Welcome to Fun and Games! Many of the discussions in this category are games based on responding to the most recent comment. Please take a moment to refresh the page and make sure you are replying to the most recent comment to keep the game going!

The official nightshift thread....

Replies

• jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    I've heard stories where winning the lottery basically ruined people's lives...people always asking to borrow money, divorce,one even ended up dead (suspected murder), that kind of thing. Plus, I think it takes a lot of wisdom to be able to handle that kinda money, y'know? Like I just don't think it's all that simple to go from poor or even average income, to being rich overnight, and a lot of people just aren't emotionally or mentally equipped to handle that dramatic of a change.

Agreed, 100%.

But, I wouldn't exactly say no to $800 mil or however much it is right now. :D

Haha me either!
  • ThatFatAsianNerd
    ThatFatAsianNerd Posts: 1,415 Member
    edited January 2016
    I had to crawl out of bed the last 2 days and do some training for some school stuff... it was so bad towards the end of the day, my tablemates were like, "It's ok, it's almost over..."

Years ago, I sort of figured out early on as to what the secret of success can be for many people (including myself) when it came to studying, and that was forming a great study group where everyone was eons smarter than I could ever have been! Haha!
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    edited January 2016
    I've heard stories where winning the lottery basically ruined people's lives...people always asking to borrow money, divorce,one even ended up dead (suspected murder), that kind of thing. Plus, I think it takes a lot of wisdom to be able to handle that kinda money, y'know? Like I just don't think it's all that simple to go from poor or even average income, to being rich overnight, and a lot of people just aren't emotionally or mentally equipped to handle that dramatic of a change.

Agreed, 100%.

But, I wouldn't exactly say no to $800 mil or however much it is right now. :D

Haha me either!

Reports say no one won so it's now at $1.3B Oh and I bought 1 ticket, paid $3 and won $14 (woo hoo!)
  • ElizaRoche
    ElizaRoche Posts: 2,005 Member
    Night owl here!
    Send a message or something .. Can't sleep
  • Frankie_Felinius
    Frankie_Felinius Posts: 1,398 Member
    Three degrees outside right now. Glad I wore my warmest tights!
  • jennifer_417
    12 here. I did not wear tights, but I sure wish I had...
  • sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,244 Member
    Wow. How did I suddenly become the warm spot? :smile: 23 here. They said it would be in single digits. We aren't going to make it. The temperature is coming up, not down. Hope my pretty snow doesn't melt.
  • CampLondon
    CampLondon Posts: 239 Member
    Back in the dark tomorrow night :D
  • jennifer_417
    It is a balmy 16F here in Springfield, MO, and I wore a pair of thick, knitted tights under my work pants. And I'm glad I did.
  • BodyByBex
    BodyByBex Posts: 3,685 Member
    It is a balmy 16F here in Springfield, MO, and I wore a pair of thick, knitted tights under my work pants. And I'm glad I did.

Fleece Lined leggings under my pants...still cold, but it could be worse. I'll be walking my rounds here in a minute. Hope to get the worst over with before it hits the 20's like they say it will tonight. :confounded:
  • jennifer_417
    I thought about my fleece leggings, but they're super bulky under pants, and I only have to go outside to walk to/from my car, so went with the tights.
  • Frankie_Felinius
    A whole five degrees here...and my zerbra tights tonight...but under my skirt!
  • slider728
    slider728 Posts: 1,494 Member
    Hanging at about 3F here right now. Spent the weekend with the family at an indoor water park. After two days of swimming and a terrible nights sleep in a crappy bed, I really don't feel like working tonight!
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Lower to mid 40's here in the PNW. After reading everyone else's temps, I'm not complaining one bit. XD
  • sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,244 Member
    A nice balmy 22 degrees tonight. Just boxer briefs under my scrubs. :smile:
  • Frankie_Felinius
    lacroyx wrote: »
    Lower to mid 40's here in the PNW. After reading everyone else's temps, I'm not complaining one bit. XD

I just read an article in the local paper about how we (especially IL) are leaving in droves. Some states are gaining seats due to population increase (you) and some are losing seats (me).

See ya soon! :)
  • Frankie_Felinius
    IL is such a joke...our DL/IDS won't be valid for effin' flights in the near future...can't get a pay out on a lotto ticket over a few hundred...collapsing as we speak...
  • jennifer_417
    Whaaat? What kind of ID do they need?
  • BodyByBex
    IL is such a joke...our DL/IDS won't be valid for effin' flights in the near future...can't get a pay out on a lotto ticket over a few hundred...collapsing as we speak...

Texas will ALWAYS be valid. Probably because every other time you have to renew you have to fill out an application, present a valid photo ID (your DL counts if it's not expired), your Social Security Card, and your birth certificate. Oh and pay $25..
  • BodyByBex
    edited January 2016
    Whaaat? What kind of ID do they need?

It doesn't fit the TSA Identification requirements as proof of valid ID because of the process it takes to obtain OR it doesn't have enough safeguards on the ID itself. So they'll likely want a passport or other federal ID.