Welcome to Fun and Games! Many of the discussions in this category are games based on responding to the most recent comment. Please take a moment to refresh the page and make sure you are replying to the most recent comment to keep the game going!

The official nightshift thread....

Options

Replies

• bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,474 Member
    Options
    @lilaclovebird I'm sorry too. I hope he's feeling better
    @LacednLace people suck lol

I'm working OT tonight till midnight, then working my regular days tomorrow and Thursday, 12p-12a. Dayshift for me Monday morning. That's gonna be a shock to the system when I have to function at 530a and that's not the end of my day :lol:
  • Geeky_and_Cheeky
    Geeky_and_Cheeky Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    Trying to get my kids to sleep & squeezing in a workout. May or may not be succeeding lol.
  • LacednLace
    LacednLace Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    @bethanie0825 I can only imagine! But on the bright side imagine the freedom youre gonna feel being home in the evenings and sleeping a "normal" schedule where you can run errands and do stuff you want on your days off and it wont feel odd or exhausting. I hope you love it.

@Geeky_and_Cheeky Did you get your workout in?

@sufferlandrian Is the pup ok?
  • Geeky_and_Cheeky
    Geeky_and_Cheeky Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    Yes I did @LacednLace a small workout at least! Up early on the stationary bike right now
  • bethanie0825
    Options
    It is gonna be normal. I got a taste of it while I was off taking care of the hubs. It was nice to be 'normal.' I was complaining to hubs the other day that I need more hours in the day. I'll find them on my days off when I'm awake at 6am :lol:
  • LacednLace
    Options
    It is gonna be normal. I got a taste of it while I was off taking care of the hubs. It was nice to be 'normal.' I was complaining to hubs the other day that I need more hours in the day. I'll find them on my days off when I'm awake at 6am :lol:

Well im jealous and ill miss you but im also very happy for you. Keep us posted if you can.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't mind people driving 8 mph on the highway in the rain if those very same people didn't try to drive 80 when there's ice and snow.
  • LacednLace
    Options
    So much truth to that its ridiculous!
  • LacednLace
    Options
    Hey ya'll just checking in. Third night in a row for me. Looking forward to sleeping tomorrow and seeing my babies. Oddly enough I've found its so much easier to stick to my healthier foods at work and do less munching. Also I have school work to do tonight so maybe that'll help pass some time. I got to go on an adventure yesterday and explore a little bit of the jail. It was awesome and terrifying at the same time. Max inmates making eyes and gestures at me was extremely uncomfortable. As much as I think I'd like to be an officer someday....I don't think I have the heart for it between children cases and violence. Guess I'll stick on this side of the line in law enforcement. How's everyone else's weekend? Anything new or exciting?
  • bethanie0825
    Options
    @jennifer_417 People can't dive period lol. Everyone else sucks at it but me :lol:

@LacednLace I don't think I could work in the jail, it looks interesting but I'll pass. My weekend went too fast.

I'm working days as of today...yay. I'll be ready to fall into bed by time I get home tonight.
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    Other than my FitBit taking a dump and them sending me a new one, not much going on here. Just busy, busy.
  • bethanie0825
    Options
    Mine app won't sync with MFP today :disappointed:
  • sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,201 Member
    Options
    Back from vacation. Wish I could say it's good to be back but the vacation was sure fun. :smile:
  • BodyByBex
    BodyByBex Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    Mine app won't sync with MFP today :disappointed:

This was a common thing.
  • BodyByBex
    BodyByBex Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    Back from vacation. Wish I could say it's good to be back but the vacation was sure fun. :smile:

Welcome back!

I don't have any push or pull to get anything done around here and it's frustrating me. Supervisors can SEE that it's frustrating me and they do nothing. The ONLY person who has made an effort to REALLY push for me is in FREAKING HOUSTON and he doesn't even have that much pull so he's pushing it to HIS supervisor and ALL we want is the damn lock on this one door replaced so that TechServices can finally admit that "Oh yeah! I guess that IS our problem!" and get down here to fix the darn door! So that people can go IN the door and go OUT the door without setting off a freaking ALARM!

/end rant

OKay.... so anyway, the end result of all of that is, my student loan repayment(particularly the one I have in collections) is coming to the forefront and I will be going back to school. For what, I'm not sure yet, but I'm leaning towards anything I can do 100% or like 98% online while I am at work. I'm checking things out and looking at my options.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Cool! Going back to school will be good. Online classes are tough. You have to be motivated to keep up on things or they can get away from you quickly.

Sorry about the door. Break the other one so no one can get in or out and they may fix the broken one. :smile:
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    I'm done. See you guys tonight. :smile:
  • bethanie0825
    Options

I'm glad vacation was fun!

@lilaclovebird If people would just do their jobs... I guess after working in such a high stress job, I have a really low tolerance for people who slack at their jobs. I gotta be 100% all the time and they don't have to be but it's a struggle for them to just do 25% :angry:

I want to go back to school too and online, but I have no clue what to go to school for. I have a BA in criminal justice so I can pretty much do anything. People have suggested business, public administration, emergency management...if you figure out something, let me know lol. I could sure use a break on paying my loans back too, can't lie.

Dayshift wasn't bad yesterday and today, so far, so good. One of the more unique employees here is coming to this rotation today, working 12p-12a so it might get interesting later on.
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    Umm....tell us more about what makes this employee "unique..." lol!
  • bethanie0825
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Well she's an older lady and is less than 18 months away from retiring. She's not retired on the job by any means but she's quirky. She's loud, brash, and opinionated. Some days she doesn't speak to anyone and other days she won't stop talking. We never quite know which version we're going to get :lol: She likes watching Food Network for 12 hours and when she is talking to us, we can barely get a word in edgewise.