Welcome to Fun and Games! Many of the discussions in this category are games based on responding to the most recent comment. Please take a moment to refresh the page and make sure you are replying to the most recent comment to keep the game going!

The official nightshift thread....

Options

Replies

• sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,244 Member
    Options
    I've had that dream where it's final exams in school and as I'm heading in to the exam room, it's empty. The janitor then tells me exams were yesterday. I haven't had that one in awhile but like Hampton, I just jinxed myself. :smile:
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Put a fork in it. I'm done. I'll see you guys in a couple of days.
  • bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    I'm def ready to get these two shifts over with B)
  • TK6299
    TK6299 Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    One shift and done. Taking Thurs off and and on Fri the little lady and I are going to Chicago for the weekend!
  • bethanie0825
    Options
    4 hours and counting till my weekend!!!
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    I was the on call vet for tonight. Guess what? I got called. :smile: Guess I start my week early.
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    Friday meh. It's my Tuesday of the work week but to be fair, I look toward Sat and Sun since it's really quiet around my workplace.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Saturday and Sunday are quite busy here. Wednesday Thursday are the slow nights.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Really slow night. Didn't bring my exercise gear so maybe I'll catch a moving on TV.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Another slow night. Think I'll get on the exercise bike.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Opened my mouth too soon. The pets started pouring in as soon as I posted the last post. Not a good night for pets. At least so far it looks like they will all live.
  • BodyByBex
    BodyByBex Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    Opened my mouth too soon. The pets started pouring in as soon as I posted the last post. Not a good night for pets. At least so far it looks like they will all live.

Well, we have THAT going for us.

SO many reckless drivers tonight going East bound on the WEST BOUND side of hwy 71..... I can't even...I mean..how many beers?!

At least all is calm on campus, for now...
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Wow! That's bad. At least everyone on the way here was on the correct side of the road. Glad you made it to work in one piece.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Back at it. It's been a long day and the night is only beginning. We've been calling a client all day trying to get him to come pick up his cat. He calls tonight and says, "I was just looking for an update on my cat." Either give us a correct phone number or don't expect updates.
  • bethanie0825
    edited April 2016
    Options
    I hope all the pets live! They're in good hands :)

Did a 2.4 mile hike today. 5 miles on par for Sunday :+1:

I hope everyone is having a great weekend!
  • BodyByBex
    Options
    Back at it. It's been a long day and the night is only beginning. We've been calling a client all day trying to get him to come pick up his cat. He calls tonight and says, "I was just looking for an update on my cat." Either give us a correct phone number or don't expect updates.

No smurf! I mean REALLY?!

Expecting some hellacious weather from Sunday morning - Tuesday. Flash flood watch 10am Sun-10am Tues.
    Should be all kinds of fun. Allegedly, we're supposed to get a week's worth of rain in a day! :scream:

Also, WLALW(World Laboratory Animal Liberation Week) has begun again! So extra patrols, extra calls, and a BUNCH of overtime for the officers and NONE for me. I wont complain though. I will be right where I need to be to afford all of my dental work after this pay check.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Glad I don't have to deal with WLALW anymore. I'm glad I don't deal with AALAC anymore either. Because the hospital on one of the bases I worked at had Ferrets to teach residents to intubate children, we had to watch for ALF and PETA on liberation week.
  • BodyByBex
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Glad I don't have to deal with WLALW anymore. I'm glad I don't deal with AALAC anymore either. Because the hospital on one of the bases I worked at had Ferrets to teach residents to intubate children, we had to watch for ALF and PETA on liberation week.

I LOVE ferrets.

One of my little fuzzies is turning 6 in August. She's an old lady. She also has no known/major health issues thus far which is GREAT! She still plays like a young kit sometimes, for about 30 minutes, and then curls up somewhere for a 2 hour nap. :smile:

ETA: While I love ferrets, and dislike the idea of using them for intubation practice, I'd rather someone get it wrong on a ferret than on someone's child.
    It's a trade off and it sucks sometimes, but it is definitely necessary.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    At least they are survival procedures. That's better than most research animals get. We kept these guys alive for as long as they were healthy.
  • belimawr
    belimawr Posts: 1,155 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    o2t36g9ki7f4.jpg
    Greetings from the Shore!