Welcome to Fun and Games! Many of the discussions in this category are games based on responding to the most recent comment. Please take a moment to refresh the page and make sure you are replying to the most recent comment to keep the game going!

The official nightshift thread....

Options

Replies

• sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    Bethanie - How's your cold coming along? Hope it cleared up as fast as mine did.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    @sufferlandrian -totally jealous you healed up so fast, but I'm glad you're feeling better!
    @canadjineh & @bethanie0825- hope you're both feeling better!
  • bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    Cue hacking cough! Luckily, my work weekend ends in about 21 mins. My hubs and stepson are in DC for a couple days so I get the house to myself to relax and get this crud gone. I also have to play Santa and get gifts wrapped.
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    Bethanie, wear cozy jammies and put your feet up while you drink a hot lemon tea (lean head over cup to inhale warm steam first, ahhhhhh).
    There should be snow waiting for you at home. :smile: We finally got some here so you should have some waiting for you. :smile: Welcome back.
    Flights from Vegas were full so they asked anyone who could to check their cabin carry-on for free and it would be sent on. I just took my tablet, water bottle, and essentials out and stuffed them in my purse and checked my carry on. It certainly is freeing to travel w/o any luggage to wrestle down the plane aisle. I'd do that again anytime.
    Wellll, it had been dry for 3 weeks until just after we flew in... we took friends to dinner and by the time we got out it was starting to snow and then today was a snowfall warning with 25 cm - slippery craziness as the temp is only at the freezing mark. Yuk, not even the good stuff (although hubby is so desperate for good winter he was talking about going out to snowshoe, WTH!!)
    He went to bed at 9:30 tonight, we are both tuckered out from the 'Grand Tour' running here and there and 'seeing all the things.' I start work again Tuesday night, so I've got to start moving my bedtime forward or else I will be dead meat.
    On the side, it was nice to find two cheques from customers (hubbie's business) waiting for us when we returned. Nothing like 'found money' when you've drained the account, lol.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Finally starting to get snow. Looks like we'll have a white Christmas after all. :smile: Got a weird case in tonight. Dog was chewing on a stick and ran into something. The stick punched a hole in the back of the throat. They fed the dog to see if it would still eat and drink. Now the throat is all full of food but it's outside the esophagus. Had to close the hole and put a drain in the neck so whatever food couldn't be flushed out, the body can expel.
  • canadjineh
    Options
    MY GOODNESS, some brainless owners?! I hope all the food outside the esophagus doesn't putrefy and poison the poor animal.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Well so much for the snow. Had a warm front come in and brought a bunch or rain. Most of the snow is gone. I'm guessing it's going to get cold and freeze the rain into black ice. Not looking forward to that.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Yeah! The snows back. One foot and counting. Looks like it will be a white Christmas after all. :smile:
  • bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    Feeling better although I barely have enough voice to work, but here I am :smile:

No snow here for sure. It was 74F yesterday, suppose to be 70F Saturday, and 63F Sunday. I'm working Monday so no biggie. We'll do presents and dinner Friday afternoon.

People are not the smartest species for sure. We do not deserve dogs.

I left my house last Friday morning for work; I'd spoken to my husband who left the house at 2am to do police stuff and he said there was a small puppy in the back yard. It had come out of the woods alone and followed him to the house. He had to leave. I took a towel out with me just in case and out pops the little guy from behind my
    grill. She had tucked herself under the cover as it was breezy and about 38F. She was shivering and immediately cuddled up under my neck. I check her mouth and she has teeth so I wrapped her up and brought her to work with me. The shelter in the county where I work is much better than the shelter in my home county. And I couldn't leave her with my dogs, nor would I leave her outside.

She chills in her box as long as I touch her so I drove to work one handed :lol: My partner took her home that morning so she didn't have to go to the shelter. No parvo :smile: She was taken by an older couple who are in love with her. Their previous dog died earlier this year. Last picture I saw, she was asleep in the woman's arm with a tiny pink halter and leash :heart: Her name is Angel.

9dbcr8nxf0m1.jpg
    v0uj0z8vredp.jpg
    neb15i47q6u6.jpg
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    Such a cute little girl! I'm glad she found a home!
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    She is so cute! It's always good to hear a happy ending story. :smile: I needed that tonight.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Started out as a slow night. With the extra snow we are getting tonight I didn't expect much coming in. However, about 9 PM the heavens cut loose with a bunch of stuff. It's going to take me until 8 AM to do all the records.
  • joshhansen360
    joshhansen360 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Bored cant sleephl7gl2qksw0d.jpg
  • canadjineh
    Options
    It's been pretty quiet traffic-wise on the highway here, lots of snow in the past 3 days. Tonight they are removing it from downtown with front end loaders and big dump trucks. Huge piles pushed into intersections a couple times higher than my patrol car, just to disappear 10 minutes later when I drive past that corner again. All vehicles had to be moved off the streets tonight so they could be properly cleared. After all, holidays are coming and no city wants to pay double time call-out for random snow removal. Keep the taxpayer happy.
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    It's 36F and raining. I haven't seen a single salt truck, which sorta makes sense, because the rain would probably wash the salt away, anyway. But my drive home in the morning could get really interesting.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Saw the guy in the left lane next to me this morning lock up his tires and slide through the intersection. Glad the cross traffic was watching. Roads aren't bad tonight. The plow trucks around here are a like a giant ant hill when the snow falls. They seem to pop out of nowhere and don't stop until the roads are clear. Our plow guys are AWESOME!
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    Sure enough, the rain turned to sleet, and now it's snowing quite vigorously. At least the snow will provide some traction over what will surely be a sheet of ice by the time I get off work.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Yikes! Drive safe. Don't want you being the one sliding through the intersection.
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    Well, I drove safe, but that didn't keep me out of a wreck. Some girl in a Jeep slid into me, causing me to spin out and hit the median and total my car. I went to the ER and got xrays. Nothing's broken, but I'll be hella sore for a few days and have some pretty epic bruises.
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    r3twhrn2ja7m.jpg
    gr6pdsjfjucg.jpg