout while dealing with TOM (even though it makes me feel like I'm working an antique hand water pump *gush* :dizzy: ). I've lost an inch on my hips and my underwear doesn't fit well anymore and it's making me cranky!

ETA: I think I win at the oversharing. :flushed:
  • hamptontom
    Options
    I had a favorite acronym for the baggy underwear thing, but it's kinda gender specific:

N.I.P.S.

(Nuts In a Pillowcase Syndrome.)
  • BodyByBex
    Options
    hamptontom wrote: »
    I had a favorite acronym for the baggy underwear thing, but it's kinda gender specific:

N.I.P.S.

(Nuts In a Pillowcase Syndrome.)

Wouldn't that happen with normal temperature fluctuation?
    They rise up when it's too cold, don't they? That would definitely create a little bit of bagginess as well.

My coffee that I am spending my HARD EARNED 'delicious points' on is not living up to my expectations...*sigh*
  • BodyByBex
    Options
    30 minutes and then I have TWO NIGHTS OFF! Thursday night I have choir practice and a potential date. We'll see...I might postpone. I dunno...
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    I opened a Monster and drank about 1/4 of the can. We got busy so when we got a break I went to the kitchen and grabbed another Monster. I got back to my desk and realized I know have two Monsters open. I'm not throwing one out. I'll have to drink them both before I leave this morning. :smile:
  • hamptontom
    Options

Wouldn't that happen with normal temperature fluctuation?
    They rise up when it's too cold, don't they? That would definitely create a little bit of bagginess as well.

My coffee that I am spending my HARD EARNED 'delicious points' on is not living up to my expectations...*sigh*

sucks about your coffee...do you have options?

RE: temperature - i lived in the frigid northeast for 25+ years, and I don't know that I ever got cold enough to experience that phenomena...unfortunately, i'm that guy that sweats at the drop of a hat. One of my exes used to call me "her radiator".

So, no...this was simply a matter of too much space. The new ones, though, are perfect. :)
  • hamptontom
    Options
    alright, guys...look: if @lilaclovebird has two days off, some of the rest of us are gonna have to pick up the slack.

don't leave it up to me, man...i'm totally in an oversharing mood tonight. :)
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    I would but I'm a daywalker during the week, and I'm particularly exhausted tonight. I'm lucky to have another hour in me! But till 10:30ish, hey I'll gladly help you overshare.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    They call me Dr. Feel Good! He's the one gonna make everything alright....

I'm so grateful for pain meds. My patients are too.
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    I would but I'm a daywalker during the week, and I'm particularly exhausted tonight. I'm lucky to have another hour in me! But till 10:30ish, hey I'll gladly help you overshare.

ETA: N.I.P.S.=hilarious!
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Dude! I'm still here, just treating a Newfie that was hit by a bus and only has bruised muscles. Lucky dog. :smile: