CaliValleyGirl Posts: 744 Member
    Pretending to work
  • sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,166 Member
    @CaliValleyGirl - LOL. Been there. Done that. :smile:
  • CaliValleyGirl
    @CaliValleyGirl - LOL. Been there. Done that. :smile:

I'm finding it very difficult to get back into the groove of things after being a week off.

There was something at wirk I did before I went on vacation, but when I got back... meh, unnecessary and too much hassle.
  • CaliValleyGirl
    I'm actually pretty depressed being back at work
  • sufferlandrian
    It‘s hard to come back when you‘ve had fun. A week goes by so fast.
  • CaliValleyGirl
    It‘s hard to come back when you‘ve had fun. A week goes by so fast.

It does. I need more variety.
  • sufferlandrian
    I’m really liking this three day a week off stuff. After working seven days a week for so long, I kind of like this new concept called, “Time off”. :smile:
  • bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,474 Member
    I love my days off. At my my old agency, we would pull on-call and we almost always got called in. At the one I currently work for, no on-call. My days off are actually mine. Days off are good for the soul lol
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    edited November 2019
    Celebrating our successful application for visas to China. We thought we'd be easy to please and just ask for single entry 3 month tourist visa to cover the planned trip, but were very pleasantly surprised with a 4 year, multiple entry, 60 day stays visa! That means we can take multiple trips over the next few years very cheaply. This trip only cost us $499 CAD (each) for 10 days including international flights, 1 internal flight, hotels/breakfasts/transfers in 5 cities, and two common tours (Great Wall and Forbidden City.). Hahaha, I'm already thinking about where I'd like to go on the next trip and we haven't even gone on this first one yet. Probably Terracotta Army in Xi'an, and a cruise on the Yangze River - no time for those on this one as China is a huge country, at 9.5 million sq. km. nearly the same size as Canada (9.9 million sq. km.). SUPER EXCITED!!! Only 3 weeks left to go...
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    @canadjineh -That sounds amazing! I'm so happy for you guys!
  • bethanie0825
    @canadjineh That is incredible!!!! I hope you'll share some pictures with us!!
  • sufferlandrian
    Wow. I find it hard to believe no one has posted since the 8th. This was a hopping board two weeks ago.
  • jennifer_417
    Dude we been slacking!

What's everyone been up to?

For me, grad school's got me pulling my hair out, but pretty much everything else is good!
    Traveling to Kansas to meet the bf's family for Thanksgiving...eep!
    Anyone else traveling for the holidays?
  • sufferlandrian
    Wow. Talk about a nerve racking trip. Heading off to be judged by the clan. Hope you're not voted off the island.
  • sufferlandrian
    Jenn, how did the family visit go?
  • jennifer_417
    We're going for Thanksgiving. I'll keep ya posted! It's bound to be an adventure, lol!
  • canadjineh
    Sorry I haven't been on the boards lately, just getting last minute stuff done before the big China trip. Need to make sure elderly parents are all set up with what they need before we go. The carry ons and our shared checked luggage are sitting out in the living room and all sorts of little piles of stuff is gathering around them. First 3 nights are in a beautiful hot springs resort just outside of Beijing. Looking forward to that - private slate hot tubs that look out over the hot spring lake and gardens. Perfect for a winter soak after a climb on the Great Wall. Chunhuiyuan Hot Springs Resort.
    b3xzknjdc24k.png
    zvzls56uud0q.png
    mgfs9gd6fytd.png
  • canadjineh
    Caught a B&E in progress last night.
  • bethanie0825
    Totally been slacking on everything in my life lately. I struggle with depression and time change takes all of the wind out of my sails every year. Sucks for 2-3 weeks but I'm coming out of it finally so no worries. Steps have slacked. Haven't tracked food at all. Weight hasn't changed so that's good but I'm glad I'm getting back on track!!

@canadjineh that looks amazing! And bravo on catching the bad guys!

@jennifer_417 I hope everything goes well!!!
  • canadjineh
    Spring time change is the one that throws me for a loop. UGH! I hate suddenly losing an hour of sleep and take ages to recover from it.