Welcome to Fun and Games! Many of the discussions in this category are games based on responding to the most recent comment. Please take a moment to refresh the page and make sure you are replying to the most recent comment to keep the game going!

The official nightshift thread....

Options

Replies

• BodyByBex
    BodyByBex Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    Emergency Assistance Phone Test is complete.
    About to do my first set of rounds after I change this stupid radio battery because it keeps BEEPING AT ME! :angry:
  • sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,239 Member
    Options
    On to records. My least favorite part of the night.
  • BodyByBex
    Options
    On to records. My least favorite part of the night.

I just paid some bills. Excuse me while I slip my cranky pants on....
  • Justing1516
    Justing1516 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Hey all
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Howdy! :smile:
  • BodyByBex
    Options
    I'm becoming almost obsessed with watching Animal Wonders Montana on YouTube.....I just watched a porcupine get his teeth trimmed! :lol:
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Maybe they can start taking the sent glands out of skunks and putting them back in the wild.
  • RealDealVarela
    RealDealVarela Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Almost done work. First day of nightshift. Wow I don't know if I'm awake or asleep
  • BodyByBex
    Options
    Maybe they can start taking the sent glands out of skunks and putting them back in the wild.

NOOO! They NEED those glands. And it's not like spraying is the first thing that they do. They try to run first and if they can't get away, they glare at you and stomp their little feet at you. Then they charge at you and then back away to show you their colors. If you STILL come after them, they turn around, aim, and spray you (aiming for the face). Because of the compounds in the oily substance that they spray, it burns your skin, can cause temporary blindness, and smells so bad it may cause you to vomit.
    While you are suffering all of that, it allows the skunk to get away safely.
    I like skunks. I think they are cute.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Not here in Montana. The first thing they do is spray, ask question later. I think we have militant skunks. :smile:
  • BodyByBex
    Options
    Not here in Montana. The first thing they do is spray, ask question later. I think we have militant skunks. :smile:

It's a possibility that their scent glands are more developed and they have an easier time making their 'stink spray' which can take up to 5-10 days if they use it all at once.

Most Texas skunks, in my experience, have NEVER sprayed. They run away, or charge you and YOU run away.
    I've even had one walk up to me and sniff my foot while doing rounds! He ran away once he realized how big I was.
    Their eyesight isn't that great, but I thought for SURE his sense of smell would have caught him on...
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    Almost done work. First day of nightshift. Wow I don't know if I'm awake or asleep
    Oi. Welcome to the dark side! You'll get used to it eventually.
  • bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    Ah Monday, we meet again.

I just made the comment to my hubby the other day that I'm much more concerned with animals than I am people. If we could move to the middle of nowhere; just us and animals, I'd be way okay with that. I hate people that are mean to animals. For both of our shepherds, we're house #3 and they've both just turned 2 (at least we think). At least do a bit of research before you get any animal so you know what you're in for. Grr....

And night shift gets easier, promise. Welcome!
  • belimawr
    belimawr Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    First day back from vacation, hating it already.

Wish I were back on the trails.
  • bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    It's def a Monday feeling shift. No one wants to be here lol
  • Frankie_Felinius
    Frankie_Felinius Posts: 1,398 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    It is my Friiiiiiiday!

My witch makeup? Frickin' awesome. Green shimmery skin! It was a lot of fun! Today is black and orange...ew. Wednesday is werewolf but I think I'm going to skip that one. I'm not really inspired by that one and that is going to be a busy day...gotta get new tires put on my car and we are going camping later that day.

Hopefully I'll have pink hair by the time I come back. My hair is still a gross minty color...like a blonde who spends a lot of time in pools. I've been shampooing daily with harsh shampoos but it is still icky. If it was just pale blue, I could live with a pinky/lavendery color but these yellow/green tones are gonna muck it up. Fingers crossed...

@jennifer_417 I don't mind the rants...I'm prone to them as well...better us nightwalkers hear it than the guests! ;)
  • BodyByBex
    Options
    It is my Friiiiiiiday!

My witch makeup? Frickin' awesome. Green shimmery skin! It was a lot of fun! Today is black and orange...ew. Wednesday is werewolf but I think I'm going to skip that one. I'm not really inspired by that one and that is going to be a busy day...gotta get new tires put on my car and we are going camping later that day.

Hopefully I'll have pink hair by the time I come back. My hair is still a gross minty color...like a blonde who spends a lot of time in pools. I've been shampooing daily with harsh shampoos but it is still icky. If it was just pale blue, I could live with a pinky/lavendery color but these yellow/green tones are gonna muck it up. Fingers crossed...

@jennifer_417 I don't mind the rants...I'm prone to them as well...better us nightwalkers hear it than the guests! ;)

True that!

I would do something involving whiskers for the whole werewolf thing.
    I have black and orange on my toes! I did them myself on one of the days I had off a while ago. I don't know how long ago it was.....Actually, it's probably a miracle the polish has stayed on this long without requiring any touch ups....

@bethanie0825 I definitely agree on the research!
    I researched methods for training dogs before we went and got Sandi and Tessa because our last pair of dogs were beagles and needed trained and required extensive amounts of exercise and time. All of which we didn't have or even think about before we got them. They ended up going to a beagle retirement farm and we got post cards from them for the holidays and condolence cards when they each passed.

I researched a LOT before getting my first ferrets. I wish SO much I would have taken advice of other people who had ferrets and put locks on all the cabinets. I didn't know how much little Misty LOVED getting into cabinets and she eventually got outside that way.... *sigh*

Live and learn on that one. But she had a good life while I had her for sure. Now I take extra special care of the ones I have currently and they are SPOILED little rodents!(Note: I know they are not actually rodents and are members of the order Carnivora and are in the Mustelidae family)
  • Frankie_Felinius
    Frankie_Felinius Posts: 1,398 Member
    Options
    I love mustelids. I love tube-bodied animals...
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Tonight is as dead as the last three were busy. It did give me a chance to get on the trainer. I can use google maps on it so I was riding in Sardinia tonight. :smile:
  • BodyByBex
    Options
    I love mustelids. I love tube-bodied animals...

And their FACES!!!

xtn7wmn4ja9l.jpg