Welcome to Fun and Games! Many of the discussions in this category are games based on responding to the most recent comment. Please take a moment to refresh the page and make sure you are replying to the most recent comment to keep the game going!

The official nightshift thread....

Options

Replies

• sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,244 Member
    Options
    Hurricane Irma, you just wiped out St. Martins. Where are you going to go now?! "I'm going to Disney World!" :-)
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    Yeah....watching this closely since we booked a flight to Miami for early Dec a couple of weeks ago. :s Haven't made any other arrangements for hotels, vehicle or even where we will be headed from there - not until after all this is past and we see how the infrastructure held up. We went to Cabo just 2.5 months after the hurricane there a couple years ago and you could hardly tell... The Mexican govt was instantly on top of it for repairs and help.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Florida will have all the businesses up and running. It's the houses that will take years to repair.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    How many times do I have to say, "I don't know anything about this event, I was not given any information about it" before this person stops asking me questions about this event?
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    Also, it would've been helpful if I had been given some information about this event before all the zoo employees punted...
  • canadjineh
    Options
    I always do a sneaky google on the event before I end up at a concert or festival or etc... and when I first check in I get a map of the site (festivals) in case anyone asks me where 'information' is, lol.
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    I will definitely do that next time!
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Finally got some wind. The smoke is starting to move to Canada. Sorry neighbors. It's headed towards Calgary. They won't know the difference between their fires and ours. :smile:
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    It's a payroll weekend. I don't mind paying people. I hate having to figure out who gets paid what. :frowning:
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    It's a payroll weekend. I don't mind paying people. I hate having to figure out who gets paid what. :frowning:

No way! You're famous for your love of paperwork!
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    I think I got more sleep when I worked as a janitor.
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    197% don't wanna be at work tonight. Anybody got jokes?
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    A man walks into a bar. That must have hurt. :smile:
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Wow. Just dozed off at my desk for about 30 minutes. Woke up with the movie in the best part. Double bonus! A quick nap and skipped the boring part of the movie. :smile:
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    The smoke is back. I'm getting really tired of the fires and the smoke. Mud slides will come next once the rain starts.
  • canadjineh
    Options
  • canadjineh
    Options
    On the other hand, this was my hike on Monday - finally free of smoke!! Our first day of showers was on Saturday.
    2q11dtcao21r.jpg
    1hzhaencpt61.jpg
    nk26rxqirl81.jpg
    cct7h6w3q1ws.jpg
    cgzz0vhxxam1.jpg
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    They started evacuations of Waterton Park a few days ago. It's getting pretty bad. When it does rain, there won't be any vegetation to stop the rain from just running down the slopes causing mudslides.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    The photos from the hike are awesome! Wish I was there.
  • canadjineh
    edited September 2017
    Options
    It was great! We haven't had much of a chance to hike this year. We are trying to fit in as much as possible before snowfall up high, lol. BTW that was our 'date day' plus a lovely dinner out when we got down to the bottom of the trail. Hubby is in the green shirt in the distance on the scree trail in the first picture. I waited to take the picture until he got to the perfect spot. We had the little lake all to ourselves, as we started hiking back a bit later than most would.