Welcome to Fun and Games! Many of the discussions in this category are games based on responding to the most recent comment. Please take a moment to refresh the page and make sure you are replying to the most recent comment to keep the game going!

The official nightshift thread....

Options

Replies

• canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    Uggghhh! Razor poops :o:s

Trying a course of cold laser on the osteoarthritis in my left foot (old workplace accident)... hoping that it will help the inflammation (it worked for my MD's receptionist). Tried Glucosamine/Chondroitin/MSM a while back but didn't seem to work for me, or who knows maybe it did because it's just now that it's bothering me...

@bethanie0825 Dietdoctor site is really useful!
  • canadjineh
    Options
    @sufferlandrian was the new vet coming in March, or May... or am I having a memory lapse moment?
  • sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,211 Member
    Options
    @canadjineh - No, the new vet is coming in May. I've got another gal who is starting to try to help but she is pretty raw when it comes to emergency work so I have to be here when she is here so I can help. At least I don't have to write up the records. :smile:

It's supposed to start snowing at 4 AM. That is going to be infinitely better than the rain on 0 degrees ground we have seen for the last two days. The rain is freezing as soon as it hits the pavement.
  • bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,474 Member
    Options
    Poor guy! I hope he's going better now.

I've been hitting it hard the past week working out. Then I get to work this morning to find out that another dispatcher went upstairs and is interested in going to BLET too. She's younger and in-shape. Our department will sponsor one person each fiscal year. I'm just waiting to be told that they're going to send her in July and make me wait 18 months, instead of just 12.

I'm irritated about the whole thing: I put myself out there and asked questions and get myself in the spotlight. She decided to just hop on my coattails. We hired her 6 months ago to dispatch. We had to send her to all the schools and train her for 3 months. She has never expressed any want to be on the road. I've been laying the groundwork in terms of speaking with the right people, for a year. I finally do it, and someone else slides in.

Grrr.....
  • canadjineh
    Options
    Hang on Bethanie, maybe she is just inspired by you and is following you as a great example. Crossing my fingers for you.... I'd emphasize my work experience if I were you, in any interaction with decision-makers.
  • bethanie0825
    Options
    canadjineh wrote: »
    Hang on Bethanie, maybe she is just inspired by you and is following you as a great example. Crossing my fingers for you.... I'd emphasize my work experience if I were you, in any interaction with decision-makers.

I know and I definitely will. It's was just a hard pill to swallow; I finally speak up for myself and someone else jumps in. And then yesterday just went downhill from there lol. My hubs got chewed out at work too so we ate a Tombstone pizza and called it a night :lol:
  • canadjineh
    Options
    Oh no! That's so stressful! If one gets chewed out by a boss it's not like you can snipe back. What's a Tombstone pizza? Crust is heavy as a rock? Lol, no, really... I don't know what it is.
  • KeepRunningFatboy
    KeepRunningFatboy Posts: 3,055 Member
    Options
    It’s 3:51 and I can’t sleep
  • canadjineh
    Options
    Good morning!! KeepRunningFatBoy. Welcome to the group! Do you work nights or just have trouble sleeping?
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    I'm so ready for my shift to end at 8 AM this morning. It's been such a slow night. I think I may try to ride the stationary bike. That usually brings something in.
  • canadjineh
    Options
    Kinda like how the phone rings when you're taking a shower >:)
  • bethanie0825
    Options
    Oh no! That's so stressful! If one gets chewed out by a boss it's not like you can snipe back. What's a Tombstone pizza? Crust is heavy as a rock? Lol, no, really... I don't know what it is.

Well, then, a Sgt snapped at me and I snapped back. It was the cherry on top of the crappy day sundae :lol: Hubs got chewed out bc of something someone else did.

A Tombstone pizza is a frozen pizza that's carby and delicious. The crust isn't too thick. We ate our feelings and moved on.
    https://www.tombstonepizza.com/

I'm so ready for my shift to end at 8 AM this morning. It's been such a slow night. I think I may try to ride the stationary bike. That usually brings something in.

I'm ready for my work weekend to be over. I'll work Wednesday and Thursday, then I'm off for a week. I need it after the week we've had in here. My partner and I are done :lol:
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    You'll have to forgive Canadjineh. She's Canadian. In her defense, she knows what Poutine is. :smile:
  • KeepRunningFatboy
    KeepRunningFatboy Posts: 3,055 Member
    Options
    Good morning!! KeepRunningFatBoy. Welcome to the group! Do you work nights or just have trouble sleeping?

I think it’s a side effect of prescriptions. I have very vivid intense dreams. Frequent nightmares. So I try to avoid sleeping by drinking monsters and coffee all day and I leave the tv on at night.

• canadjineh
    Options
    Oui, je connais la poutine!! Unfortunately I have to use gluten free gravy.... not quite the standard deliciousness. Tombstone looks like a decent thin crust (like proper Northern Italian pizza) but potatoes?! Ummm NO!
    Duckling-Shaking-Head-And-Say-No-Funny-Gif.gif

Yikes, Monster Energy itself is enough to give me nightmares. But I do understand @KeepRunningFatboy ... my auntie used to have to take regular meds that caused very vivid dreams (sometimes nightmares) that made her thrash and fall out of bed sometimes.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    I can't even remember dreaming lately. I lie down and the alarm goes off. If I wasn't getting woken up by the dogs or my bladder, I'd think it was a conspiracy. :smile: I feel for you having nightmares. That ruins even the good sleep you get. What about Lavender in a vaporizer? I've heard it helps reduce the nightmares. I wish I could say it would stop them, but they say it just reduces the intensity and frequency.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    The weather is still yucky. It's not cold enough to keep the snow from melting and not warm enough to keep it from refreezing and making the roads a skating rink every night. :frowning:
  • bethanie0825
    Options
    I love poutine!

We typically get the pepperoni or just cheese pizza. I want normal pizza toppings; no crazy stuff for me.

My dreams have always been vivid, even when I was a kid. I've fallen out of bed :lol: The most vivid ones I have are nightmares. My husband is a good sport and will wake me up out of them as soon as I wake him up. He's saved me from quite a few bad ones.

We're getting more snow today. Allegedly 4-6 inches where I work and live but it hasn't started snowing yet. I'm hoping they're overestimating it because I don't want to spend the night on a cot here at the department.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Not a good night for pets. One had heart failure, one had cancer and one was attacked by another dog. All three are gone. We have a diabetic cat and a dog recovering from bloat surgery. They are being stubborn but I think they are going to make it.

They keep predicting lots of snow here. However, it usually is a fraction of what they say. One of these times they are going to tell us to beware of a heavy snow and no one will listen. We had two feet of snow in the yard but the last two snow predictions turned into snow rain mixes so we are down to about a foot. Hoping the prediction for this weekend brings a few more inches. We could use it.
  • bethanie0825
    Options
    So, we got some snow. It ended up moving in and out slower. It snowed for 12+ hours where I work. I ended up staying at a hotel here in town but did bc I have to work today. It is really beautiful. We don't get this much snow often and it's usually the dry stuff. Not today :smile: I had between 6-7 inches on my car when I left work @ 530p but it kept snowing till after 9pm.

s0vo36nyr3s3.jpg
    jzccwob0n1he.jpg
    2bwl6yapruyu.jpg