Welcome to Fun and Games! Many of the discussions in this category are games based on responding to the most recent comment. Please take a moment to refresh the page and make sure you are replying to the most recent comment to keep the game going!

The official nightshift thread....

Options

Replies

• Frankie_Felinius
    Frankie_Felinius Posts: 1,398 Member
    Options
    That is what I keep telling myself so I don't completely lose my cool!
  • belimawr
    belimawr Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    So....I'm here. Unfortunately, as a preemptive measure, I am off caffeine for the foreseeable future.
    Been having some chest tightening, heart racing, blood pressure issues whenever I have a cup of coffee. I wanna cry about it but it's just such a first world problem.

Could I possibly be working out too hard and all of my muscles are inflamed at once?! My pooping is on POINT, so I have no idea what could be causing this.
    I have lost an inch on my bust, an inch on my waist and 2 inches on my hips so...I'm just going to avoid that nasty thing with the blinky numbers... :grumble:

So what? Cry about it... I don't get this "first world problem" thing. I heard a newscaster use the term the other morning. Now all of a sudden we demean ourselves for living in this part of the world? Eff it, you find you wanna b**** about something, then do it. The small stuff can add up ya know. Then everything becomes big. Ask me how I know, and I still haven't learned...

As far as the scale, if your actual measurements show you're loosing size, then by all means go by that. That is what you want, right? I wish I could find one or two, but too lazy to look, of the articles that say size, not weight, is what matters here.
  • belimawr
    Options
    @belimawr - Wow! Love the photos. Is that a Salamander?

Yes.

I wasn't expecting it, I just happened to look down, and saw it at the side of the path. Snapped the better of the photos - actually took ten minutes with the mediocre lenses I had with me. A few paces later I found one eating the mushroom. Couldn't get a properly focused shot of that one no matter how I tried. I think I spent another ten minutes on that one. :/
  • belimawr
    Options
    @suferlandrian yeah some people are just hard to train and need extra attention... hope you get it sorted out and can help the guy out.
    I went to bed around 1:30 pm...woke up by children screeching in the backyard (through EARPLUGS) around 4:30. I shut the window, turned both fans up as high (and as loud) as they would go. Woke up at 6:30...no way I was going back to sleep. Guess I'm on that five hour train again...

The other day I had the same problem... the kids from the corner house (three houses down) were running through MY yard screaming and yelling, and throwing rocks at my house. They were playing games, nothing malicious intended, as I have never even met the family in five years of living here, so I know I don't have a problem with them. Just kids, I suppose. I never went to see the parents either as I wasn't decent looking at the time and later forgot about it, but if it happens again, I will be there.
  • sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,241 Member
    Options
    I love my house. Short of my neighbor breaking out the pneumatic hammer to brake his brakes free. I've never heard them.
  • BodyByBex
    BodyByBex Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    I love my house. Short of my neighbor breaking out the pneumatic hammer to brake his brakes free. I've never heard them.

Our 'new' neighbors are building their house right now...they laid the foundation like 4 days ago.
    They put up a RANDOM gate at the end of their driveway which no one really likes but we're in a rural area so no one will say anything.
    They are noisy but they are behind us and my bedroom is on the front end of the house so they are about 4 acres away through trees, so I don't hear much of ANYTHING.

@belimawr I did cry a little when my mom asked me if she wanted me to have her make me a pot of coffee. I was sad.
    Being from the Seattle area, coffee is like my comfort food. :cry:
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    Other than the lawn guy mowing under my window for what seems like 3 hours at a stretch, which only happens ever 1.5 weeks, there isn't much in my neighborhood to keep me awake.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Time to hit the exercise bike. I can only slack for so long.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Never made it to the bike. Changed my clothes and a client came in. We figured out what was wrong with her dog and while I was telling her, she passed out. I had to call the ambulance and send her to the human hospital. Not my best night. That's my second one tonight. The other one passed out when I opened the wound on her dogs leg to see what was needed to fix it.
  • BodyByBex
    Options
    Never made it to the bike. Changed my clothes and a client came in. We figured out what was wrong with her dog and while I was telling her, she passed out. I had to call the ambulance and send her to the human hospital. Not my best night. That's my second one tonight. The other one passed out when I opened the wound on her dogs leg to see what was needed to fix it.

Wow....some people just don't have the constitution to handle stuff like that...
    Hopefully everyone involved is recuperating.
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    News flash: If you get a bigger, nicer room than everyone else in your group, you're not gonna get the same rate. Also, walking away muttering under your breath how next time you'll stay across the street ain't gonna get you anything. And no, I'm not at all impressed that "this isn't your 1st year here."
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    You guys let me know if you ever get tired of my passive-aggressive rants that I can't tell to the people that actually annoy me, mkay?
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    I went to bed around 1:30 pm...woke up by children screeching in the backyard (through EARPLUGS) around 4:30. I shut the window, turned both fans up as high (and as loud) as they would go. Woke up at 6:30...no way I was going back to sleep. Guess I'm on that five hour train again...

Aaaand I thought I had that neckline figured out...turns out, I don't. I actually had to rip out a shizzton of seams I already stitched because I misunderstood a step. I brought my stuff & machine to work so I can work on it here. I'm pretty sure I know what to do now but jimeny christmas...so.much.work...so many mistakes...so.much.more.work...
    Try to think of it as time invested. Like, yeah, this project is hard and time-consuming because you're learning as you do it, but it's a new skill that you'll have for the rest of your life.
    Also, teaching yourself how to do something like that is kinda a big deal. So, really, you should be proud of yourself!
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    I hate it when patients die. It's not been a good weekend.
  • BodyByBex
    Options
    I hate it when patients die. It's not been a good weekend.

Well...my kitty Shade has made a remarkable recovery. I even watched her catch, kill, and eat a moth in our living room. :grimace:
  • BodyByBex
    Options
    I hate feeling like I always have to defend the animal testing we do where I work.
    Why can't these people go take issue with a puppy mill or a fur farm?
    At least what we're doing helps people. Jeebus.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    I hate feeling like I always have to defend the animal testing we do where I work.

AMEN Sister!!! I can't believe when there are so many people treating animals so poorly in things like puppy mills and just flat out neglect, that animal rights groups aren't taking issue with that. Last winter we had animal control bring in a dog that had frozen to the driveway and the owner called the following day because the owners just left it there to freeze to death. First off. They don't freeze to the driveway unless they are sick. So why didn't the owner take it to the vet. Second, if it does freeze to the driveway, it's sick, take it to the vet! We were able to fix the dog. It was diabetic and the shelter took it in. So where were the animal rights and animal welfare people for that dog? Where were they for the horse that had to wade through belly high mud to get to moldy hay because the owner didn't want to walk through the mud to put out good hay. Where were they then?

Don't get me started!!! :angry:
  • BodyByBex
    Options

AMEN Sister!!! I can't believe when there are so many people treating animals so poorly in things like puppy mills and just flat out neglect, that animal rights groups aren't taking issue with that. Last winter we had animal control bring in a dog that had frozen to the driveway and the owner called the following day because the owners just left it there to freeze to death. First off. They don't freeze to the driveway unless they are sick. So why didn't the owner take it to the vet. Second, if it does freeze to the driveway, it's sick, take it to the vet! We were able to fix the dog. It was diabetic and the shelter took it in. So where were the animal rights and animal welfare people for that dog? Where were they for the horse that had to wade through belly high mud to get to moldy hay because the owner didn't want to walk through the mud to put out good hay. Where were they then?

Don't get me started!!! :angry:

I remember getting one of my ferrets(Misty, may she RIP) from a gentleman who said he had had her two weeks and they handled her everyday and she had just had a bath and her nails trimmed. They kept her in this TINY 12 by 12 by 24 inch cage! I wanted to STRANGLE HIM! Her cage bedding looked as though it had NEVER been changed, her nails were like FREAKING TALONS(just clipped them my @$$!) and all of her toys were rolling through her feces! I was so mad. Once we got the ferret into the truck I told him I hope he never gets it into his head to try an care for another animal and that it was a f*cking MIRACLE his daughter appeared clean and well cared for.

:rage:
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Where are the welfare and rights groups when it comes to making pet ownership a privilege instead of a right? Not everyone should be able to own an animal. Especially if there is a history of things like abuse, neglect or running puppy mills. Why don't they care about that?
  • BodyByBex
    Options
    I don't know @sufferlandrian. I don't know. *sigh*