Welcome to Fun and Games! Many of the discussions in this category are games based on responding to the most recent comment. Please take a moment to refresh the page and make sure you are replying to the most recent comment to keep the game going!

The official nightshift thread....

Options

Replies

• jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    Movie night! I'll bring the cocoa!

I'm supposed to go look at a bike tonight to potentially buy it. I've been wanting one for a long time.
  • sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,244 Member
    Options
    What kind of bike? Winter is here. A Fat Tire bike would be awesome for riding in the winter. I love mine. :smile:
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    I think the brand is Greenline? It's a bit bigger than I expected, and not super rugged, but it's not like I'm planning to take it up a mountain or anything, so it should be ok.
    What's weird is that it's causing my car to smell like cigarette smoke. The guy I bought it from is smoker, but I don't understand how something almost entirely metal could absorb that smell! I'm probably gonna leave it outside for a few days, if it doesn't rain.
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    I think the brand is Greenline? It's a bit bigger than I expected, and not super rugged, but it's not like I'm planning to take it up a mountain or anything, so it should be ok.
    What's weird is that it's causing my car to smell like cigarette smoke. The guy I bought it from is smoker, but I don't understand how something almost entirely metal could absorb that smell! I'm probably gonna leave it outside for a few days, if it doesn't rain.

Lubricants and the seat as well as any soft plastic handlebar grips will absorb the cigarette smell. To get rid of the scent you might have to Google "fire cleanup/disaster cleanup.". Cigarette smoke is horrible to get rid of. Cleaning with TSP works on some things but probably won't be good for your bike.
  • canadjineh
    Options
    Eating a little dish of 9% Krema Greek Yogourt limited edition Pumpkin Pie. OMG! Like pumpkin cheesecake without the stupid crumb crust. My high protein dessert.
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    Just over 2.5 pages left on this 20-page paper. The end...well, it's not near, exactly....but at least it's somewhere out there that I can actually conceive of it.
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    Annnnnnnd done! *zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz*
  • canadjineh
    Options
    One and a half days til a big trip..... so many things to do yet before we fly. I feel panicked and rushed, more than normal. I need to remember no one will die if I forget some little thing.
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    I haven't even had time to take out my new bike yet...annoying.
    @canadijneh- hope you got everything done and are now having a fantastic time!
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    I don't know the exact temp, but it's butt-cold outside! *angry face*
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Some remind me next year not to work 110 straight hours. I'm mixing 5 hour energy drinks with Monsters and still struggling. 26 hours to go.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    @Jennifer - That's the perfect time to ride. No one else is out there. You have the bike path all to yourself. :smile:
    @canadjineh - Hope you have fun on the trip.
  • canadjineh
    Options
    Whew! Masses of people in Vegas when we got there, but we forgot it's US Thanksgiving weekend. Headed out this morning for Zion and Bryce. Temperatures were record breaking highs with awesome blue skies and timing was right for beautiful late afternoon sun on the red rock...making for great photography. Next couple days in Bryce for hiking and photos.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Beautiful area in the winter. I'd hate to hike it in the summer. Incredibly hot during the summer. I can't remember if they have Hanta virus there or not. Watch for deer mice feces in your bedding/clothing. You won't catch it if you don't inhale it.
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    This thread is so informative!
  • bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    canadjineh wrote: »
    Whew! Masses of people in Vegas when we got there, but we forgot it's US Thanksgiving weekend. Headed out this morning for Zion and Bryce. Temperatures were record breaking highs with awesome blue skies and timing was right for beautiful late afternoon sun on the red rock...making for great photography. Next couple days in Bryce for hiking and photos.

Gah, I'm jealous!!! I hope you have an amazing trip and I hope you share pictures with us!!!

I'm so not feeling like working out. I'm tired, my weight isn't moving anywhere. I'm tired. I did manage to quit caffeine and most soda drinking. I'll have caffeine here and there but it's def not an everyday thing anymore. Did I mention that I'm tired?? My dr swears my thyroid is under control but it doesn't feel like it. I need a new dr and better labs drawn; my dr just does TSH and goes from there. I feel like he's not getting the entire picture.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Wow. There's so much more to thyroid than TSH. T4, T3, ability to utilize T4 and T3, abnormalities in the thyroxine or antibody to the thyroxine. Time to run more test.

I'm feeling so wiped out after that 110 hour shift. I managed 30 minutes of exercise 15 bike 15 weights, but I felt like I hit the wall after only 10 minutes on the bike.
  • bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    Wow. There's so much more to thyroid than TSH. T4, T3, ability to utilize T4 and T3, abnormalities in the thyroxine or antibody to the thyroxine. Time to run more test.

I'm feeling so wiped out after that 110 hour shift. I managed 30 minutes of exercise 15 bike 15 weights, but I felt like I hit the wall after only 10 minutes on the bike.

There is and I feel like there's still a piece missing somewhere. I don't feel right and it's hard to verbalize it.

And holy hell, 100 hours; that's crazy. I don't how you did it.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    I feel like I needed another 4 hours of sleep but I woke up at 2 PM and couldn't get back to sleep. At least I got to play with my youngest daughter. She's a hoot! :smile:
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    I laid down for a nap yesterday and slept about 11 hrs. Musta been a little tired.