Welcome to Fun and Games! Many of the discussions in this category are games based on responding to the most recent comment. Please take a moment to refresh the page and make sure you are replying to the most recent comment to keep the game going!

The official nightshift thread....

Options

Replies

• sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,244 Member
    Options
    I have no idea where the last post went. Hope it shows up soon.
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    Haha, you're the only one who'd notice since the rest of us didn't know it's missing. Now I'm wondering what it was.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    I'll be glad when I'm not the only vet at the ER. I'm working with a cold. I'm on cold medication and a ton of caffeine to overcome the sleepy side effect of the cold medication. I'm wired and tired at the same time.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Coming down off my cold medication. I can finally concentrate long enough to do records. :smile:
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    It's cold tonight. Moisture in the air and low temps make it feel colder than it really is. I was biking in and the thermometer said 39 degrees. Going to be in the low 20s by morning.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Had a bad one tonight. Someone let their dog out unsupervised at night and it was hit by a train. Three of the four limbs were sheared off between the wrist/ankle and elbow/knee. The dog was still alive but in shock. We had to euthanize. No tag; no microchip. Someone thinks their dog is just out roaming and wont even know until later that it's dead.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Beautiful hound dog in tonight. Got off the owners property and ran in to barbwire. A good Samaritan brought him in and the owners called while she was still here looking for him. He's all patched up and going home. Very nice owners. The owners from the dog last night still haven't called.
  • kk_dolphin_kk
    kk_dolphin_kk Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    canadjineh wrote: »
    Can't find it "Discussion Not Found" "The page you were looking for could not be found."
    Ummmmm, why?? - since the new forums went live.

I get the same. Did you ever find it?
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    That's odd. I never got that message.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    I never cease to be amazed at how the will of a spirit can overcome the weakness of our bodies; pets that live on with the sole purpose of trying to please the owners and make them happy. However, without fail there comes a time when even the strongest of us can't overcome the ravages of time or disease. I'm so sorry for the owners that lose a pet to the ravages of time. At the same time, I'm grateful for the relief the animal receives when the spirit finally submits and allows the body to enter the rest of those whos essence has passed on to another plane of existence.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    I never cease to be amazed at how the will of a spirit can overcome the weakness of our bodies; pets that live on with the sole purpose of trying to please the owners and make them happy. However, without fail there comes a time when even the strongest of us can't overcome the ravages of time or disease. I'm so sorry for the owners that lose a pet to the ravages of time. At the same time, I'm grateful for the relief the animal receives when the spirit finally submits and allows the body to enter the rest of those whos essence has passed on to another plane of existence.

❤❤❤
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    @jennifer_417 - What did you do about the fit bit and yarn ball issue? Just ignore it?
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    @jennifer_417 - What did you do about the fit bit and yarn ball issue? Just ignore it?

I took it off for the rest of the winding. I don't think it took enough calories off my total for it to matter much.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    I'm wiped after this weekend and I've got 12 hours to go. I could kiss whoever discovered caffeine.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Unfortunately, another animal has come to the end of his journey. A tough old dog, but he got into something when they were out hiking and it shut down his kidneys and liver.
  • canadjineh
    Options
    Yikes, @sufferlandrian, I guess October for dogs is like February for older humans. A month of death.
  • bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    Welcome back Bethanie!! Wondered where you'd dropped off to.

Ummmm, what's LT and what's BLET?

Holy crap, sorry lol. I just got back from a week off :smile: I'm around, usually lurking since I'm a daywalker.

LT is Lieutenant and BLET is Basic Law Enforcement Training.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Yikes, @sufferlandrian, I guess October for dogs is like February for older humans. A month of death.

No kidding. I didn't see that coming. Any special reason?
  • canadjineh
    Options

No kidding. I didn't see that coming. Any special reason?

I think it just has to do with the stresses of winter, it's harder on people with heart problems and for flu. It depends on where you live though, Feb is coldest here, but other places have higher deaths in first couple weeks of Jan.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    That's kind of cool to know. Bad for them, but still an interesting bit of information.