Welcome to Fun and Games! Many of the discussions in this category are games based on responding to the most recent comment. Please take a moment to refresh the page and make sure you are replying to the most recent comment to keep the game going!

The official nightshift thread....

Options

Replies

• jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    Cute costume! It's kinda starting to sound like you're just not that into this guy, though?
  • Frankie_Felinius
    Frankie_Felinius Posts: 1,398 Member
    Options
    You look adorable!

I'll have to post ours once the grandmas send the pics they took. We were the only parents dressed up that I saw. I almost came to work in costume but the wig was driving me batty. On the way out to my mom's house, we got pulled over by the cops for our license plate light being out. My fiance just bought the car two weeks ago and didn't have proof of insurance yet either. He comments on our costumes and we say we are heading to grandma's just up the road. He asks for our IDs and heads back to his car. A little fyi...my mom has been a telecommunicator/dispatcher for the state police for nearly my whole life...and we have the same uncommon last name...and her significant other is an state trooper (it sounds weird to say boyfriend but technically that is what he is...they've been together a long time though). He came back and told us to have a good night. Phew! So thanks, mom who never married and kept her maiden name and thank ME for not marrying yet...I think my last name got us out of some trouble. Not that it would have been much trouble, we have insurance but still...little hassle to prove it and get the ticket cleared. Anyway, other than that, we had a good night!

@jennifer_417 My MIL is like that...I can't tell you how many times she has helped us out over the years! One time we were EIGHT dollars short for rent. EIGHT effin' dollars. She gave us the eight bucks plus some extra so we wouldn't be stressed. A few years in a row she gave us cash PRIOR to Christmas so we could buy gifts for everyone without such a burden...only to give us more cash as a gift. She was very poor when my fiance was young so she knows what it is like to struggle. I mean, we still struggled and I'm glad she let us...it really helped us appreciate what we have now...which isn't a whole lot but we have a home with a big fenced in yard, cars that go plus an exta one for pleasure, multiple pets, we can afford to pay our bills and whatever classes for the kiddo, go out of town for overnights, go out to eat, etc. It is enough for us at this point and if I had it easy throughout my twenties...I certainly wouldn't appreciate these things like I do now. (I'm so not trying to brag...I mean let's be honest...that isn't a lot to brag about...some people would be down right ashamed that is "all" they had...just showing examples of things I'm grateful for now that I haven't always had.)
  • Frankie_Felinius
    Options
    @lilaclovebird Do you normally dislike an eager, very interested person? Or is it him in particular that isn't floating your boat? If he was not so available, would that pique your interest a lil' more or would you still feel meh about him?
  • Frankie_Felinius
    Options
    DST...daywalkers get an extra hour of sleep...us...an extra hour of work. Hmm...
  • BodyByBex
    BodyByBex Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    @lilaclovebird Do you normally dislike an eager, very interested person? Or is it him in particular that isn't floating your boat? If he was not so available, would that pique your interest a lil' more or would you still feel meh about him?

I do not mind being pursued by an eager, interested person. It's the very that's really getting me here. Although, I'm pretty sure I'm kind of 'meh' about him in general and I'm either just trying to find a legitimate GOOD reason to give him the bad news or I'm trying to like him and it's just not happening.

The fact is, he finds me SUPER attractive and that's great but I'm not feeling that about him. It's not that he's unattractive physically, but I'm not seeing anything IN him that's getting my engine revving. I like stimulating conversation and he's not great at that. He doesn't have a favorite anything and when I go for the opposite and ask his least favorite of something, he doesn't have one of THOSE either.

There is something really unattractive about someone who has NO opinions about anything. And I can't tell if he ACTUALLY has no opinions about anything or if he is being careful about what he says around me. Both options are bad on that one because if you have NO opinions on anything, you're uninteresting, and if you're being careful about what you say around me, then that tells me you're more interested in getting me as a prize than telling me who you actually are. If you want someone to desire you, you have to show them who you are first!
    DST...daywalkers get an extra hour of sleep...us...an extra hour of work. Hmm...

I actually was JUST grumbling about this to myself. I can only grumble to myself because my boss got flooded into his house so he's stranded and can't leave.
    This is likely to happen again multiple times in the coming weeks. Lucky *kitten* :grumble:

Cute costume!
    Especially considering I threw it together in less than 20 minutes and never done this costume before(I used to always opt for the 'sexier things'). Thank you!

My friend Alycia says I'm REALLY good at making costumes out of ordinary things in a flash. She didn't have a costume for a party we were bartending last year, so I took an old Bulgarian skirt my mom had, a peasant top that I had sewn, and a black corset with some scarves and made her into a gypsy! People LOVED IT!
    I take one item, in this case it was the hat, that I have and work totally around it. In the case of the gypsy, it was this belly dancer scarf(with all the jinglies on it) and I worked totally around that.

It's funny because I'm TERRIBLE with regular clothes and putting an outfit together, but I can do GREAT costumes! :lol:

• jennifer_417
    Options

@jennifer_417 My MIL is like that...I can't tell you how many times she has helped us out over the years! One time we were EIGHT dollars short for rent. EIGHT effin' dollars. She gave us the eight bucks plus some extra so we wouldn't be stressed. A few years in a row she gave us cash PRIOR to Christmas so we could buy gifts for everyone without such a burden...only to give us more cash as a gift. She was very poor when my fiance was young so she knows what it is like to struggle. I mean, we still struggled and I'm glad she let us...it really helped us appreciate what we have now...which isn't a whole lot but we have a home with a big fenced in yard, cars that go plus an exta one for pleasure, multiple pets, we can afford to pay our bills and whatever classes for the kiddo, go out of town for overnights, go out to eat, etc. It is enough for us at this point and if I had it easy throughout my twenties...I certainly wouldn't appreciate these things like I do now. (I'm so not trying to brag...I mean let's be honest...that isn't a lot to brag about...some people would be down right ashamed that is "all" they had...just showing examples of things I'm grateful for now that I haven't always had.)

I'm really grateful for her help, and it really does make things so much easier for me...I guess I just feel like...maybe I should get past needing help from my mom at some point? Like, I'm not very good at adulting, y'know? I realize that it just doesn't always work that way, but I still feel like I'm being irresponsible somehow...especially since she helped pay for the car in the 1st place.

• jennifer_417
    Options

Ugh, right? However, I'm glad most of the Halloween craziness kept itself outside these doors, at least.
  • sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,239 Member
    Options
    @lilaclovebird - Cute costume! You're looking good. :smile:

Oh I don't want to start paperwork. At least I have another hour to do it. :smile:
  • BodyByBex
    edited November 2015
    Options

Ugh, right? However, I'm glad most of the Halloween craziness kept itself outside these doors, at least.

I had to turn my radio off of scan. WAY too much craziness going on in Bastrop and Smithville tonight. Makes me with wish this Halloween wasn't on a freaking Saturday...
  • Frankie_Felinius
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Luckily it has been very quiet here.

@jennifer_417 I hear ya...90% of the adulty things I do are because of my kid...no way you would have caught me being remotely responsible before her! And my fiance is a very responsible, adulty kind of person so I try to make good choices so I don't disappoint him. Before I dated him, I was interested in his buddy. Thank-god we never got together (or another dude like him) because we are the same type of person (hedonistic, irresponsible, live today worry later, instant gratification kinda people). We'd be a combo of drug addled, in jail, dead, have kids we couldn't care for, hustling for money cause we couldn't keep jobs. Just being realistic...I know me. My fiance doesn't have to do anything to keep me "good"...I realize it kinda sounds that way...it is just being with someone "better" than me motivates me to stay well-behaved...but if I had someone that was the same way...we'd be in serious trouble. I'm not saying YOU are like this but I know what ya mean in feeling you should be better at adulting than you are or feel you are..
  • BodyByBex
    Options
    For you @Frankie_Felinius :

2wfqr20679eg.jpg
  • BodyByBex
    Options
    For both @Frankie_Felinius and @jennifer_417 and myself:

npy1wd890fx9.jpg
  • BodyByBex
    edited November 2015
    Options
    This is SO WEIRD! It's FREAKING DAYLIGHT and I'm NOT HOME YET?!?! :astonished:
  • belimawr
    belimawr Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    @lilaclovebird that was excellent job. Sometimes our best work comes under pressure, no?

I was supposed to go out last night, never really happened. I was wearing my house clothes... Homer Simpson pajama pants and an old, oversized flannel shirt, when it hit me... with some stubble I already had, messed up longish hair, and an old oversized pair of jeans I became a washed up hair band star. So, that's what I was.

Now back to playing with awk and organizing (or trying to) gigs of photos...

Oh, speaking of which... from Thursday... Worthington State Park, and again, a different segment of the Appalachian Trail.
    r6vred1vikkj.jpg
    1ekb8rbpncle.jpg
    to4yxeuo90cs.jpg
    5edq5xs4o5do.jpg
    5aib3426potq.jpg8eg1lzf9ln0b.jpg
    bv6feo03ralt.jpg

(hey forum guys? You really need to fix attaching images while I'm still typing my message... A novice could do better than you "pros")
  • sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,239 Member
    Options
    @belimawr - Beautiful photos! I'm jealous. :smile:
  • jennifer_417
    Options

npy1wd890fx9.jpg
    This is 276% accurate.
  • BodyByBex
    Options

npy1wd890fx9.jpg
    This is 276% accurate.

Yup. True facts.

So, today, got a phone call from Sergeant Young @ 6:30pm asking me 1)If he woke me up. Note: In the event that someone ACTUALLY wakes me up with a phone call, you WILL know it. and 2) if I could work 11pm-11am tonight instead of just 11-7...uh.. yeah.

So here's to 12 hour shifts and may all my hard work and dedication eventually earn me a raise!
    :relaxed:
  • Frankie_Felinius
    Options
    The adult cat one made me lol!

@belimawr Gorgeous! Several years ago I spent Oct/Nov in Virginia/West Virginia...I could not get over how beautiful the East coast is! SO MANY TREES!
  • BodyByBex
    Options
    On the Lee front:
    I received a suggestion to inform him that I am not looking for anything serious and he seems to be and I don't want to lead him on or get his hopes up so it would be best if we stopped seeing each other.

I was about to send him a text letting him know that I'm not really interested in seeing him again and stuffs. But my horoscope said not to, so I didn't. Yes, I'm one of THOSE people. I normally just use it as something fun to think about, but when it gets pretty specific about certain things, I try to listen as best I can to the will of the universe.

In addition, I haven't received a text from him in over 12 hours! That's a record! :mrgreen:
  • BodyByBex
    Options
    I don't want to do anything. Not the phone test, not my rounds. I desperately want to do nothing.