Welcome to Fun and Games! Many of the discussions in this category are games based on responding to the most recent comment. Please take a moment to refresh the page and make sure you are replying to the most recent comment to keep the game going!

The official nightshift thread....

Options

Replies

• sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,244 Member
    Options
    Antibiotics are tearing up my gut. They put a crown on the tooth but they think there is an infection in the next tooth. I'm supposed to go back on the 5th for rads and either a new filling or an extraction.
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    Ewwww!! Be very careful with that! Technically they shouldn't have put the crown on until they got rid of the infection, especially if they aren't quite sure of the source. Crossing my fingers they can save that other tooth and just fill after curing the infection. Follow the antibiotic instructions scrupulously but as a vet, I'm sure you know the importance of that. Good luck.
  • Shawna2788
    Shawna2788 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    3rds here. Just got out at 530a.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    @Shawna2788 - Any 24 hour gyms? That would be a good time to head to the gym. No one else will be there. :smile:
    @canadjineh - I'm a bit OCD about medications. I set me phone alarms to go off when they are due so I don't forget any. They were sure they got the infection from the tooth they put the crown on, but without drilling out the filling, they had no way to know about the tooth next to it. It's medicine. It's not an exact science. Sometimes you're the windshield, sometimes your the bug. It was my turn to be the bug. :smile:
  • Shawna2788
    Shawna2788 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    @sufferlandrian yes and it is only 3 minutes down the road from me. There is nothing more peaceful than an empty gym.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    I got my own gym equipment at home and put it out in the garage. I got tired of hearing the grunting and waiting for machines. I do miss the weights. They had some very good weights, but my Bowflex does a pretty good job.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Better living through pharmacology. We've had a couple pets in over the last couple days that couldn't be handled without sedation. Had to tell the owner of one of them that I couldn't see the pet unless they let me sedate him. Crazy dog that the owners won't control or train. Glad it was a Chihuahua and not a mastiff. The cat we saw yesterday, the owners know you can't handle him and we just took him straight to the Isoflurane box. Never even took him out of the carrier until we dumped him in the box. He was less stressed, we were less stressed and no one was bitten or scratched. A win win for everyone.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    I think I might be going crazy. We had a dog in that barked all night long. Not the kind of bark you could close the door and get away from. It was the kind that penetrated every wall of the building. You could even hear it outside!
  • canadjineh
    edited September 2017
    Options
    My goodness!! You need a dog psychologist at your clinic, @sufferlandrian! In my opinion all Chihuahuas should be euthanized. I've never met a non-psycho Chihuahua yet.... And I have met quite a few, they are popular around here. PB's and Shih tzhuahua's. Lots of seniors with small dogs.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Man it was Gorgeous today! Went for a bike ride instead of sleeping. Totally worth it! :smile:
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    OK, here we go. Another weekend and another 62 hour shift. I can't wait for May when the new doctor arrives.
  • canadjineh
    Options
    Are there 62 hours in weekend??? Take 'cat naps' and hope the dogs are quiet...
  • sufferlandrian
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Three days, 24 hours a day makes 72 in a weekend. I'm 10 short. I take cat naps whenever I can.
  • bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,477 Member
    Options
    canadjineh wrote: »
    Are there 62 hours in weekend??? Take 'cat naps' and hope the dogs are quiet...

Yay for 3 day weekends....not! Unless you're off for 3 days and not working them, that is lol
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    So....looks like I burned out the engine in my Jeep this week. I won't know for sure for a week, according to my mechanic, but it looks like I might be in the market for a new car soon. $430 for a two-week car rental in the meantime.

Also, it has taken me four hours to write just under 2 pages of a 7-page paper.

Ugh.
  • MellowGa
    MellowGa Posts: 1,258 Member
    Options
    So....looks like I burned out the engine in my Jeep this week. I won't know for sure for a week, according to my mechanic, but it looks like I might be in the market for a new car soon. $430 for a two-week car rental in the meantime.

You mean you seized it? that would mean an entire new engine, where you not keeping oil in it, not checking it? I'm sorry to hear this, any mechanic friends to double check this? because that is pretty darn serious
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Which is going to be cheaper, a new car or a new engine?
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    We don't know yet.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Either way it's not going to be cheap. Guess you'll be looking for overtime, again. :(
  • jennifer_417
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Either way it's not going to be cheap. Guess you'll be looking for overtime, again. :(

Most likely.

My mom was admitted to the hospital today. She fell the day before yesterday and hurt her wrist. It was swollen and really painful today so she went to have it looked it. She fell because she had a moment of vertigo, which caused them to do an MRI, to find that she apparently has had a series of mini strokes. I have no idea what that means just yet, but she'll be in the hospital until at least tomorrow. They also think she's probably broken her wrist, and they'll have to operate on it.