Welcome to Fun and Games! Many of the discussions in this category are games based on responding to the most recent comment. Please take a moment to refresh the page and make sure you are replying to the most recent comment to keep the game going!

The official nightshift thread....

Options

Replies

• slider728
    slider728 Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options
    Big dog in tonight needing a transfusion. Took two donors to get enough blood.

Where does donated dog blood come from? Never seen a dog blood drive.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    slider728 wrote: »
    Big dog in tonight needing a transfusion. Took two donors to get enough blood.

Where does donated dog blood come from? Never seen a dog blood drive.

I'm curious, too! Also, what happened to the big dog that it needed a transfusion?
  • sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,201 Member
    Options
    The big dog developed an autoimmune disease. It's immune system is attacking its own red blood cells. We have a list of dogs with antigen free blood and we call them when we need a donor.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    For the slow time of year, this has been a busy night. Between an autoimmune disease Newfoundland, Staple eating Terriers and a hypoglycemic very pregnant Yorkie, it's been a busy night.
  • bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,474 Member
    Options
    I had no idea that's how blood transfusions for dogs worked. Cool.

So crazy pants who up and left our 911 center for her $10/hour paid under the table job at a car lot, sent a text to the boss lady asking if it'd be a waste of her time or not to put in an application for the two slots we have open :lol: Smh Boss lady was diplomatic and said she could. But we all know there's no way she'll get hired back by the chief.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Wow. That takes guts to ask that question.
  • Svanel
    Svanel Posts: 6,255 Member
    Options
    I had no idea that's how blood transfusions for dogs worked. Cool.

So crazy pants who up and left our 911 center for her $10/hour paid under the table job at a car lot, sent a text to the boss lady asking if it'd be a waste of her time or not to put in an application for the two slots we have open :lol: Smh Boss lady was diplomatic and said she could. But we all know there's no way she'll get hired back by the chief.

haha "crazy pants"
  • TK6299
    TK6299 Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    Stand by and prepare to be wowed.... an entire weekend off... I know, I know... shocking, lol.
  • Svanel
    Options
    TK6299 wrote: »
    Stand by and prepare to be wowed.... an entire weekend off... I know, I know... shocking, lol.

I am "WOWED". that's fantastic!
  • TK6299
    Options
    Yes it is... OT is starting to dry up around here. Bitter sweet for sure.
  • Svanel
    Options
    TK6299 wrote: »
    Yes it is... OT is starting to dry up around here. Bitter sweet for sure.

What adventure will you be getting lost in?
  • TK6299
    Options
    Well, off at 0500 and going grocery shopping. Picking up a pork butt and getting it in a dry rub for the day. Then tonight I will smoke it all night and take it to a house warming Saturday night. Sunday it's lunch with the kiddo and probably some marathon Destiny Sunday night, lol.
  • Svanel
    Options
    sounds fantastic! a house warming sounds so fun and domestic - i do hope you will have a great time! Enjoy a lovely lunch with your little ones! :)
  • TK6299
    Options
    "little one", lol... The kiddo is 16 and has me by over a foot and probably 40 lbs. Thanks, I will let him pick where we go. The house warming is for a buddy, and its a warming/ shift party, so it should be a good time.
  • DarthJader89
    DarthJader89 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Almost 2am here and I'm here drinking some wine and enjoying my first day off in ages
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Good for you guys getting some time off. I liked the time I had off. Now I'm battling microsoft and networking failures. Remember when computers were supposed to make our lives easier? Clients don't appreciate that you are trying your best to be a vet and an IT tech at the same time. Even something as simple as prescriptions labels become an exercise in futility when Microsoft software decides to barf right at the close of the day. :frowning:
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Another crazy weekend. Maybe it's time to switch jobs.
  • merryward13
    merryward13 Posts: 1,662 Member
    Options
    Tonight is my 5th of 5 nights. I'm pretty sure my blood is now pure coffee
  • bethanie0825
    Options
    Another crazy weekend. Maybe it's time to switch jobs.

I can't tell you how many times I've had this same thought...
  • bethanie0825
    Options
    Lord Monday mornings are hard. This week is going to suck. My partner is on vacation. Midshifter had a death in the family so it's just me for 12 hours. I'm gonna aim for 1000 steps an hour. I think that's doable enough.