Welcome to Fun and Games! Many of the discussions in this category are games based on responding to the most recent comment. Please take a moment to refresh the page and make sure you are replying to the most recent comment to keep the game going!

The official nightshift thread....

Options

Replies

• sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,201 Member
    Options
    Got a head trauma dog in tonight. Got picked up by a bigger dog and shook. I'm not sure I can fix this one but at least I can make it less painful.
  • bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,474 Member
    Options
    @LacednLace Well he sucks *kitten*. Your kids will see how awesome and strong you are as they grow. Don't put up his mess. Boo

@sufferlandrian Poor guy :cry: I'm glad you're feeling better tho

I'm back in the saddle for the first time in about 3 weeks and I'm already tired of talking on the phone lmao. Measured out my dinner and snacks. I just need to sneak out and grab my sugar free Red Bull for later on.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    I measured out my dinner and found it wanting. I'm thinking of running to the store for more. It's better than running to the candy drawer for more Snickers.
  • bethanie0825
    Options
    Truth.

I'm struggling to keep my eyes open which also means I'm starving. My poor body needs sleep but is craving junk food for energy. Hopefully I'll sleep the day away and be more ready for tonight's shift. :neutral:
  • BodyByBex
    BodyByBex Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    I have had so much happen the last week and I'm too tired right this moment to put it into this screen.

Definitely something for tomorrow because I feel dead tonight after having been awake since around 1pm yesterday.
  • bethanie0825
    edited September 2016
    Options
    I'm sitting at work super bummed out. The hubs and I were suppose to leave for our vacation first thing tomorrow morning. A whole week out west. Hoover Dam tomorrow afternoon on the way to Flagstaff. Grand Canyon Monday and Tuesday then onto LA. Angels game Wednesday and the wedding Saturday. I picked out a sparkly dark blue cocktail dress and black peep toe shoes.

I just don't want to be here. I want to be home, on my couch, doing nothing :disappointed::cry:
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Bethanie, I can sympathize. It's been 2008 since my family went on a vacation. I'm on my 12th shift in a row so we can finally take one this coming week. I almost have expect my relief vet to call in sick. That would be my luck lately.
  • bethanie0825
    Options
    Most people I know have had a really crappy year. I hope you and your family can have a nice, well deserved vacation.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Wow. What a night. From a C-Section to a Bloat to an enucleation to a laceration. I'm beat.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    I'm not sure why people you have sent to collections think that if they come in at 4:30 in the morning, you won't catch it.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    Sorry about your vacation and your crappy year, @bethanie0825! I hope next year is all sorts of awesome to make up for it!
  • bethanie0825
    Options
    Thanks @jennifer_417

In other news, I don't have to work tomorrow :smile: Maybe mow the grass and fold some laundry but that's it.
  • BodyByBex
    edited September 2016
    Options
    @sufferlandrian
    Hope you have an amazing vacation!

I'm doing my own 4 day 'staycation'

I was hoping to spend time just being a lay about but it would seem some new chores have shown up on my lap. :neutral:
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    If by showing up in your lap, that means a new puppy, that would be OK. :smile:
  • BodyByBex
    edited September 2016
    Options
    If by showing up in your lap, that means a new puppy, that would be OK. :smile:
    @sufferlandrian
    Try, cottontail bunny.... Darn cat(Fury) brought it into the fence on Friday, I left it outside the fence near where I've seen the rabbits hang out, hoping the mother would come pick it up. Sadly, Saturday morning it was still there and so we are trying to save it.
    A combo of KMR and heavy whipping cream(unsweetened). I throw in fresh yard greens twice a day(I have no idea what they eat, and probably couldn't identify it anyway, I'm not a botanist) and my parents SWEAR they've seen it nibble on stuff but we aren't sure if it's ACTUALLY eating them.

It was eating 1.5cc of the formula at each feeding (3 times a day) and last night it ate almost a full 3cc at the night feeding. I'm hoping to see a MAINTAIN in weight this morning when I get home since it's lost a bit of weight but I knew the moment I was told to bring it in the house, its chances of survival are small.
    It had its eyes open since it was brought to us, is covered in fur, its ears perked up fully yesterday, and it has taken to hopping around and exploring it's box. It's currently (as of last night) 51 grams and has been named Pippin.
    It's pooped and peed only twice (on it's own) and the poop is dark and TINY. I do the skin test to check for dehydration and it seems okay, but from what I've read, bunnies have sensitive systems and can go downhill FAST.

Praying and hoping for the best, but expecting the worst.
  • LacednLace
    LacednLace Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    His loss. I'm sure your kids think the world of you. :smile:
    Well, after an extended illness, I'm finally getting back to human. I commuted to work again tonight and although it was pretty slow, it was nice to not worry about how far is the next bucket or bathroom. Food poisoning sucks. :smile:

I hope they do. I have a toddler and an infant so my toddler is constantly asking me not to leave for work. Makes me sad. And sadly I still have to deal with the ex because he'll be watching them the nights I work until a dayshift opens here for me. (Aka at least a few years from what I've been told)

I'm glad youre over the food poisoning and hope youre staying hydrated!
  • LacednLace
    Options
    So I just finished catching up on ya'lls posts! Bethanie I'm sorry you had to miss your vacation hun. I bet that cocktail dress looks banging. Save it for a special date night maybe? Suffer, (at some point I either missed your first name to call you by or haven't asked so if you don't mind, may I please know your first name?) sounds like you've had quite the busy night. And no vaca since 2008? I def think one is in order for you. Lilac - (Rebecca right?) Im waiting to hear about your adventures and sorry you were tired and ended up with chores.

I will have to agree though, seems like everyone's been having a very Sh*tstic 2016. Sadly. The best part of this year? Getting full custody of my son my daughter being born and finding such an amazing team to work with. So still worth it but I'm praying that 2017 is MUCH better.
  • Ashley011516
    Ashley011516 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Whos up working ?!?
  • Hercules422
    Hercules422 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    I'm up.....and working lol
  • LacednLace
    Options
    Up working and doing school work.