Welcome to Fun and Games! Many of the discussions in this category are games based on responding to the most recent comment. Please take a moment to refresh the page and make sure you are replying to the most recent comment to keep the game going!

The official nightshift thread....

Options

Replies

• Frankie_Felinius
    Frankie_Felinius Posts: 1,398 Member
    Options
    IL is such a joke...our DL/IDS won't be valid for effin' flights in the near future...can't get a pay out on a lotto ticket over a few hundred...collapsing as we speak...
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    Whaaat? What kind of ID do they need?
  • BodyByBex
    BodyByBex Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    IL is such a joke...our DL/IDS won't be valid for effin' flights in the near future...can't get a pay out on a lotto ticket over a few hundred...collapsing as we speak...

Texas will ALWAYS be valid. Probably because every other time you have to renew you have to fill out an application, present a valid photo ID (your DL counts if it's not expired), your Social Security Card, and your birth certificate. Oh and pay $25..
  • BodyByBex
    BodyByBex Posts: 3,685 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options

It doesn't fit the TSA Identification requirements as proof of valid ID because of the process it takes to obtain OR it doesn't have enough safeguards on the ID itself. So they'll likely want a passport or other federal ID.
  • Frankie_Felinius
    Options
    Yup. We're bobo.
  • Frankie_Felinius
    Options
    My FIL bought me a Ninja for Christmas...the one with the full size and travel size. So I figured now would be a good time to try an anti-inflammation diet and see if I can improve my health. It will be mostly ninja'ed veg/fruit mixtures and meals of salmon, sweet pots, veg, beans and rice. I just don't wanna make it myself! I wish I could just pick up fresh cooked grub at a fast food joint... :/ Should be interesting to see if any of my flaring issues are decreased...and if any come back once I try re-adding gluten, dairy, etc.

Gotta go get all the stuffs today. Fun fun.
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options

It doesn't fit the TSA Identification requirements as proof of valid ID because of the process it takes to obtain OR it doesn't have enough safeguards on the ID itself. So they'll likely want a passport or other federal ID.

My state of WA got a 2 year extension on the TSA traveling thing. We can still use our regular ol' driver's license but come Jan 2018 though, WA people will need a passport/enhanced ID thing.
  • Anxieux
    Anxieux Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Guess who's back :) MFP Message boards got unblocked at work :)
  • bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    I'm back at work tonight, yay! The weather was pretty d@mn cold in Ohio, I don't miss it one bit. It's not quite as cold here in NC.

@lilaclovebird that haircut is awesome! It looks great on you! Sorry to hear about the doggie
    @Frankie_Felinius wtf?? I had no idea that was even an issue with a state issued ID.
  • Frankie_Felinius
    Options
    Neither did I...until I heard it on the news. There are a handful of us but no suprise IL is on there!
  • Frankie_Felinius
    Options
    As I was putting groceries away today...I realized that except for the occasional salmon I'll be eating...it will be mostly vegan. How does one inadvertently start eating a (mostly) vegan diet? Huh...
  • slider728
    slider728 Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options
    Neither did I...until I heard it on the news. There are a handful of us but no suprise IL is on there!

I can't wait to leave IL personally. The government here is so dysfunctional that they could screw up making ice cubes at the North Pole in winter
  • Frankie_Felinius
    Options
    slider728 wrote: »

I can't wait to leave IL personally. The government here is so dysfunctional that they could screw up making ice cubes at the North Pole in winter

I hear ya...
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    Anxieux wrote: »
    Guess who's back :) MFP Message boards got unblocked at work :)

Hiya!
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    I can't say IL is high on my list of places to live, but I'd like to visit Chicago some day!

Ok, if you guys could pick anywhere in the world, where would you live?
  • slider728
    Options
    Ok, if you guys could pick anywhere in the world, where would you live?

Alaska. No place like home!

• fatjon73
    fatjon73 Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Have to be the Caribbean for me, laid back and plenty of sun....
  • fatjon73
    fatjon73 Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    I have an Uncle that lives in IL South bend, he loves it, but he is from UK so wont know any different....lol.....anywhere not in UK is good...
  • slider728
    Options
    fatjon73 wrote: »
    Have to be the Caribbean for me

I thought long about giving that answer too. I used to work/live in San Juan, PR back in the late 90's and I loved it there. I would live to go back. However, I haven't been back in 15 years and with all the recent economic turmoil there, I'm not sure it is the same place it once was!

• bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    Somewhere out West away from everyone else lol. Me, the hubs, and our doggies.

I have found after really tracking my food, I'm starting to buy the exact same stuff over and over. Less munchies and snacks.