Welcome to Fun and Games! Many of the discussions in this category are games based on responding to the most recent comment. Please take a moment to refresh the page and make sure you are replying to the most recent comment to keep the game going!

The official nightshift thread....

Options

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,716 Member
    Options
    bump
  • sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,244 Member
    Options
    Jennifer, that is one heck of a night.
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    Jenn.... both of you were giving something a yank, bwahahaha! :p
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    canadjineh wrote: »
    Jenn.... both of you were giving something a yank, bwahahaha! :p

You won the internet!
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    I’m guessing the look on his face when you found him was priceless. :smile:
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    Didn't see his face...just his torso. He was laying at an odd angle from the door.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Awkward. :smile: Well, all our snow melted in the valley. It's still pretty white up in the hills and moutains around the valley. I can't decide if I want to get another ski pass this year. I've been working so much I'm not sure when I would get a chance to go. I get home lately and all I want to do is sleep. Why is youth wasted on the young? I could sure use the energy I had when I was 30.
  • canadjineh
    Options
    Heck, I could use the energy I had when I was 45, lol.
  • sufferlandrian
    edited October 2017
    Options
    One of the problems with waiting for someone to come in that called from a few hours out is you never know if they will actually come in, or if the dog will die enroute.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    The dog must have either died enroute or gotten better. The owner never showed up. Would have been nice to know so I could have been doing something else.
  • canadjineh
    Options
    I hate when the client just doesn't show. Like your time and mental energies are worth nothing at all. I hope the dog is ok.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    It's been a slow night. After the last couple, I'll take it. I'm getting a bit burned out by the cases that require constant adjustments to keep them breathing or their hearts beating. We've been successful but it's really been a lot of work.
  • canadjineh
    Options
    It's been a pretty quiet past few nights on patrol, probably because yucky wet and cold weather has begun. Keeps the troublemakers inside their houses watching TV and texting their posse. I just have to time my long walkabouts like the college for when it stops raining, so far so good.
    I've been listening to a lot of Tragically Hip music tonight and interviews with musicians that knew Gord Downie. Sad; he died yesterday from brain cancer. Last summer's farewell concert tour was so bittersweet. He was the same age as I am. Fifty three - so young. Amazing poet/songwriter/musician.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    You guys are about to get hammered with rain. The next four or five days you are going to need massive rain gear.
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    Energy? I'm taking a module class over Fall break. It's a great class, it's just exhausting.
  • canadjineh
    Options
    You guys are about to get hammered with rain. The next four or five days you are going to need massive rain gear.

Actually, the part of BC we are in is only going to have a few light showers on Sat/Sun, and then sun but cool temps for the next week. We did have a snowfall warning yesterday afternoon/last night but it wasn't all that bad if you weren't in the high mountain passes.

Hey Jenn, sending you a big ol' batch of energy for your classes!
    branpowerup_by_thebteamart-dbgl4fz.gif
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Sometimes I wish we were more like human ERs where you get subsidies. Then again, sometimes I'm glad I can tell people they need to go somewhere else. When a client starts abusing my receptionist or techs, they need to go somewhere else. Most of the time, that means a 2 hour drive to Missoula, but that's not my problem. :smile:
  • bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,476 Member
    Options
    *waves* Hi everyone! I think I've gotten caught back up. The weather has finally turned cooler about my parts. 70's in the day and 50's at night. I'm one weekend #2 in a row (moving from one rotation, back to my original one).

@jennifer_417 My hubs and I use https://cargurus.com/

My LT came down today to inform me that he name dropped me :open_mouth: Apparently they want to offer PD sponsorship to BLET to a town employee each year; since I'd mentioned this like last year, he busted my name out as being interested. Guess I better get my *kitten* in gear.
  • canadjineh
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Welcome back Bethanie!! Wondered where you'd dropped off to.

Ummmm, what's LT and what's BLET?
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    What’s BLET?