Welcome to Fun and Games! Many of the discussions in this category are games based on responding to the most recent comment. Please take a moment to refresh the page and make sure you are replying to the most recent comment to keep the game going!

The official nightshift thread....

Options

Replies

• BodyByBex
    BodyByBex Posts: 3,685 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    pie_eyes wrote: »
    What's up

This statement says to me "I'm bored and boring. Entertain me."
    I do not tolerate messages like this from my real life friends, boyfriends, or internet acquaintances.
    I also really do not mind informing you that it is not our job to entertain you. Either bring something interesting to the conversation, get inquisitive and ask a real question about something you have already read, or get the smurf out.

ETA: I should have slept more today because I am obviously cranky, but I stand by my statements.
  • sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,201 Member
    Options
    What's up

Think I'm going to have to take a towel out of a dog.
  • BodyByBex
    edited December 2015
    Options
    What's up

Think I'm going to have to take a towel out of a dog.

Didn't you do this earlier this year...?

ETA: Why do dogs eat towels anyway?
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    I do it about once a month. The dogs smell something on it or they are playing with it or they are exhibiting nervous behavior and start chewing on them. Once they start to get it in the throat, the swallow reflex kicks in the they take it down rather than throw it up. The esophagus stretches further than the Pylorus so they can get them in the stomach but it's harder to get them to pass all the way out.
  • pie_eyes
    pie_eyes Posts: 12,965 Member
    Options
    What's up

I do not tolerate messages like this from my real life friends, boyfriends, or internet acquaintances.
    I also really do not mind informing you that it is not our job to entertain you. Either bring something interesting to the conversation, get inquisitive and ask a real question about something you have already read, or get the smurf out.

ETA: I should have slept more today because I am obviously cranky, but I stand by my statements.

Uhh my bad?

• sufferlandrian
    Options
    What's up

Uhh my bad?

It's OK. What are you up to tonight? :smile:
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Still can't take that dog to surgery. Just found out we have a pet sitter because the owner is in jail so it will be tomorrow before we can get permission. Hope it lasts that long.
  • BodyByBex
    Options

What's up

Uhh my bad?

My apologies, @pie_eyes. Turns out I just needed to steal some of the coffee that is "For Graduate Students Only"
    Which is code for "In Case of ALL Night Time Caffeine Emergencies".

:smile:

Side note: I may be having a little TOO much fun chasing the deer around with the Kubota tonight.... :flushed:
  • BodyByBex
    Options
    Still can't take that dog to surgery. Just found out we have a pet sitter because the owner is in jail so it will be tomorrow before we can get permission. Hope it lasts that long.

ANOTHER reason why I do not do many illegal and/or high risk things is because I have 2 dogs, 2 cats, 2 ferrets, and 2 parents to take care of!
  • pie_eyes
    Options

Uhh my bad?

It's OK. What are you up to tonight? :smile: [/quote]

I slept in a depressive state all day so now I'm wide awake playing video games. Nothing completely interesting.
    My apologies, @pie_eyes. Turns out I just needed to steal some of the coffee that is "For Graduate Students Only"

Side note: I may be having a little TOO much fun chasing the deer around with the Kubota tonight.... :flushed:

Its okay and mmm I'm ready for some coffee. Right now I just got tea which is good too :)
  • BodyByBex
    Options

I slept in a depressive state all day so now I'm wide awake playing video games. Nothing completely interesting.

Its okay and mmm I'm ready for some coffee. Right now I just got tea which is good too :)

I am a BIG tea fan at home. I use it mostly to relax and wind down rather than a pick me up.

What video games do you play?
  • pie_eyes
    Options
    I like tea at night or the late evening. Like I said I'm making coffee once daylight breaks and start the day as if my weekend wasn't a bummer. Lol.. there may be a day bender though. Who knows.

And I play GTA Online
  • BodyByBex
    Options
    Oh my gosh.

You know knowledge is power. You know what knowledge would have been nice to have??

Just like...an email maybe, that says "Republic Waste Services will be dropping off a new container on Wednesday."
    The reply e-mail would have been like "Oh thanks facilities for keeping us, your police department, informed so I will let them on campus."

But did I GET such an email?!

no.

*puts on cranky pants*

• sufferlandrian
    Options
    I hate when I tell clients, "Make sure I can reach you on your phone in case something goes wrong" and when I call, no one answers.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Oh my gosh.

You know knowledge is power. You know what knowledge would have been nice to have??

Just like...an email maybe, that says "Republic Waste Services will be dropping off a new container on Wednesday."
    The reply e-mail would have been like "Oh thanks facilities for keeping us, your police department, informed so I will let them on campus."

But did I GET such an email?!

no.

*puts on cranky pants*

LOL. :smile: Even a post it note would have been nice. :smile:
  • BodyByBex
    Options
    I hate when I tell clients, "Make sure I can reach you on your phone in case something goes wrong" and when I call, no one answers.

In my house when an animal is in vet over night, we sleep in shifts.
    But our animals are so integrated as family. Even the ferrets.
    They hear my voice and come running to see me and Akacia LOVES my dad.
    Carmella will come running for my mom. Probably because she likes being carried and my mom will carry her around the house. :laugh:
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Finally heard from the girlfriend. Took the poor dog to surgery. Garbage in the gut getting toxic. Got it out and the dog is doing better. :smile:
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Dog is doing well and should go home tonight. I'm already home and going to take some time off. :smile:
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    @sufferlandrian-hope you get some good rest and enjoy the time off!
  • belimawr
    belimawr Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    Ok on my new tour it only happens for like two hours at most but there is this big white glowing thingy in the sky... anybody know what the hell that is?