Welcome to Fun and Games! Many of the discussions in this category are games based on responding to the most recent comment. Please take a moment to refresh the page and make sure you are replying to the most recent comment to keep the game going!

The official nightshift thread....

Replies

• bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,487 Member
    Cake is glorious <3 My favorite simple cake is yellow cake and chocolate frosting. It's what my mom made most often when I was a kid. So yummy.
  • Frankie_Felinius
    Frankie_Felinius Posts: 1,398 Member
    Cake is glorious <3 My favorite simple cake is yellow cake and chocolate frosting. It's what my mom made most often when I was a kid. So yummy.

As a child, that was one of my favorites! I mean, there was no cake I didn't like but ya know...

My least favorite was vanilla cake with vanilla icing and vanilla ice cream. I thought it meant plain. Now as an adult...that combo is by far my favorite. I definitely appreciate simple but very well done nowadays rather than overdone...at least dessert-wise...at least most of the time! I still indulge in overdone, trust me...but the pleasure of of something simple but good is something I never appreciated until adulthood.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    I have a really good recipe for a simple chocolate cake, and another for a whipped frosting made with sugar and butter...just...hnnnggg. The last time I made it I added Nutella to the frosting to make it chocolate...omigosh...
  • Frankie_Felinius
    So I just had a guy check in and he made a slightly snarky comment about how "I'm tryin' to slow down and I'm getting energized by you being so awake." I was like "Well, this is my morning soooo...." This isn't the first time someone has made a comment like that. I'm by NO MEANS a chipper person but I do move fast. I'm confused though...just because you're tired and it is the end of the day for you, I'm supposed to be in the same mood/state of mind? Huh...probably another thing only thirdshifters encounter...
  • jennifer_417
    I don't get why people care about how quickly you do or don't move. If anything, they ought to be glad you're getting them checked in quickly.
  • fatjon73
    fatjon73 Posts: 379 Member
    This for me is the best chocolate cake ever. .......

http://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/flourlesschocolateca_93580

But this is my favourite cake in the world and it's easy. ....
    http://www.goodtoknow.co.uk/recipes/519946/elderflower-and-lemon-drizzle-cake

• Frankie_Felinius
    edited January 2016
    I get annoyed constantly by how slow others move because I move waaaay too fast but I'm aware that it is MY problem by being annoyed by it...not them being slow (or normal paced)...so I never say anything or show displeasure (except to my family...they hear me say "chop chop" ten times a day) for them to know I'm annoyed. I guess I expect the same. Maybe my speediness annoys you but it surely doesn't give you the right to dictate how I should conduct myself! When I worked 2nd shift, I was praised by guests frequently for my "efficiency" but on 3rds it is not appreciated. Still...keep it to yourself buddy...
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    So I just had a guy check in and he made a slightly snarky comment about how "I'm tryin' to slow down and I'm getting energized by you being so awake." I was like "Well, this is my morning soooo...." This isn't the first time someone has made a comment like that. I'm by NO MEANS a chipper person but I do move fast. I'm confused though...just because you're tired and it is the end of the day for you, I'm supposed to be in the same mood/state of mind? Huh...probably another thing only thirdshifters encounter...

I like it when I get off in the mornings, go to a restaurant or bar that opens early, like at 9 or 10AM and starting laying back the alcohol. The whispers and stares from other people.

• sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,244 Member
    lacroyx wrote: »

I like it when I get off in the mornings, go to a restaurant or bar that opens early, like at 9 or 10AM and starting laying back the alcohol. The whispers and stares from other people.

That's funny. We go out to eat sometimes at the end of a shift and get stares when we are asking for dinner food at 9 AM. :smile:
  • sufferlandrian
  • sufferlandrian
    Picture from XC skiing on Friday. :smile:
  • bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,487 Member
    Beautiful!!!
  • jennifer_417
    belimawr wrote: »
    I just had a profound thought... figured I'd share as it's not even often that I have /a/ thought. ;)

Mom's coming this weekend, wants to celebrate birthday at the end of the month, which means... cake! Always something fancy like cannolo, black forest or the like. I'm thinking this year a simple chocolate or vanilla... because it seems to me that fancy is overdone, that something so simple is now the extraordinary.

Also, happy birthday!
  • jennifer_417
    Annnnddd now I really wanna bake a cake.
  • jennifer_417
    I get annoyed constantly by how slow others move because I move waaaay too fast but I'm aware that it is MY problem by being annoyed by it...not them being slow (or normal paced)...so I never say anything or show displeasure (except to my family...they hear me say "chop chop" ten times a day) for them to know I'm annoyed. I guess I expect the same. Maybe my speediness annoys you but it surely doesn't give you the right to dictate how I should conduct myself! When I worked 2nd shift, I was praised by guests frequently for my "efficiency" but on 3rds it is not appreciated. Still...keep it to yourself buddy...

I know the feeling. I can remember running errands thinking, "Am I the only person who actually needs to get somewhere?"
  • Frankie_Felinius

Our favorite Mexican joint serves whatever food whenever so it will be 9 A.M. and I'm over there drinking a margarita and eating a torta while everyone is sipping on coffee over chilaquiles.

• Frankie_Felinius
    That seriously doesn't look real...jealous.
  • Frankie_Felinius
    How fresh does THAT air smell??
  • BodyByBex
    BodyByBex Posts: 3,685 Member

Our favorite Mexican joint serves whatever food whenever so it will be 9 A.M. and I'm over there drinking a margarita and eating a torta while everyone is sipping on coffee over chilaquiles.

This is MY kinda place right here. :grin:

Also...I totally had Whataburger tonight. SSP is trying to make up for a boo-boo that I don't think I'm going to let him come back from. I think it's run it's course and I'm going to use part of my tax refund to buy an expensive new toy for myself. :mrgreen:
  • sufferlandrian
    These poor folks. They have been trying to nurse this poor thing and turns out the kidneys are gone. 4 AM and they are needing to put it down. A long night for them isn't going to get any shorter. I feel bad for them.